• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
The song with Drake is good, I dont know why people hate it so much.

Thats the only time you'll see me post that sentence.

Control System is aight, but HnC I cant see as better than this, nope. Aged poorly.

Tokubetsu

Last and final thing I'm gonna say about the album...Section 80 was better. All the highs on here are produced by TDE members (sounwave, THC etc. Throwing T-Minus in this new school camp too). Tracks like "Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe" and "M.A.A.D. City" are fucking fire. Shame the rest of the album didn't have soundscapes like this. That Hit-Boy shoulda been given to someone else. Guarantee A$AP Rocky woulda done it better justice and I don't even like the dude like that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Ace Hood is a much better rapper but he will never have beats this hot.
Luckily Meek only has one verse on this, too bad it's not the last one.

Oh, and Kendrick's album is dope as fuck, still need to give a few more listens though.

Don't act like Ace Hood doesn't get great beats

His main problem is he has little range in what he can rap about

Prime example is Hustle Hard and Go N Get It on the same album

DominoKid

i love when you can tell that an artist has really dedicated themselves to the craft of making an album.

this has been one of my favorite "first listen" experiences. havent been this captivated by an album since Take Care (MBDTF before that).

Detox

i love when you can tell that an artist has really dedicated themselves to the craft of making an album.

this has been one of my favorite "first listen" experiences. havent been this captivated by an album since Take Care (MBDTF before that).

Yeah, Dre takes a lot of care with his albums and sequencing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Goddamn at this album. Really enjoying.

Don't kill my vibe.

Going to grab the vinyl of this on top of the deluxe.

Esch

Banned

yeah, whatever you say about it, the album does flow really well. I listened to it through about 3 times and not a lot of listening fatigue.

This is a problem i have with a lot of other TDE members, they have no concept of pacing an album so even if i do like a lot of their tracks as is ill stop listening like 7 in because they were too long, or not ordered well enough.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Glad I stayed largely in the dark about it.

Gonna give it a proper listen all the way through tomorrow.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
"If I don't agree with your assessment its probably wrong"

I'll wait for yall to get your opinions out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I know what Domino is talking about, and yeah it largely has to do with sequencing, which is a craft all on it's own. It's very noticeable and is indeed what separates good albums from great ones.

I definitely got the feel for that with Take Care and MBDTF so now I'm super hype. Goddamn you people making me excited. I wanted to keep my expectations realistic but damn.

DominoKid

lol

It's aiight it isn't changing the game good

Calm down

it doesnt have to be game changing (MBDTF wasnt). it should just make rappers (especially new rappers) want to do better.

there's no excuse for Cole to have made an album as bad as Sideline Story, or KRIT as bad as LFTU. GKMC just hammers that home for me.

Esch

Banned
it doesnt have to be game changing (MBDTF wasnt). it should just make rappers (especially new rappers) want to do better.

there's no excuse for Cole to have made an album as bad as Sideline Story, or KRIT as bad as LFTU.

Thats what im saying. This is gonna make the yelas, coles, krits, mgks, of the world feel flabby n sick. Straight up he just put out a better product, its not a total sellout commercially and people are still gonna buy it. some saltiness expected

Take Care was an album full of skippable tracks

I mean I'm sorry you didn't like them, but regardless it was a well crafted album and the tracks were really organized good. I didn't go from one song to the next and thinking it was out of place and should of been on another spot on the album.

Blackace

not for the old fucks, but for the new guys (like ASAP) who are bubbling on the surface of the underground I'm sure they feel a little left in the dust

Not for anybody really

It is a decent album with some great highs

And that's what it is

Lhexh

Kendrick and Drake literally rapping over Janet's vocals was the dumbest choice made so far...

Fucking J Diggs sampled this shit a thousand times better. wtf.

Blackace

I mean I'm sorry you didn't like them, but regardless it was a well crafted album and the tracks were really organized good. I didn't go from one song to the next and thinking it was out of place and should of been on another spot on the album.

You got me confused with someone else

I don't hate Drake

But a well constructed album makes you want to listen to even the so-so songs because it is put together well

Take Care was not that

Slizz

CF2. GKMC.

and then....

gucci-mane-trap-god.jpeg

In a few hours? Great 2 days of music right here.

DominoKid

my only complaint is that Black Boy Fly should be on the album proper.

Thats what im saying. This is gonna make the yelas, coles, krits, mgks, of the world feel flabby n sick. Straight up he just put out a better product, its not a total sellout commercially and people are still gonna buy it. some saltiness expected

basically. i always felt like if you do what you do, the best you can, and the people are feeling it, then the rest will take care of itself.
some of the things leading up to GKMC had me worried, but hearing it now these worries were unfounded.

Dont let peter see this...

no other rapper gets a blank check like Kanye to do what they want, so its not a criticism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom