• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

How many Harry Fraud fans still haven't check out Coke Boyz II? Pretty sure it's 100% musica de Harry Fraud. At least 90%. Probably, imo, Fraud's best work.

Shit is just pure audio bliss. Made me finally dig French Montana. His coke carriers are actually pretty decent as far as ____ carriers go.

siddx was right

Rain pourin', all my cars is foreign
All my broads is foreign, money tall like Jordan

has been stuck in my head for the last two days...

PBY

Banned
How many Harry Fraud fans still haven't check out Coke Boyz II? Pretty sure it's 100% musica de Harry Fraud. At least 90%. Probably, imo, Fraud's best work.

Shit is just pure audio bliss. Made me finally dig French Montana. His coke carriers are actually pretty decent as far as ____ carriers go.
This

kamspy

I think Cruel Summer will really appreciate with age.

The first 7 tracks are pure hot fiya, and they wrap it up with SOTY 2012.

Since most of us heard over half of it month+ before release (and the best tracks on top of that) I think we wrote off the greatness. But, give it a year an half. There are so many bangers here. Cruel Summer will be the album you go back to for Clique, To The World, Mercy, Theraflu, Higher, I Don't Like, NGF, etc.

CRS

jet-life-jet-world-order-2.jpg

Part 2 just announced for nov 20th!!!

Hypehypehypehype the first one was sick.
yessssssssssss

#jetlife

Since most of us heard over half of it month+ before release (and the best tracks on top of that) I think we wrote off the greatness. But, give it a year an half. There are so many bangers here. Cruel Summer will be the album you go back to for Clique, To The World, Mercy, Theraflu, Higher, I Don't Like, NGF, etc.

I agree. It won't be great but it'll gain appreciation for the reasons you laid out.

grkazan12

I agree, it's a pretty good album, but I think Cruel Winter will surpass it in terms of quality. ;)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Been saying this for a while too.

I really get the vibe it's going to just get better and better. Album is damn cohesive and every song is well crafted (except the One, which is the only average song on there).

Ephemeris

At best I could do a SOTM for the year thus far. Hard to find one that reigns supreme.

SotY: Locomotive, Terrorist Threats, Birthday Song, Hardknock, Reverie, Pyramids, The Recipe, Kush Cloud, Don't Die.

UGH.

To make it worse I got into TDE this year. I could grab at least two from Habits & Contradictions alone.

Trey

You will go back to CS for nothing. Those bangers will be easily replaced in 2013. None of them have the lyrical content or cultural relevancy to steal spotlight from the new shit next year. Dime a dozen ignorant.

Can't believe I forgot Triple Beam Dreams in my SotY list.

You will go back to CS for nothing. Those bangers will be easily replaced in 2013. None of them have the lyrical content or cultural relevancy to steal spotlight from the new shit next year. Dime a dozen ignorant.

New God Flow does. That Ghost verse is fire...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

That's the beauty of it, they're not typical bangers in any way, shape or form, outside of Cold and I Don't Like. Shit, I wouldn't even classify most as bangers.

BTW, songs with the most lyrical content or cultural relevancy aren't the only ones that stick around. Having a hot beat matters more than those two alone. Word to Still D.R.E.

That's the beauty of it, they're not typical bangers in any way, shape or form, outside of Cold and I Don't Like. Shit, I wouldn't even classify most as bangers.

BTW, songs with the most lyrical content or cultural relevancy aren't the only ones that stick around. Having a hot beat matters more than those two alone. Word to Still D.R.E.

This pretty much nails it.

Jitters

I was just saying not long how underrated it was. Glad others agree.

DominoKid

SOTY is either Bandz Remix, Pop That or NGF.

Oh shit. F&L 2 is solid actually, 7/10 album. Lupe surprised me. I think he needs better production, and the hooks aren't very good. Cold War, Strange Fruition, Around My Way, Lamborghini Angels, Put Em Up, Form Follows Function, and Cold War are all damn good. On the other hand Lasers is like a 3/10, fuck.

Anyone else still listening to Kush Cloud too often?

the beats are the best part.
it passed the car test.
still DGAF what he's rapping about, but i can tune him out.

We were smoking out last week and having the GOAT debate as usual then this came up...

Whose better Ghost or Biggie?? That other rap thread reminded me of this.

Ghost>>>Biggie.

Gotta be Starks. Who you got?

SOTY Nominations:
Pyramids - Frank Ocean
Swimming Pools - Kendrick Lamar
Terrorist Threats - Ab-Soul Danny Brown
Goldie - ASAP Rocky
Sacrilegious - ScHoolboy Q
Mercy - Kanye Wizzest
The Alarm - Big K.R.I.T
Showroom - Curren$y

.. Got bored but its been a great year for Hip Hop.

Also has anyone heard this?
20120403-10DAY.jpg

10Day by Chance The Rapper. It's pretty dope, if you can get over how annoying his voice is, then you'll be fine.

Here's some samples:

Fuck You Tahm Bout
Brain Cells

HiiiLife

OH LET ME GET THAT JET WORLD ORDER 2 DOE!!!!!!!!!

So much determination doe...........

Edit: SOTY is something off Stoned Immaculate. I need to find the most played one. I believe it's Showroom but I'm not sure.

Cudder

Cover is whatever but who cares, album will be amazing

dont u get it doe?

when u b lookin at his eyes it b exactly like lookin down the barrel of a gun nah mean? cuz when u trigger him he be like blastin on u like a pistol nahmean? but wit his lyrics

PBY

Banned
Man... I don't know whats happened to my taste in music/hip hop. I just listened to Skyzoo's album... and I was so bored, it took a lot not to fast forward/skip around. 2 years ago I ate up all these conscious/"dollar and a dream" backpacky tapes/albums, but now the production- while not bad (in fact its pretty great)- just is kinda ehh to me. Nothing stands out, nothing is exciting. No highs or lows. Which is crazy because I fucking loved his debut, but I just can't do it anymore. Its nice music, and the lyrics are very good, but its hard for me to sit through it in one sitting and none of the tracks are memorable to me at all.

Man... I don't know whats happened to my taste in music/hip hop. I just listened to Skyzoo's album... and I was so bored, it took a lot not to fast forward/skip around. 2 years ago I ate up all these conscious/"dollar and a dream" backpacky tapes/albums, but now the production- while not bad (in fact its pretty great)- just is kinda ehh to me. Nothing stands out, nothing is exciting. No highs or lows. Which is crazy because I fucking loved his debut, but I just can't do it anymore. Its nice music, and the lyrics are very good, but its hard for me to sit through it in one sitting and none of the tracks are memorable to me at all.

I just downloaded it. Now even your shitting on it?? Well god damn...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom