• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

welcome to the team, my brother. I'm proud you are finally able to see now.

I still dont think its his best. Itll just be remembered by the masses as his best.

Its just a really interesting album and i always notice new things each time i listen to it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I still dont think its his best. Itll just be remembered by the masses as his best.

Its just a really interesting album and i always notice new things each time i listen to it.

the masses killed it.. so that statement makes no sense to me

You remember that moment in Don't Be a Menace to South Central where toothpick was going on about take me to jail and throw away the keys? Well, you were my homie till you talked about not being afraid to take a man's ass in jail.

the masses killed it.. so that statement makes no sense to me

I honestly will laugh if let's say 10 years from now, people start to look back at it and call it a classic man.

IrishNinja

1.Last two wu albums sucked. So applying the Lupe principle, we shall not desire another one no matter how good the first couple were.

i choose "lacking". as a big wu stan, they sit on a lower shelf with iron flag - they'll get rotation, but not the whole way through, admittedly.

2. That was pure sarcasm/joke/troll. Although, I liked Ghostdini well enough.

for real though, some people did, i just...i can take ghost swooning over wet pussy for half the album, not the whole thing. im glad he got it outta his system so he could give us Apollo Kids though, that was what i wanted.

i dont know dick about your mumei beef to be honest, kind've a moot point with you down again i guess. don't be a stranger.

Sure, I hear him and Dre are collaborating. Jay Electronica is gonna drop a few features and Andre 3K is gonna play guitar on every track too.

see, i like to think this level of meta-trolling is what did you in tho, haha

Blackace

I honestly will laugh if let's say 10 years from now, people start to look back at it and call it a classic man.

happened to HP Lovecraft

You know you love us, 'ace.

[insert cheeky gif here]

yes, never

it would be interesting and oh the glorious bannings that would happen

Blackace

...i like that ya'll are saying ye has to die before people will agree on 808s

I am thinking people will still say "WTF is this shit" even after he dies.. but it was still better the MDTFSfgsdtsg

Esch

Banned
Requiescat in pace

JgsPS.png

iGOCNnHZt2P66.gif

I really do love 808 and heartbreak though, like I don't even consider that shit a guilty pleasure. There's just so much about it I love especially production wise and getting into producing makes me appreciate the album even more.

ok, i just finished listening to XXX and wow

it was smooth the whole way through. i don't think i hated a track on it.

my ONLY complaint (and this is such a super small thing) is that it's too long. 22 tracks is a lot of music for one album for me, so i was encountering some listening fatigue towards the end.

in PopGAF (hey Recon boo
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif
) the albums we get are usually a bit shorter. i don't know how long hip-hop albums typically are, so this is probably either an unusual case, or i just need to build up some stamina.

anyway, two thumbs up!

It ends at XXX, the rest is bonus so exclude about 8 minutes. Last 3 tracks are fire though, but on a full listen they kind of ruin the cohesiveness

Probably my favourite/most listened to album of last year. My Cunninlynguists stannery won out in the AOTY thread but if I had to vote again I'd give it to Danny

IrishNinja

I am thinking people will still say "WTF is this shit" even after he dies.. but it was still better the MDTFSfgsdtsg

i searched this post, and found nothing but truth

oh damn haha, RIP Recon, we can't be having the topic starter getting ban, that just isn't hot at all...

yeah, can we get an edit to the "notable releases"? there were a few choice ones dropped on page 1 that really need to be in there.

Recon banned
808 and Heartbreak is Kanye's best album
Blamespace losing his charm he used to have
Eminem X Kendrick X Lady Gaga song
Pop gaf will fuse into Gaf-hop

Thanks for the update, although it seems Recon dropped a gem of a comment before he left lol:

Sure, I hear him and Dre are collaborating. Jay Electronica is gonna drop a few features and Andre 3K is gonna play guitar on every track too.

//B1G

Banned
Is there a thread for production discussion here? It'd be sick to have a thread to have samples, loops, post shit and give advice etc.
There's enough dudes making shit in here to keep it populated let alone all of gaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom