• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

HiiiLife

Decided to listen to Speakerboxxx again. It's been a few years.

Man I've had Unhappy on repeat for a hot minute.

Good vibing song. Lol.

RJT

That Joey Bada$$ tape is some good stuck in the nineties shit... The dollar signs turned me off, and I think that was the reason I didn't hear it when it dropped. Thanks again, GAF-HOP!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This is.. weird.

Rap Genius getting the same amount of cash injection as Twitch.tv. I hope they keep the sites separate though.

What I'd like to see on Rap Genius is some page that explains the insane amount of slang. Kinda like Urban Dictionary but more rap-focused. Could link back to songs too. I say this because I find it interesting how some slang dies out and reappears later in a different generation of rap.

Macca

After I get The Cool signed I'll hit him with that.
Or yet, where is his homie Chief Keef at?

Oh shit. This would be priceless. Must resist urge.
If you got that shit, the picture would totally be the first thing in the OT. It aint even my thread, but it'll happen.

Detox

Hey guys, I mainly listen to old school 90's hiphop and I was wondering if anyone could recommend some recent releases.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
Yo there is some fire on Dizzy D's latest project Moonshine & Kool-Aid. It's not a free download but you can stream it at the link below.

Dizzy D - Moonshine & Kool-Aid

oZfSF.jpg

One freebie I been waiting on for a while finally dropped today though and that's Deniro Farrar and Shady Blaze's Kill Or Be Killed.

Deniro Farrar & Shady Blaze - Kill Or Be Killed

HiResDes

Retail list up, as well as updates to the first list...I was really tired last night and forgot some things.

Edit: Deniro, Deniro, YES!

Missed this before...

Obnoxious ads, if anything, will disappear. Andreesen Horowitz is not interested in a niche site with an ad model, they're interested in applying the same annotation model RapGenius uses on all internet content. Obnoxious ads won't help the site grow and the 15 million they're getting will allow them to grow without them.

I completely agree on this one. They're expanding content-wise and not feature-wise. I'd love if they added metre / rhyming patterns...
Ben Horowitz is a huge rap fan (he starts all his blog post with a rap quote), so there is still hope.

Ah okay, I had no idea. (couldn't read the whole article since I was on the train)

It could take off, who knows. Especially for literature this could be a very good thing, making it more accessible. They need the publishers to play ball though. We'll see.

Can anyone recommend me something like ASAP but with lyrics that are not borderline sociopathic and have some effort and imagination put into them?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Yeah, seriously. How do you NOT like him? Dude is Kid Cudi during the 80s.
The thing I like about cudi is that he paces himself. He knows how to ride a beat....or used to after motm 2 hes been going down hill. London just seems rough and slured in comparison.

Also
Cudi tape > motm1 > motm2

Macca

The thing I like about cudi is that he paces himself. He knows how to ride a beat....or used to after motm 2 hes been going down hill. London just seems rough and slured in comparison.

Also
Cudi tape > motm1 > motm2
fuuuuck no. Motm1 > Rest of the GOOD catalogue combined. Shits that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom