• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
In other news- I've always liked Danny brown but XXX just never clicked w me, until today. Was kinda in a don't give a fuck mood, threw it on, and it blew me away. Amazing album.

Macca

In other news- I've always liked Danny brown but XXX just never clicked w me, until today. Was kinda in a don't give a fuck mood, threw it on, and it blew me away. Amazing album.
Yea, I've been playing it a lot recently, it's fantastic.

In other news, I had no idea Country Grammar by Nelly had sold 9.5 million copies in the US. Goddamn.

DOMnn.gif

One of the tracks of the year has to be Molly Ringwald by Danny Brown. He makes that beat his bitch. Nothing will top Lil Mama I'm Sorry though.

Detox

French own his own publishing and Diddy probably making more money off his ass from the Ciroc bombs then he will ever from record sales.

Oh shit hes signed to Bad Boy?? Poor guy.

If Dre dropped that fucking planets album and called it Detox it would go Double Platinum.

Irrelevant or not to the hip hop heads, the guys name carries weight.

Shit nowadays id say he would sell more. Those headphones got his name out to people alot further than hip hop ever would.

Shit nowadays id say he would sell more. Those headphones got his name out to people alot further than hip hop ever would.

lol hell no. His name may be more bigger I guess but with the state of the music industry today there is absolutely no way Detox would sell more than 2001

Also I Need a Doctor and Kush are no Still Dre

lol smh this dude thought he said "blu" when he said "glue"

Johnson Barnes ‏@HerFavColor
@ScHoolBoyQ on "gangsta in designer" sticking to the script like mufucking blue, we just crippin right cut?

DatDude ‏@whosayiaintstl
@HerFavColor @schoolboyq I think he said glue

Johnson Barnes ‏@HerFavColor
@whosayiaintstl @ScHoolBoyQ who the fuck is Glue?

DatDude ‏@whosayiaintstl
@HerFavColor glue is sticky, so he said "sticking to the script like muhfucking GLUE"​

I mean really???? LOL

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If Dre gave a shit he could easily have the biggest selling rap album in years. And not just because of his history. All he would have to do is amp up the marketing and promotion, something he's learned how to do with beats. Hell I could see a " buy a pair of beats get a free copy of detox" promo and shit like that.
If dre wanted it, he'd have a huge seller. But dre doesn't need your fucking approval. He's dre. He's one of the main reasons hip hop is where it is today. And don't you ignorant motherfuckers forget that.

And 50 might have lost the plot years ago (right around the ross beef actually, I think not being able to end ross's career shook 50 up) but he's still got more great music in one album than french montana will have in his entire shitty career.

If Dre gave a shit he could easily have the biggest selling rap album in years. And not just because of his history. All he would have to do is amp up the marketing and promotion, something he's learned how to do with beats. Hell I could see a " buy a pair of beats get a free copy of detox" promo and shit like that.
If dre wanted it, he'd have a huge seller. But dre doesn't need your fucking approval. He's dre. He's one of the main reasons hip hop is where it is today. And don't you ignorant motherfuckers forget that.

And 50 might have lost the plot years ago (right around the ross beef actually, I think not being able to end ross's career shook 50 up) but he's still got more great music in one album than french montana will have in his entire shitty career.

This fucking post...

seinfeld.gif

HiResDes

if only his last album wasn't 12 years old.

ive still yet to listen to this album.

WTF is this? It's a modern-day classic in my eyes

damn
ScHoolboy Q ‏@ScHoolBoyQ
I would Neva take tHe new cHarles Hamilton of Hip-Hop serious. NiggaH lost His mind actin like He wanna get down lol- PUFFY
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

I wonder how Danny feels about this?

Edit: DAT NEW WU IS HOT...Their weed carriers can rap better than most labels stars and leaders.
Edit 2: Blu I love you homie, but why you stay losing, get that ear fixed...No wonder your shit is never mastered right.

mooooose

That Wu-Tang song is REALLY good. Holy shit. What the fuck. U-God came through. Cappa came through. Holy fuck. Everyone sounds mad different and old though.

Detox

Listened to the West Coast cypher then moved onto Ace's Quik mix and it got me thinking. Quik, Snoop, Kurupt, Daz, Warren G, DOC are all close friends and they have worked multiple times with Dre to produce classics. Why don't they just completely bypass Dre and just make their own album? I just want another old school west coast classic.

overcast

When I saw Belispeak 2 on my Facebook I thought it was a joke. Need to check it out later.

I don't understand the Twitter beef between Q and Blu. Twitter is so difficult to follow, goddamn.

Macca

Listened to the West Coast cypher then moved onto Ace's Quik mix and it got me thinking. Quik, Snoop, Kurupt, Daz, Warren G, DOC are all close friends and they have worked multiple times with Dre to produce classics. Why don't they just completely bypass Dre and just make their own album? I just want another old school west coast classic.
At least DOC is making another album.

Its coming after Detox

Kwixotik

When I saw Belispeak 2 on my Facebook I thought it was a joke. Need to check it out later.

I don't understand the Twitter beef between Q and Blu. Twitter is so difficult to follow, goddamn.

Blu: Hey, did you diss me on your second album?
Q: What did I say?
Blu: What do you mean "what did I say?" Did you diss me or what?
Q: First off I'm not explaining shit, 2nd you not eatin, 3rd you not eatin, etc
Blu: ima c u niga

Is it we hate Dre day today or something??

Too many egos for that to work. Ninja blow up, then its difficult for groups to work together.

DominoKid

lord this 24th Hour beat on the Main Attrakionz album....thank you based Fraud.

damn
ScHoolboy Q ‏@ScHoolBoyQ
I would Neva take tHe new cHarles Hamilton of Hip-Hop serious. NiggaH lost His mind actin like He wanna get down lol- PUFFY
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite

damn Q dont do em like that.

overcast

Blu: Hey, did you diss me on your second album?
Q: What did I say?
Blu: What do you mean "what did I say?" Did you diss me or what?
Q: First off I'm not explaining shit, 2nd you not eatin, 3rd you not eatin, etc
Blu: ima c u niga
Lol. Okay, so I kind of understand. That Charles Hamilton line was harsh, damn.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
New Charles Hamilton of rap.

Heh.

On another note, half of Cruel Summer is my AOTY, I think. Been listening to it over the past few days, pretty enjoyable. Kanye on this feels like Klassic Kanye.

Detox

Lol. Okay, so I kind of understand. That Charles Hamilton line was harsh, damn.
He missed the part where Blu misheard the word glue in Q's song as Blu
At least DOC is making another album.

Its coming after Detox

Jokes aside I was excited to hear the guys DOC was going to put on when he split momentarily from Dre after I Need a doctor. He said something like he found a 13yr old who spits harder than everyone in the game or something. Dre probably ate the kid.

Is it we hate Dre day today or something??

Too many egos for that to work. Ninja blow up, then its difficult for groups to work together.
Nah not hating it's just whatever motivated Dre to get in the studio now motivates him to pump himself with steriods and hit the weights.

Macca

He missed the part where Blu misheard the word glue in Q's song as Blu

Jokes aside I was excited to hear the guys DOC was going to put on when he split momentarily from Dre after I Need a doctor. He said something like he found a 13yr old who spits harder than everyone in the game or something. Dre probably ate the kid.

Nah not hating it's just whatever motivated Dre to get in the studio now motivates him to pump himself with steriods and hit the weights.
it turned out to be Astro, DOC got him on XFactor.

Him and DJ Khaled..

oh I thought we were making a list of people who got far too much credit for songs they were involved in..

carry on..

As you typed this there was a petite black man sitting on Dre's lap playing a piano loop for him, which he will then re-record, add strings from a Quincy Jones sound randomizer, then have Royce write the lyrics, put a knock off Nate Dogg imitator on the hook, release in a few months....and you'll call it the best thing ever. How does that make you feel

As you typed this there was a petite black man sitting on Dre's lap playing a piano loop for him, which he will then re-record, add strings from a Quincy Jones sound randomizer, then have Royce write the lyrics, put a knock off Nate Dogg imitator on the hook, release in a few months....and you'll call it the best thing ever. How does that make you feel

I think Dre came to your house and farted in your cereal one morning.

You be mad as hell when anyone mention Dre lol.

Hes a legend, like it or not. You dont gotta bump his music or even like him. But theres no denying what hes done for hip hop.

Great post.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nah man, gaf hop just gonna gaf hop.

Got it.

Your forgetting the other half that's dope too.

Ninjas hating for hating.

I really don't like the songs after cold and before don't like. Boring as hell.

Clique and New God Flow are definitely 2-3 in my SOTY so far. Everybody went fucking ridiculous on NGF. Clique is almost ruined by Big Sean (WTF is with that super girly Oh God shit?) but everybody else rides in and brings that track to life.

I now have an hour drive to and from work, so I get to listen to a lot more music, so I'll probably stay more current with shit.

Macca

Fuck I hate obvious PR people on twitter haha. Verified account? Yea, as a mouthpiece.

Marshall Mathers
Pre-order my friend Dr. Dre's artist @kendricklamar now on @iTunesMusic #GKMC smarturl.it/gkmc
Retweeted by Kendrick Lamar
9:11am - 10 Oct 12

PBY

Banned
Fuck I hate obvious PR people on twitter haha. Verified account? Yea, as a mouthpiece.

Marshall Mathers
Pre-order my friend Dr. Dre's artist @kendricklamar now on @iTunesMusic #GKMC smarturl.it/gkmc
Retweeted by Kendrick Lamar
9:11am - 10 Oct 12
Has em ever met Kendrick even?

Esch

Banned
word, he is definitely the reason west coast hip hop has been stagnant and shitty for arguably more than a decade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom