• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one that might have both Deniro Ferrar projects in my top 10 for this year....maybe even top 5. I'm vibing to these albums so much right now.

Yeah, it might both be in my top 10 too. I think I'd like it more with less Shady Blaze though. I'm not into the speedrap stuff he's doing on these beats. Destiny.Altered might be better for me though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Fuck all this ballaballagarbage, Ke$ha got a new album dropping, I aint got time for your top tens and shit. I gotta live like im gonna die young.

Yeah, it might both be in my top 10 too. I think I'd like it more with less Shady Blaze though. I'm not into the speedrap stuff he's doing on these beats. Destiny.Altered might be better for me though.

I think DESTINY. altered is better as well, but I really like both. Shady Blaze's shtick doesn't bother me like some of you guys. Two great nighttime albums, in any case.

Joe Budden ft. Lil Wayne & Tank - She Don't Put It Down Like You. I fucks with this, even though it sounds like a club remix to I'm On One. Off of his next tape, A Loose Quarter. Budden trying to make the most out of Slaughterhouse's success.

I can't help but laugh at Budden still chasing for that mainstream hit. All throughout his MM2-MM3 days he was still looking for his next Pump It Up despite the tapes being totally in the other direction. All those track ended up leaking and going nowhere.

siddx

Saigon is the walgreens generic brand of rap. He embodies everything boring and unoriginal about east coast rap.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't help but laugh at Budden still chasing for that mainstream hit. All throughout his MM2-MM3 days he was still looking for his next Pump It Up despite the tapes being totally in the other direction. All those track ended up leaking and going nowhere.
It seems like he was fine with being under the radar for a while. Understandably, this is probably his best shot at getting that hit again so he's tryna sell out as quick as he can again.

This ain't the song.

Esch

Banned
How would you guys rate Wale? I need some new songs so if you guys can give some quality songs I'd appreciate it.

vagina on wax

either way at least blackace was gonna acknowledge some aspect of Dre's negative influence on the scene even if he does still like that old sound, but siddx, man, you dont address any points other than that you think people should build themselves up for the purpose of making themselves beholden to Dre and thats fucked up. Either way, Dre does pick up talent... and then fucks it up. so your point and hot girl analogy are bullshit

siddx

vagina on wax

either way at least blackace was gonna acknowledge some aspect of Dre's negative influence on the scene even if he does still like that old sound, but siddx, man, you dont address any points other than that you think people should build themselves up for the purpose of making themselves beholden to Dre and thats fucked up. Either way, Dre does pick up talent... and then fucks it up. so your point and hot girl analogy are bullshit

Thats not what I said at all. What I said is if you WANT to get dre's ear, you should be doing your own thing instead of chasing after him hoping he likes your shitty little mixtapes. Fuck dre, he's not going to help you. He doesn't care about music anymore. But its the artist's fault for wanting his attention, not dre's.
I don't have any sympathy for a bunch of clown ass rappers running around waiting for Dre to scoop in on his magic 6-4 and take them to the land of platinum and gold. Thats not dre's fault, it's the dumb fuck rapper's fault. And we have a lot of dumb fuck rappers out there. Just look at gucci being praised for doing the logical and obvious thing. The only reason for that is most rappers are so fucking stupid that when someone like gucci shows even a glimpse of rational thinking he sounds like a genius.

And I have given Dre plenty of shit for his mistreatment of artists on his label many times.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
vagina on wax

What?

I can see how him being in his position can create a bottle neck on the scene but the way people make it sound is that he has locked up every producer and made other artist not create labels which is not true nor his fault..

coupled with the fact that for some reason Bay sound and LA sound are considered two different genres while the south sound covers everything from Texas to Mem to Florida.. Puts the west coast in an odd position.

Said it before the South isn't doing any different than they were doing in the late 90s to now.. No Limit Records during their height would fit in perfectly today..

The East talked all that shit about the south now trying to bit their swag with beats and what not.. but hey that's what hot so no problems to me..

saying the west needs to change their is a falsehood.. they do need to get stronger in beat production but not lose who they are imo..

HiiiLife

vagina on wax

Lmaooooo. Hell naw. Dat rating. Haha.

Macca

Yea sure, Dre has fucked some dudes over, but really, how many was it? If the west was relying on like the 10 dudes that Dre fucked over, then they were bound to fail anyway.

I mean, some of the most high profile Aftermath "never-releasers" were Rakim and Raekwon. Were they really going to save the west? cmon.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yea sure, Dre has fucked some dudes over, but really, how many was it? If the west was relying on like the 10 dudes that Dre fucked over, then they were bound to fail anyway.

I mean, some of the most high profile Aftermath "never-releasers" were Rakim and Raekwon. Were they really going to save the west? cmon.

You don't understand EVERYONE in the west relies on Dre and only Dre even though there isn't really anything to back up this statement it's true

CRS

All nighter doing work and I'm playing these two albums when the most welcoming rain shows up with some sporadic thunder echoing throughout the mountains. Man, I love the smell of rain.

CRS

if_tour_art8.jpg
Friday, October 12 @ St. Andrews Hall in Detroit, MI

Saturday, October 13 @ Double Door in Chicago, IL

Monday, October 15 @ Beauty Ballroom in Austin, TX

Tuesday, October 16 @ Warehouse Live Studio in Houston, TX

Friday, October 19 @ House of Blues in Las Vegas, NV

Wednesday, October 24 @ House of Blues in Los Angeles, CA

And for the main event,

October 26
Orange County, CA @ The Grove of Anaheim

October 27
San Diego, CA @ 4th and B

October 28
Bakersfield, CA @ The Dome

November 16
Maui, HI @ Maui Arts & Cultural Center Events Lawn

November 17
Oahu, HI @ Kaka’Ako Waterfront Park Amphitheater

November 18
Kauai, HI @ Kilohana Plantation

November 23
Guam @ Yigo Amusement Park

November 29
Portland, OR

November 30
Yakima, WA @ Dos De Oro

December 1
Boise, ID @ Revolution’s

December 14
Phoenix, AZ @ Marquee Theater

December 15
Salt Lake City @ Saltair

!!! Need to find a way to go to one of these shows.

Man i wish there was a new Fort Minor album.

I strangely loved that album. I found out Mike Shinoda produced The Instrumental for Lupe so i checked it out.

Beats were banging on it. Styles of beyond are pretty good too so it was a real surprise hit.

Is there really no new album? I assumed they had a new one out i just hadnt checked for yet.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I strangely loved that album. I found out Mike Shinoda produced The Instrumental for Lupe so i checked it out.

Beats were banging on it. Styles of beyond are pretty good too so it was a real surprise hit.

Is there really no new album? I assumed they had a new one out i just hadnt checked for yet.

Pretty much from what Shinoda said it was a one off type deal.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Are we actually get a roc marciano album this year?

Also what happened to that action bronson x harry fraud project?