• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I just downloaded it. Now even your shitting on it?? Well god damn...

No, don't get me wrong. I don't want to come across as shitting on it, since I said- the lyrics are pretty good, and in fact most of the beats are great. Its just that this specific style of hip hop just isn't doing it for me right now.

Esch

Banned
this Jet Life posse cut is gonna be the same as the last, ill save a couple tracks and throw the rest in the
trash.png

No, don't get me wrong. I don't want to come across as shitting on it, since I said- the lyrics are pretty good, and in fact most of the beats are great. Its just that this specific style of hip hop just isn't doing it for me right now.

Just seems like you woulda ate it up really. But if your moving on then your moving on.

DominoKid

Man... I don't know whats happened to my taste in music/hip hop. I just listened to Skyzoo's album... and I was so bored, it took a lot not to fast forward/skip around. 2 years ago I ate up all these conscious/"dollar and a dream" backpacky tapes/albums, but now the production- while not bad (in fact its pretty great)- just is kinda ehh to me. Nothing stands out, nothing is exciting. No highs or lows. Which is crazy because I fucking loved his debut, but I just can't do it anymore. Its nice music, and the lyrics are very good, but its hard for me to sit through it in one sitting and none of the tracks are memorable to me at all.

what happened?
you leveled up.

Tokubetsu

I've been telling you guys for so long man. I've bought two skyzoo albums and I've regretted them both. Even if the production is nice (the illmind tape), skyzoo is just a boring ass rapper. Listening to Skyzoo is like watching paint dry, the dullest color ever too. A dozen shades of beige.

Torae doesn't bother me though. He's Skyzoo if Skyzoo even had a little bit of energy.

Esch

Banned
I've been telling you guys for so long man. I've bought two skyzoo albums and I've regretted them both. Even if the production is nice (the illmind tape), skyzoo is just a boring ass rapper. Listening to Skyzoo is like watching paint dry, the dullest color ever too. A dozen shades of beige.

Torae doesn't bother me though. He's Skyzoo if Skyzoo even had a little bit of energy.

I keep trying to like him and it doesnt work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk I didn't even listen to either.

I saw Lil Chuckee and I know what I was getting into. That kid is signed to Young Money, believe it or not.

Kwixotik

Maybe I'm nitpicking, but the hook for Terrorist Threats keep it from being a SOTY contender for me. I like both Ab-Soul and Danny Brown and they both have great verses, but

Wish I could see out Haile Selassie' eye
Maybe my sovereignty would still be mine
If all the gangs in the world unified
We’d stand a chance against the military tonight
I said we’d stand a chance against the military tonight
I said we’d stand a chance against the military tonight

makes me cringe.

Macca

It looks like its going to be between Terrorist Threats and Hip Hop. Shit will be a lot closer than last year haha.

SOTY:
Schoolboy Q - Sacrilegious
GOOD MUSIC - Don't Like (remix)
Danny Brown - Molly Ringwald
Curren$y - Leaving the Docks
Riff Raff - Lil Mama I'm Sorry
Kendrick Lamar ft. Gunplay - Cartoons and Cereal

will be deciding between these songs so far.

Oh and funniest thing about "Hip Hop" is Khaled's "this shit special" at bookending the song.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom