• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

I think you have me wrong. The Mo Murda is what makes is a great hook. Like you said, without that and just having Gibbs' would have made it a bad hook.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
but that shit sounded dope, and it switches up. It was a nice melody in between Gibbs' repetitive part of the chorus (floatin on this kush cloud). It works beautifully. I will agree Gibbs is bad at writing choruses overall though.

But KRIT? No comparison, this dude is worse at writing choruses than backpack rappers from the mid 00s who no one remembers anymore today. This ninja...ayo, lemme write a KRIT song for you

I LOVE MY CAR AND IT LOVE ME
HOP IN MY LAP AND ROLL DIS TREE

In these streets ridin slow, shit's just what I do
You on the sidelines hatin on me, hey who are you?
You ain't hittin the hoes you ain't lightin this dro
I'm livin in slo mo eatin a ho ho
Jokes on you

quit hating

I be slammin these doors all day erry day

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
but that shit sounded dope, and it switches up. It was a nice melody in between Gibbs' repetitive part of the chorus (floatin on this kush cloud). It works beautifully. I will agree Gibbs is bad at writing choruses overall though.

But KRIT? No comparison, this dude is worse at writing choruses than backpack rappers from the mid 00s who no one remembers anymore today. This ninja...ayo, lemme write a KRIT song for you

In these streets ridin slow, shit's just what I do
You on the sidelines hatin on me, hey who are you?
You ain't hittin the hoes you ain't lightin this dro
I'm livin in slo mo eatin a ho ho
Jokes on you

Ayo the bootleg big ghost is annoying

Hootie

Mo' murda, mo' murda.

in the Tahoe with my burner

44h2j.gif

CRS

Let the road be my guide, as I glide in candy caaa-ars.

Underneath the moon and the staaa-ars.

Just Touched Down is his best banger.

Something is his best introspective track.

HiResDes

Yo just finished a relisten of Wuz Here, and I think it's might be a top ten record of the last decade!...Seriously!...I'm a slightly drunk though

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Return of 4eva > Krit wuz here

But both are miles better than MBDTFBBKINGACURARDX

It's like comparing two perfectly cooked steaks with a plate of the human feces whoopi fiasco rubs into his hair to make those white boy hippie dreads.

Tokubetsu

Yo just finished a relisten of Wuz Here, and I think it's might be a top ten record of the last decade!...Seriously!...I'm a slightly drunk though

I'm tired, the left side of my neck hurts and my back. Wuz Here is "okay."

got sick of fucking with samples,
my attempt @ a 2012 'radio' beat : https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2407399/tbeat.mp3

garbo?

I thought you didn't sample normally?

I really want to work right now but I feel like shit.

cacophony

If this was on the radio, I'd be listening all day. Holy shit, man.

Seriously. Inspiring to get into making beats. What do you use?

Did you not use a sample at all?

thanks!
I use Reason 5 and I usually always sample but i'm kind of breaking away from that & trying new things

I thought you didn't sample normally?

nah everything I do usually has a sample but I really fuck with them a ton, the beat on riff's album I don't think they are going to have to clear the sample cause its unrecognizable

Tokubetsu

thanks!
I use Reason 5 and I usually always sample but i'm kind of breaking away from that & trying new things

nah everything I do usually has a sample but I really fuck with them a ton, the beat on riff's album I don't think they are going to have to clear the sample cause its unrecognizable

I know the feel. It's alot easier to have a solid base to start with. Even something simple/unrecognizable like waves crashing or some shit. I'm trying to break away too, but right now that amounts to "layer the fuck out of my synths"

Krit's choruses hold him back as an artist and producer. He's a great beat maker but isn't that great at creating songs. Sure he has many bangers but to reach the next level he needs a big song...I dunno if he is capable of that. The Vent is probably his best song but its not single material

It's frustrating that out of most of these newish rap cars, Drake is the best at song writing. He's like Jay Z in the sense of beat selection, relationships with producers, and ability to construct songs that work. Kendrick is probably second on that list. I am not saying Drake is the best rapper or is making the best music, far from it. Just that he knows how to put together his shit very well. Listen to Thank Me Later and then Sideline Story. It's night and day on every level except lyrics, where Cole gets the nod (but not by much given them corny lines)

Swimming Pool excites me because it's a dope as song that doesn't dumb itself down for radio. Great beat, great verses, catchy hook. These cats need more shit like that if they don't want to end up like Slaughterhouse: bitter and irrelevant

Blackace

Krit's choruses hold him back as an artist and producer. He's a great beat maker but isn't that great at creating songs. Sure he has many bangers but to reach the next level he needs a big song...I dunno if he is capable of that. The Vent is probably his best song but its not single material

It's frustrating that out of most of these newish rap cars, Drake is the best at song writing. He's like Jay Z in the sense of beat selection, relationships with producers, and ability to construct songs that work. Kendrick is probably second on that list. I am not saying Drake is the best rapper or is making the best music, far from it. Just that he knows how to put together his shit very well. Listen to Thank Me Later and then Sideline Story. It's night and day on every level except lyrics, where Cole gets the nod (but not by much given them corny lines)

Swimming Pool excites me because it's a dope as song that doesn't dumb itself down for radio. Great beat, great verses, catchy hook. These cats need more shit like that if they don't want to end up like Slaughterhouse: bitter and irrelevant
Wut? lol

Not saying that Drake doesn't make catchy songs but really?

IrishNinja

PD's crazy, but i do think he's onto something: 40 does some good work by Drake, and his singing shit means hooks (usually the weakness of hip-hop artists) aren't as big a concern.

i dont know about Kendrick though. i liked section 80 like most of y'all but things posted since were hit or miss...though the recipe was a highlight for me

iavi

The recipe, cartoons and cereal, swimming pools, all bangers. The art of peer pressure is wack. Not lyrically, but lyrically. The delivery is there, the story is there, but the story sucks.

Production doesn't help it.

3/4. I'm still hyped for the tape

Blackace

PD's crazy, but i do think he's onto something: 40 does some good work by Drake, and his singing shit means hooks (usually the weakness of hip-hop artists) aren't as big a concern.

i dont know about Kendrick though. i liked section 80 like most of y'all but things posted since were hit or miss...though the recipe was a highlight for me

Drake is basically T-Pain Alpha... Every few years a hook master comes along and storms the game. Akon, Pain, to a degree 50 and Ja Rule.. Drake can hold a song better than Pain but its comparable..

Looked like... A black guy with dreads.. Could have been him
Er, that was most definitely him. The kind of dreads he has gives it away. You can't really say you see many light skin people with just 2 big ass dreads.

That LAbackpack mix was nice too, can't remember if I said it or not, but yeah it was good especially since I'm not really that familiar with the people in it besides xzibit

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Was bored and decided to throw something short and quick together to shake off the rust while I try to finish a full song. Always really liked this beat but never got to producing a chorus section for it so it sat in my reason folder as a 50 second beat for a long time. Figured I'd just throw one verse on there and call it a day. Youtube link below

Siddx - Well Good

Was bored and decided to throw something short and quick together to shake off the rust while I try to finish a full song. Always really liked this beat but never got to producing a chorus section for it so it sat in my reason folder as a 50 second beat for a long time. Figured I'd just throw one verse on there and call it a day. Youtube link below

Siddx - Well Good

This shits nice.

Dude was punching him in the lower back as he was stumbling around. Rappers have no idea how to throw hands.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Dude's right about Drake.

I'm always going off on rappers for not being able to make good songs even though they have whatever lyrical cred but people don't want to hear that. There's a lot more to making a good song than just being a good rapper.

I don't know about KRIT though. I felt like Hometown Hero was his strongest chance and he didn't take it far enough. Then he finally breaks out, and in conjunction with his singles, he's marketed as a forgettable rapper from the South.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom