• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Although, Dre signing so many awesome talents and dropping them so quickly definitely fucked up some great opportunities. I doubt we'll ever find out what happened between them all, but I would kill for another Busta record on Dre beats.

Hootie

J5ei0.gif

But GZA....

FMbYM.gif

lol smh this dude thought he said "blu" when he said "glue"
Johnson Barnes ‏@HerFavColor
@ScHoolBoyQ on "gangsta in designer" sticking to the script like mufucking blue, we just crippin right cut?

DatDude ‏@whosayiaintstl
@HerFavColor @schoolboyq I think he said glue

Johnson Barnes ‏@HerFavColor
@whosayiaintstl @ScHoolBoyQ who the fuck is Glue?

DatDude ‏@whosayiaintstl
@HerFavColor glue is sticky, so he said "sticking to the script like muhfucking GLUE"​
I mean really???? LOL
not a good look at all.

vhBAb.gif

GZA sounds lost...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Although, Dre signing so many awesome talents and dropping them so quickly definitely fucked up some great opportunities. I doubt we'll ever find out what happened between them all, but I would kill for another Busta record on Dre beats.
Same.

Also it's not just Dre. I think he fucked over the coast stylistically. People are still trying to emulate 90s WC sound and it's sort of discouraged when you deviate when the sound. That's why people say Black Hippy, OF, etc. don't sound WC at all. They've pidgeon-holed themselves when it comes to the sound. There is a definitive WC sound. Coming up kids try to emulate that to try and and gain respect, oh and it's also all they grew up listening to let's not forget.

Even when Dre tries to switch up his sound, motherfuckers bitch about it not sounding like Dre. He gives y'all Kush and y'all still complain. He gives us Imagine, and nobody gives a fuck.

Esch

Banned
How is he the reason the west coast aint getting shine?? Your blaming the downfall of the entire coast on Dre?? Lol your wrong on this one

buying talent, dropping it or letting it stagnate.

having a career built of ghostwritten, ghostrapped, and ghostproduced shit across the board. not letting anyone get any shine by offering them tuppence for their work

playing a creative control role but insisting on a dated ass sound

outsourcing some of his best stuff to midwestern and east coast artists instead of cultivating home talent

basically he is the dictator of the west coast, and the people who live there love it. they wait on him for cosigns. they try and imitate. they allow themselves to conform to what he thinks is poppin- and anything else in the naughties got pushed underground, or came up in the bay with the hyphy shit that managed to carve its own niche. dre sucks

Esch

Banned
in retrospect its crazy how many of Dre's rivals for supremacy on the coast either died, became irrelevant, or bodied their own careers. a culmination of his jiggaesque music philosophy, some machiavellian business practices, and some straight up luck. good for him

Same.

Also it's not just Dre. I think he fucked over the coast stylistically. People are still trying to emulate 90s WC sound and it's sort of discouraged when you deviate when the sound. That's why people say Black Hippy, OF, etc. don't sound WC at all. They've pidgeon-holed themselves when it comes to the sound. There is a definitive WC sound. Coming up kids try to emulate that to try and and gain respect, oh and it's also all they grew up listening to let's not forget.

Even when Dre tries to switch up his sound, motherfuckers bitch about it not sounding like Dre. He gives y'all Kush and y'all still complain. He gives us Imagine, and nobody gives a fuck.

Yo Imagine was dope. Got slept on though, and straight up hated on.

Same with this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Imagine is such a ridiculously good song and nobody fucks with it at all
Yo Imagine was dope. Got slept on though, and straight up hated on.

Same with this.
Yup ^. I don't understand why, it was on probably the best effort from Snoop in the past 10 years too.

---

Back in Cali ninjas blaze and stress, waiting on Detox to save the west.
Even if the shit is dope, it isn't giving you ninjas hope
Unless your signature's wrote on a check from Interscope
MOVE ON

WanderingWind

in retrospect its crazy how many of Dre's rivals for supremacy on the coast either died, became irrelevant, or bodied their own careers. a culmination of his jiggaesque music philosophy, some machiavellian business practices, and some straight up luck. good for him

It's not like he didn't warn them.

And you'll find if you do get in this industry
It's best to do business with me, than against me.

Esch

Banned
The remix of that song is the only thing slaughterhouse salt related i like, because it was actually true.

all four of them slew that shit, maybe because they had something real to say for once

Detox

Sometimes I feel people who post the ghost shit about Dre make it sound like he doesn't do shit. Let's not forget Dre came from the bottom and he established himself with a classic who was ghost producing for him on Ruthless? Another point is everyone that has worked with him calls him a genius, master etc. Quik isn't scared of Dre (has made a diss track aimed at him), Quik keeps it 100 in every interview and he always says Dre is a genius. Shit Quik said the way Dre has been producing recently would go over most
people's head because it's based on a 'new' classical sound. Rappers nowadays probably don't interest him much I bet he would prefer to release the instrumental planets album rather than detox.

Esch

Banned
i'm not saying he isnt a talented artist with some classic output and SCENE defining sound

i'm saying he's an asshole, and is the type of person who wishes to dominate a scene rather than nurture it

Nitsuj23

WTF is this? It's a modern-day classic in my eyes

I wonder how Danny feels about this?

Edit: DAT NEW WU IS HOT...Their weed carriers can rap better than most labels stars and leaders.
Edit 2: Blu I love you homie, but why you stay losing, get that ear fixed...No wonder your shit is never mastered right.

My thoughts exactly. It's funny that Danny and Blu are boys and Q literally just tweeted he'd have Danny's back in beef. Odd little rap drama triangle.

How the hell did Blu not get the glue reference when he says stick in the same bar? Hopefully they can reconcile, but I can see why Q wouldn't really want to fuck with Blu.

Blu, Q, and Danny just need to do some extra pills together and I'm sure it could all be sorted out.

Detox

Not you but I know PD bitter, Premier broke ass looking for handouts from jay, sending his beats to mediocre rappers. Meanwhile Pete Rock's beats getting butchered by Ye. He mad Dre seccured his position when he was at the top of the game.

I don't think it's Dre's fault, he built the aftermath machine but now he just isn't interested. It's as if aftermath is running just to keep up appearances. For some reason Dre's drive for perfect music has been replaced by a drive for a ripped body.

PBY

Banned
whoo.png

GZA though...he must be able to hear himself right? Since Pro Tools his delivery is been dull as fuck.

On the Blu thing...this dude still ended up asking Q for a verse and asking why he didn't respond before, lol.

Yeah... I can't even listen to GZA's lyrics because the delivery is so godawful

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
BURN video finally out AW YEAH. Also contender for song of the year.

RZA talks his 5 year plan for Wu-Tang that accompanies 5-year plan with his movie, talks potentially releasing "final chapter" of the Wu next year.

Joe Budden ft. Lil Wayne & Tank - She Don't Put It Down Like You. I fucks with this, even though it sounds like a club remix to I'm On One. Off of his next tape, A Loose Quarter. Budden trying to make the most out of Slaughterhouse's success.

Also, tracklist for Jay's Live In Brooklyn.. thing that's hitting tomorrow:

Audio
1. Empire State of Mind
2. Run This Town
3. On to the Next One
4. Give It To Me/Big Pimpin
5. 03′ Bonnie & Clyde
6. Crazy in Love (feat. Beyonce)
7. Public Service Announcement
8. Young Forever (feat. Beyonce)

Videos
9. Empire State of Mind
10. Run This Town
11. On to the Next One
12. Give It To Me/Big Pimpin
13. 03′ Bonnie & Clyde
14. Crazy in Love (feat. Beyonce)
15. Public Service Announcement
16. Young Forever (feat. Beyonce)

Lhexh

BURN video finally out AW YEAH. Also contender for song of the year.

RZA talks his 5 year plan for Wu-Tang that accompanies 5-year plan with his movie, talks potentially releasing "final chapter" of the Wu next year.

Joe Budden ft. Lil Wayne & Tank - She Don't Put It Down Like You. I fucks with this, even though it sounds like a club remix to I'm On One. Off of his next tape, A Loose Quarter. Budden trying to make the most out of Slaughterhouse's success.

Also, tracklist for Jay's Live In Brooklyn.. thing that's hitting tomorrow:

Audio
1. Empire State of Mind
2. Run This Town
3. On to the Next One
4. Give It To Me/Big Pimpin
5. 03′ Bonnie & Clyde
6. Crazy in Love (feat. Beyonce)
7. Public Service Announcement
8. Young Forever (feat. Beyonce)

Videos
9. Empire State of Mind
10. Run This Town
11. On to the Next One
12. Give It To Me/Big Pimpin
13. 03′ Bonnie & Clyde
14. Crazy in Love (feat. Beyonce)
15. Public Service Announcement
16. Young Forever (feat. Beyonce)

Way too much fucking BP3.

I wasn't able to read the tweets earlier but just LOL at Blu, I can just imagine he was high as fuck listening to Gangsta in Designer and thought he heard his name....smh lol Q's reply was funny

I see why Q been gaining weight too lol, all he be talking about is eatin

Edit: I thought that was your email at first cacophony, I was like what the hell? LOL gunplay, funny pic

Listening to this Gucci interview....dude sounds pretty smart. Giving the middle finger to labels and making money independent, and it doesn't sounds like he takes a lot of risks (music wise). If he could just stay out of prison he'd be making even more money

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Listening to this Gucci interview....dude sounds pretty smart. Giving the middle finger to labels and making money independent, and it doesn't sounds like he takes a lot of risks (music wise). If he could just stay out of prison he'd be making even more money
...you think he's a smart dude just cause he didn't sign a 360 deal and decided to keep making paper the way he's been making it forever?

Esch

Banned
ya people think he's dumb but he's really the perfect example of how you can make it big while being indie these days.

WanderingWind

...you think he's a smart dude just cause he didn't sign a 360 deal and decided to keep making paper the way he's been making it forever?

It's always the "dumb" rappers who seem to make he smarter business decisions and who sound smarter in interviews, while the "smart" rappers are the ones who fuck up everything.

AKA the Nassir Effect.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's always the "dumb" rappers who seem to make he smarter business decisions and who sound smarter in interviews, while the "smart" rappers are the ones who fuck up everything.

AKA the Nassir Effect.
Eh, I don't think it takes someone smart to say "no" when someone comes up to you asking to take percentages of your income in all domains when you already have a large fanbase.

An actual decision that takes intelligence has to be made when your buzzing but you don't have that push, and your working in a more pop-lane where some promo can potentially put you through the stratosphere if you've got that x-factor. That usually catches the overconfident ones and fucks them over for life, but it could work out if it means you end up being the next Drake or something.

AKA the Nassir Effect.

Nas fucks up everything? Really because last time i checked he recorded hip hops classic album. And just dropped a very solid album. News to me.

The Nassir effect is more about picking bad beats more so than business decisions

WanderingWind

Nas fucks up everything? Really because last time i checked he recorded hip hops classic album. And just dropped a very solid album. News to me.

The Nassir effect is more about picking bad beats more so than business decisions

There is literally no way this is news to you. This is like you popping up saying "The earth revolves around the sun? News to me! It was dark just last night!"

Nas made Illmatic, so he gets a lifelong pass, but come on. The dude loses more than the Cleveland Browns.

Eh, I don't think it takes someone smart to say "no" when someone comes up to you asking to take percentages of your income in all domains when you already have a large fanbase.

An actual decision that takes intelligence has to be made when your buzzing but you don't have that push, and your working in a more pop-lane where some promo can potentially put you through the stratosphere if you've got that x-factor. That usually catches the overconfident ones and fucks them over for life, but it could work out if it means you end up being the next Drake or something.

Yeah, but that happens all the time, though. It shows a special kind of foresight and special intelligence to keep out of the typical industry traps.

There is literally no way this is news to you. This is like you popping up saying "The earth revolves around the sun? News to me! It was dark just last night!"

Nas made Illmatic, so he gets a lifelong pass, but come on. The dude loses more than the Cleveland Browns.

He has took some infamous Ls. You coulda made the reference more effectively using Charles Hamilton.

I use to stan for Nas, i think its coming back to me lol...

PBY

Banned
20121010-HISTORY.jpg

01 We Are Pioneers
02 Sheesh
03 Fire Fighter f. Knotch
04 Whip Out
05 Money Motivated
06 Ballin’ Is Fun f. B-Legit
07 Ride With Me
08 Do You Remember? f. Kurupt
09 Street Money