• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
buying talent, dropping it or letting it stagnate.

having a career built of ghostwritten, ghostrapped, and ghostproduced shit across the board. not letting anyone get any shine by offering them tuppence for their work

playing a creative control role but insisting on a dated ass sound

outsourcing some of his best stuff to midwestern and east coast artists instead of cultivating home talent

basically he is the dictator of the west coast, and the people who live there love it. they wait on him for cosigns. they try and imitate. they allow themselves to conform to what he thinks is poppin- and anything else in the naughties got pushed underground, or came up in the bay with the hyphy shit that managed to carve its own niche. dre sucks

I see how this plays a factor but Dre isn't the downfall of the Westcoast..

Also sick of people saying outdated sounds and blah blah blah..

I could make a mix of the 90s south to now and if you didn't listen to hip-hop that much you wouldn't be able to tell the difference and they run the game now..

I think the West will find its way back, I don't think they will have to reinvent themselves completely to do it..

Blackace

20121010-HISTORY.jpg

01 We Are Pioneers
02 Sheesh
03 Fire Fighter f. Knotch
04 Whip Out
05 Money Motivated
06 Ballin’ Is Fun f. B-Legit
07 Ride With Me
08 Do You Remember? f. Kurupt
09 Street Money
10 My Stapler
11 I Don’t Work For Nobody
12 Ask About Me f. B-Legit
13 If We Ain’t Fuckin’
14 Gang of ‘Em f. Beeda Weeda & Rankin Scroo
15 Knockin’ A Bitch
16 Pancherellos
17 Stressin’

01 This Shit Pound
02 Slide Through f. Tyga
03 Smoke That Shit
04 Let’s Have A Party f. Cousin Fik & Knotch
05 Dump Truck f. Travis Porter & Young Chu
06 Singles
07 Entrepreneur
08 Bout My Money f. Turf Talk
09 Say I f. Wiz Khalifa
10 Workin’ the Trunk
11 West Coast Shit f. Ice Cube
12 One Foot f. Sugafree
13 Check That Bitch
14 Everyday
15 Lemme See You Twerk f. Dolla Will & Decadez
16 Toasted
17 Cali f. Wifey & DJ Upgrade

Basically so pumped for both albums but just by going off the titles and features the bolder make me giddy

Blackace

E40, Cube and Short Dawg on a track.. Hyped. Same with Kurupt.

the click and DPG made music together before... good sound
Kurupt also work with 40 and B-Legit for a few tracks..

Cube made one guess shot on 40's Loyalty and Betrayal but yeah.. should be dope!

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dre isn't the downfall of anything. Stupid rappers hoping he would drag them along to fame are. You don't blame the hot girl for every dumbfuck who chases after her knowing they will never get a shot. It's the fault of the idiots chasing her when she's already got her shit settled and has no need of your little dick in her life. Just cause she gave a few handjobs to a few people you know or see around doesn't mean you should waste your life by spending every last ounce of energy and focus on getting her to mount your sorry ass. Maybe if you went out and did your own thing and made a name for yourself she'd come calling. And again, you'd be a dumbass if you dropped everything you had, just to move into her guesthouse and clean up her dog's shit in return for the hope of getting fucked.

Dre aint fucking with you. Move on.

Blackace

Dre isn't the downfall of anything. Stupid rappers hoping he would drag them along to fame are. You don't blame the hot girl for every dumbfuck who chases after her knowing they will never get a shot. It's the fault of the idiots chasing her when she's already got her shit settled and has no need of your little dick in her life. Just cause she gave a few handjobs to a few people you know or see around doesn't mean you should waste your life by spending every last ounce of energy and focus on getting her to mount your sorry ass. Maybe if you went out and did your own thing and made a name for yourself she'd come calling. And again, you'd be a dumbass if you dropped everything you had, just to move into her guesthouse and clean up her dog's shit in return for the hope of getting fucked.

Also no one stepped up and formed another record label and Cali is divided into sub-genres like the Bay and what not.. it's what it is.. but blaming Dre for the lack of a west coast presence is silly

HiiiLife

Truuu.

CRS

Have had little to no time to check out new projects.

Listening to the Harry Fraud collection while I work on labs and the range of music quality is absurd. It would be something as low as 160 kbps to something as high as 320 kbps (probably re-encoded) and it's getting kinda annoying. No more procrastination, back to work.

PBY

Banned
I've actually been ridiculously busy as of late, no impressions on any of the mixtapes that dropped recently? What the hell ya'll?

Not sure if any of these are up your alley, but the Dee 1 tape was pretty good, he got decent beats. Big Sant's tape is even better, good KRIT production on that bad boy. Chuuwee is good, but honestly I'm getting a little burned out by the dude. He needs to chill, put out less samey stuff, and really try to get quality beats/put together cohesive rhymes that are more than "IM COMING FOR THE CROWN". Outside of that, the only other thing I can recommend is something out of left field:
http://www.datpiff.com/Danny-Brown-The-Art-Of-Danny-Brown-Blends-mixtape.404715.html
Various_Artists_Dj_Critical_Hype_Refinedhype_Pre-front-large.jpg

Don't usually like blend tapes, but this one is surprisingly good/well done.
oh and one more
cover.jpg

http://www.livemixtapes.com/mixtapes/19200/bricksquad-is-the-army-better-yet-the-navy-2.html
Pretty sure there are recycled tracks on this, but it says its official- been bumping this a bunch too.

HiResDes

Love Big Sant, an Alumni album (Sant and KRIT's collab effort) would be a dream come true. Also you already know I need that Danny blend in my life. I also fuck with Dee-1 on the low.

Edit: Fuck I forgot about Russian Roulette, but I'm too lazy to edit the other post.

PBY

Banned
Love Big Sant, an Alumni album (Sant and KRIT's collab effort) would be a dream come true. Also you already know I need that Danny blend in my life. I also fuck with Dee-1 on the low.

Edit: Fuck I forgot about Russian Roulette, but I'm too lazy to edit.

Agreed on Big Sant/KRIT. And yeah, the blend tape really surprised me, you should def check it out.

HiResDes

Speaking of great songs, Red Eye and Yesterday are amazing, surprisingly K.R.I.T.'s slower songs really impressed the most this year. 4Eva N A Day has grown on me a lot.

Tokubetsu

Speaking of great songs, Red Eye and Yesterday are amazing, surprisingly K.R.I.T.'s slower songs really impressed the most this year. 4Eva N A Day has grown on me a lot.

My favorite song on there and the only one I go back to is a slower joint. "Insomnia"

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
I like Bout it, Bout it(Outside of Kirko Bangz). Also, I think I liked Dee-1 tape more than Big Sant surprisingly. Dee-1's accent tho lol. Chuuwee was nice, only really got a chance to listen to it once, but I was feeling it, I thought it was more laidback and "fun" than his previous stuff.

lakeshoredrive
You need more trap mixtapes(empire) in your life.

Am I the only one that might have both Deniro Ferrar projects in my top 10 for this year....maybe even top 5. I'm vibing to these albums so much right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom