• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

You know it.

aqDwC.png

IrishNinja

^yeah, it just showed up a little while back on spotify...im bout halfway through it.

i like dude, he's one of the better MCs that ive heard work with Hydeout, and he's clearly trying here - and production's better than he's had on some of his other efforts - but if im gonna go through a whole album of his, i gotta be in the mood for it, cause he can get preachy/heavy here & there.

i bumped him & that dude Pase Rock from Five Deez a lot when i was traveling.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
any of your parents like hip hop?

i talked to my dad today and he swears Life Is Good is the album Jay-Z doesnt have the balls to make.

i dont really feel one way or the other, but i thought it was a funny observation.

My mother really likes hip hop. She's into backpacker stuff though lol. Although she appreciates poppy stuff for it's danceability.
My father fronts like he hates rap music but I'll catch him grooving out to some rap music once in a while and he admits he loves the beats but can't get past the lyrics a lot of the time.
He listened to e.1999 eternal more than I did though. He had that shit in his car for a year straight listening every single day.

I've mentioned it before but my mother has said on more than one occasion she thinks rap music is the most significant and powerful form of music to ever be created.

And lol at the talk about burning CD's back in the day. I was also that dude people asked to make mixes. And before that it was all on cassette tape. Goddamn that was some fucking work. Cue it up to the right spot, hit record, hit stop, switch the tape out, cue it up, hit record, do it over and over and over 50 fucking times only to realize one of the songs cut off halfway through because the tape ran out. Shit.
Same thing with DJ school dances. Spending the whole dance just cuing up the right song on cassette that everyone was requesting. Don't even get to enjoy the music because you spend the entire time with earphones on trying to get the tape at the right random Sade song you've never heard before.

Macca

My mother really likes hip hop. She's into backpacker stuff though lol. Although she appreciates poppy stuff for it's danceability.
My father fronts like he hates rap music but I'll catch him grooving out to some rap music once in a while and he admits he loves the beats but can't get past the lyrics a lot of the time.
He listened to e.1999 eternal more than I did though. He had that shit in his car for a year straight listening every single day.

I've mentioned it before but my mother has said on more than one occasion she thinks rap music is the most significant and powerful form of music to ever be created.

And lol at the talk about burning CD's back in the day. I was also that dude people asked to make mixes. And before that it was all on cassette tape. Goddamn that was some fucking work. Cue it up to the right spot, hit record, hit stop, switch the tape out, cue it up, hit record, do it over and over and over 50 fucking times only to realize one of the songs cut off halfway through because the tape ran out. Shit.
Same thing with DJ school dances. Spending the whole dance just cuing up the right song on cassette that everyone was requesting. Don't even get to enjoy the music because you spend the entire time with hearphones off trying to get the tape at the right random Sade song you've never heard before.
Look out for http://www.siddxmixes.com coming soon.

my dad always says It Was A Good Day is the greatest hip-hop song of all time, lol. Only thing else he really listens to is Fugees-related stuff, and that Distant Relatives album.

Mom doesn't really check for hip-hop unless one of those sappy "I love mama so much" songs comes out. She's all about that shit.

Oh yeah, they both dig Welcome to Jamrock as well, which is kinda hip-hop I guess...basically, the more carribean the hip-hop, the better for them (mom is Jamaican)

Slizz

my dad always says It Was A Good Day is the greatest hip-hop song of all time, lol. Only thing else he really listens to is Fugees-related stuff, and that Distant Relatives album.

Mom doesn't really check for hip-hop unless one of those sappy "I love mama so much" songs comes out. She's all about that shit.

Oh yeah, they both dig Welcome to Jamrock as well, which is kinda hip-hop I guess...basically, the more carribean the hip-hop, the better for them (mom is Jamaican)

Your dad is right. It Was A Good Day is the greatest hip-hop song. *presses play* Starting my day off right now.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
hes

YEAH BITCH YEAH BITCH CALL ME STEVE O
I've been listening to that song heavy for the past two weeks.

...I can't believe a Flocka verse has me coming back to a song over and over.

BRRRRRRRRRRRRICCCCCCCCKSSQUUUUUUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD
HERE COME THAT DUMB SHIT

Esch

Banned
I've been listening to that song heavy for the past two weeks.

...I can't believe a Flocka verse has me coming back to a song over and over.

i like the remix better (with Mystikal and Yo Gotti, lol) but im angry the Flocka verse isnt on there cause its good

UHHHH
IM SO MOTHERFUCKING ROWDY!

Macca

Man, that Kendrick performance wasn't great. Dunno what I expected but it was pretty boring.

And yea hah, that Flocka verse on Wild Boy is awesome.

Esch

Banned
hey complex do you have that gif of some girl giving wale something and he's just not having it, takes it out of her hand and throw it?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Wild boy was fun for a while but MGK is a fucking clown. I have absolutely no interest in his album.

RJT

Man, that Kendrick performance wasn't great. Dunno what I expected but it was pretty boring.

And yea hah, that Flocka verse on Wild Boy is awesome.

Swimming Pools is a studio song, period. Live it felt like watching a play of Star Wars.

I'm actually liking the new Cudi. The album seems to have a unique sound judging from the two songs we've heard.

I've accepted that Cudi is never going to make music like MotM and A Kid Named Cudi ever again. I would rather him make music that sounds like Indicud over that WZRD nonsense.

Be happy its not the One Blood remix.....

BLUH BLUH BLUH BLUH x9000

Me after the third minute:

-_____________________________________-

I loved that One Blood remix. That beat went hard, alot of people found it annoying but i loved it.

Anyone got to fuck with that new Prodigy album(Bumpy Johnson)?

Yeah. Its not as good as Product of the 80's or HNIC 2 but its worth a listen. Except for pretty thug. Shit was awful.

The version of Big Boi's "Mama Told Me" with Little Dragon is better than the Kelly Rowland album version. Too bad things couldn't be worked out in time for the album release =(

Give me Little Dragon back. Fuck a Kelly Rowland. I wonder what made Big Boi change his mind?

Little Dragon released a statement. Sounds like record label politics or something along those lines. They're on good terms with Big Boi and even said they're open to collaberating with him in the future.

overcast

F&L 2 debuted with 90,000 copies sold. Lasers sold over 200,000 first week.

Can't wait for Lasers II.
Oh shit. F&L 2 is solid actually, 7/10 album. Lupe surprised me. I think he needs better production, and the hooks aren't very good. Cold War, Strange Fruition, Around My Way, Lamborghini Angels, Put Em Up, Form Follows Function, and Cold War are all damn good. On the other hand Lasers is like a 3/10, fuck.

Anyone else still listening to Kush Cloud too often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom