• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

So will this do 100+?

tumblr_m1gwskt4Bk1qdlfp4o1_500.gif

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
avoiding the OT...(the hyperbole is suffocating)

it's a west coast Outkast album.

But
This is like one of the biggest praise you could give lol. Unless you are comparing the hyperbole to an Outkast album? Anyway about to dive in right now.

nah its just a easy way to describe how it sounds.

jury's still out on the quality of it.

dude Outkast tier is not something you should throw around as a description of an album lightly....

kamspy

nah its just a easy way to describe how it sounds.

jury's still out on the quality of it.

Yeah he does the Andre 3000 high pitched rap-sing thing on a lot of hooks. Not full blown crazy Andre singing, but like Andre singing circa Aquemini and Stank.

Shit's pretty decent though. Not nearly as commercialized as I imagined. I don't hear any Dre influence outside of the two worse verses on the album.

Eiht steals the album, as I kinda expected. Favorite joint is still Backseat Freestyle. Mad City would be a close #2. Everything else is kinda Section.80 pt. 2 feat. second form Andre 3k. Which isn't bad. I almost wanted to hear the spectacle of a commercialized Kendrick after hearing and really digging Backseat Freestyle.

It's also like 24% JanSport tho.

kamspy

HnC and Control System are both > GKMC

no Toku, real talk. But it's not bad at all. Just not nearly as flavorful as Q or Ab.

Tokubetsu

Yeah he does the Andre 3000 high pitched rap-sing thing on a lot of hooks. Not full blown crazy Andre singing, but like Andre singing circa Aquemini and Stank.

Shit's pretty decent though. Not nearly as commercialized as I imagined. I don't hear any Dre influence outside of the two worse verses on the album.

Eiht steals the album, as I kinda expected. Favorite joint is still Backseat Freestyle. Mad City would be a close #2. Everything else is kinda Section.80 pt. 2 feat. second form Andre 3k. Which isn't bad. I almost wanted to hear the spectacle of a commercialized Kendrick after hearing and really digging Backseat Freestyle.

It's also like 24% JanSport tho.

"Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" is my favorite joint. Jay Rock killed another feature on "Money Trees" too. His next album is gonna be fire.

HnC and Control System are both > GKMC

no Toku, real talk. But it's not bad at all. Just not nearly as flavorful as Q or Ab.

Yes. The more people who say this the less insane I look.

edit: Follow Me Home was already pretty decent. I think Jay Rock has been stepping it up big time now I'm really hyped for his next.

RJT

HnC and Control System are both pretty great albums. I don't see how saying they're better is a disrespect to Kendrick. I really like Kendrick's style though, so (so far) I disagree with that assessment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom