• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jim Jones ft. Game - Cops & Rappers. Weird amalgamation of a beat.

Game went in hard though.

EDIT: Saigon ft. G Martin - Relafriendship. Not feeling it, that last track I posted earlier was dope though.

EDIT2:

The-Black-Bar-Mitzvah-450x450.jpg

Oct 8. 2PM.

He doing it for his dawgs!!

DominoKid

hype decreased on the Ross mixtape

Rick Ross wants to shake up the fourth quarter as he announces The Black Bar Mitzvah. As his current God Forgives, I Don’t album reaches certified gold status, the MMG general is planning to give his fans a new mixtape on Monday, October 8th at 2 p.m. EST via DatPiff.com. The mixtape will consist of remixes and freestyles over current radio hits and past hip-hop classics. For now enjoy the official artwork above, and remember to catch MMG on tour this fall with Machine Gun Kelly beginning November 2nd.

T Dollarz

I keep going back and forth between Control System and RAP Music. Those are my top two by far.

HnC is probably in the top 5 too and lately I'm thinking Give Me My Flowers as well.

cacophony

he should go over Birthday Song

All I want for my Birthday is pancakes and french toast
When I die, bury me inside the grocery store

DominoKid

im lightweight salty that MGK's album is coming out before French Montana
i guess that white rapper cash-in is too good to pass up.

Damn yall didn't know that? That is partially why I love that song so much

Edit: If there's one thing I actually respect Drake about it's that he knows his southern shit.

The M.O.B

Who wants to hear popular rappers go over the latest played out hip hop beat on the radio? I can never get into these type of mixtapes. At the very least find some obscure song to remix or something.

Nabs

Damn yall didn't know that? That is partially why I love that song so much

Edit: If there's one thing I actually respect Drake about it's that he knows his southern shit.

Swangin' and Bangin' (93/95) are songs I'll never get over.

RJT

Also last few mixes

How they treating people?

Love the LA Backpack and the Method Man mixes. Still can't get into ig'nant shit (other than a few songs), but that's not your fault :)

Have you decided on doing some more underground shit? I'd love an Apathy/Army of the Pharaohs mix...

I wonder.

Wikipedia is independant afaik and funded by donations, who knows how Rap Genius will develop after this huge investment. Obnoxious ads will be the first step of many I fear.

I love what they do in theory but I wish it had features that allow to do more than just explaining references before expanding to other stuff. For a site claiming to look at rap as poetry it's sorely lacking on the technical side. There's no way to mark stressed/unstressed syllables or add the metre for example.

We'll see.

RJT

I wonder.

Wikipedia is independant afaik and funded by donations, who knows how Rap Genius will develop after this huge investment. Obnoxious ads will be the first step of many I fear.

Obnoxious ads, if anything, will disappear. Andreesen Horowitz is not interested in a niche site with an ad model, they're interested in applying the same annotation model RapGenius uses on all internet content. Obnoxious ads won't help the site grow and the 15 million they're getting will allow them to grow without them.

I wonder.

I love what they do in theory but I wish it had features that allow to do more than just explaining references before expanding to other stuff. For a site claiming to look at rap as poetry it's sorely lacking on the technical side. There's no way to mark stressed/unstressed syllables or add the metre for example.

I completely agree on this one. They're expanding content-wise and not feature-wise. I'd love if they added metre / rhyming patterns...
Ben Horowitz is a huge rap fan (he starts all his blog post with a rap quote), so there is still hope.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
No love for the Outkast mix?

It's definitely up there. I just really love Swizzy beats and you just can't beat Death Row when they had their shit together. Those 4 plus the DreDay one are the 5 I rotate through. Swizzy is my driving home on Friday after work mix...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom