• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
20120805-JOHNANTHONY.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?s5r3o9dl30nbbu2

Hahah took about eight listens but that's definitely a lord infamous/three 6 mafia sample in there:
http://youtu.be/lZgJIz_x2oE

Thats the thing with these Raider Klan dudes, I fuck with it but once you actually spend a lot of time with 90s memphis shit you realize just how hard they jack shit. Like they can get this sound without jacking the actual source, but they do it anyway. Often.

yup, that's why i'm worried about the appeal of Raider Klan, they sample a lot of 90s memphis, but can they make their own dark beats without sampling those rap songs and sample other shit instead?

//B1G

Banned
I'm the biggest Memphis fan there is but I don't mind. 3/4 of all Paul/Juicy's beats are sampled from dudes that came before them anyway.
SGP can make good beats, most the other guys I don't really pay attention to as far as production goes.

I'm the biggest Memphis fan there is but I don't mind. 3/4 of all Paul/Juicy's beats are sampled from dudes that came before them anyway.
SGP can make good beats, most the other guys I don't really pay attention to as far as production goes.

Kind of missing the point, but here is the difference.

Paul/Juicy - Takes samples and flip them to the point where you don't recognize the original

Raider Klan - Take 90s Memphis stuff and barely change around the beats and are recognizable.

It's cool they are aiming for the old stuff, but i'd like for them to have original production and not use 90s memphis beats as samples and try to flip other songs into dark shit. I think it's really half ass personally to just take these dark beats that are practically already made and rap over them and barely change them around. I want to hear what they can do over the boards. Not to mention personally, I hate when samples are so noticeable in songs.

//B1G

Banned
Well Paul/juicy sampled vocals more than anything and anyone who knows the shit knows the exact track it came from, but I get your point. I think right now though the Raider dudes probably just doing that to cement their 'image' and I'm sure pretty soon after they gain a little more recognition and want their own style they'll start straying from what they're doing now.
At least ugly mane can emulate the style without blatantly ripping shit from them.

yeah ugly mane gets pass from me I like him a lot, well really all of them get a pass for now. I was mainly speaking in the future if they continue to do this I could see them running out and such. I mean there's so many members of that group haha.

Tokubetsu

yeah ugly mane gets pass from me I like him a lot, well really all of them get a pass for now. I was mainly speaking in the future if they continue to do this I could see them running out and such. I mean there's so many members of that group haha.

All said and done the track CRS is nice though. Been jamming to it all day. That bass is perfect for rolling something up to.

http://soundcloud.com/ethelwulfraiderklan/ethelwulf-x-chris-travis-black

Shit fills my fucking room. You can swim in it.

I actually heard that last night and I remember you saying that bass, had no clue you meant that song, so my volume was on full blast, my ears were blown away. I was on the verge of falling asleep but once I listened to that song it made me stay up for another two hours.

//B1G

Banned
Just got it to play (on a phone) and the beat is nice but the lyrics are sooo weak. They need to step their shit up, I can freestyle better than that no lie

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
1) Dre
2) Mannie Fresh
3) West
4) Drumma Boy
5) Quik
6) Premier
7) Just Blaze
8) Swizz Beatz
9) David Banner
10) DJ Toomp (super underrated)
11) Warren G

bonus love Mike Will, Justice League, Timbo, Will.i.am, Lex Luger

DJ Toomp was down with 2 Live Crew and still making hits? Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom