• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
20121022-SOULTAPE2.jpg

Thanksgiving...
Oh yes, the first was so good.

PBY

Banned
I've listened to HNC like 5000 times.. And I just noticed the chick in the mask on the cover today. Mind Blown.

Esch

Banned
Meek is irrelevant, Ace Hood already crushed the buildings with the trap album of the year

ace-hood-body-bag-2.jpg

Yes, better than 2 Chainz after some deliberation

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That aint no chick, thats PD.

Lol, Meek got the same chance of going plat as K.Dot does first week.
Nah Meek got better chances, more people know who he is. Biggest thing going against Kendrick, his buzz still feels super underground.

Recon

Banned
Nah Meek got better chances, more people know who he is. Biggest thing going against Kendrick, his buzz still feels super underground.

Nah, what Im saying is they both have ZERO chances of going plat first week. I agree that Meek probably will sell more, but neither has a shot in hell at going Platinum first week.

I think Kendrick will sell more than you guys think. The word of mouth I've seen is crazy! People I know who I would never expect to buy this album already have.

I feel terrible for not contributing, but I'm waiting to pick up the vinyl in November. Sorry K Dot!

cdyhybrid

I think we should change the bet. I don't want to see cacophany die. We need to change the terms soon, otherwise he'll be dead before Christmas.

cacophony

no one's eating a CD but not because I won't do it

and i just realized there is no consequence for the non-believers when Meek does outsell Kdot. meek avatars for a month

Esch

Banned
I think we should change the bet. I don't want to see cacophany die. We need to change the terms soon, otherwise he'll be dead before Christmas.

Cacophony, just up a video of you eating the booklet of the CD instead.

While playing some of your new shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Real talk: I'm happy Kendrick delivered. It could have gone either way IMO, but I always thought Kendrick had the most potential in him even though he has one of the shakier catalogues of all the newcomers. If anyone could produce a classic, it would be him (not saying GKMC is, but I'm just saying).

GKMC is one of those albums that makes me proud to be a fan of hip-hop. I'm just scared of the numbers right now. It feels like it could be one of those moments where hip-hop fans band together on some Graduation/Curtis tip and show love to the artists that make music for the core first and foremost and are blessed enough to have that creative control. Or the album could flop because of dude's limited mainstream exposure. I really can't tell, that's why I find it hard to pin numbers on his debut.

200k is going to be my safe bet, but I can see it going as low as 130k and as high as 650k if shit gets real insane.

PBY

Banned
Real talk: I'm happy Kendrick delivered. It could have gone either way IMO, but I always thought Kendrick had the most potential in him even though he has one of the shakier catalogues of all the newcomers. If anyone could produce a classic, it would be him (not saying GKMC is, but I'm just saying).

GKMC is one of those albums that makes me proud to be a fan of hip-hop. I'm just scared of the numbers right now. It feels like it could be one of those moments where hip-hop fans band together on some Graduation/Curtis tip and show love to the artists that make music for the core first and foremost and are blessed enough to have that creative control. Or the album could flop because of dude's limited mainstream exposure. I really can't tell, that's why I find it hard to pin numbers on his debut.

200k is going to be my safe bet, but I can see it going as low as 130k and as high as 650k if shit gets real insane.
Nah man, he's not doing Kanye numbers. 200 is pretty much what id say too.

Esch

Banned
I dont see kendrick really even hitting 250k first week but it is true he has a lot of buzz strangely right now, my facebook is blowing up with shit about him. obviously subjective, but still. lots of non hip hop people tuning in. the kanye crowd

Recon

Banned
Nah man, he's not doing Kanye numbers. 200 is pretty much what id say too.

I dont see kendrick really even hitting 250k first week but it is true he has a lot of buzz strangely right now, my facebook is blowing up with shit about him. obviously subjective, but still. lots of non hip hop people tuning in. the kanye crowd

He doesnt have the history Kanye had. I think 150k on the low end, with 275k on the high.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He doesnt have the history Kanye had. I think 150k on the low end, with 275k on the high.
Kanye did big numbers out the gate too, but in a different era.

You don't need the history. Look at what Cole did. I use Cole as the barometer for Kendrick, but Cole has had a lot more mainstream exposure and more public cosigns (Jay vs. Dre).

Recon

Banned
Kanye did big numbers out the gate too, but in a different era.

You don't need the history. Look at what Cole did. I use Cole as the barometer for Kendrick, but Cole has had a lot more mainstream exposure and more public cosigns (Jay vs. Dre).

I mean, I was specifically talking about the Graduation/Curtis comment. Kanye had a history of great releases going for him. Plus with 50 talking shit about retiring if Ye outsold him, made me buy two copies.

ecurbj

GKMC is fucking dope. I can't stop listening to this. All the tracks is nice. Kendrick has a nice flow. It's different. I liked him on that interlude he did on Drake's Take Care album. I haven't listened to Section.80 yet. But I will give it a listen. Is it only an iTunes exclusive or is there a hard copy available?

I like that "Backseat Freestyle" track. The beat is hot as hell. Will play again and again. I took some NyQuil and about to be knocked out. Good album to listen to while dosing off lol

Cudder

I think Kendrick will sell more than you guys think. The word of mouth I've seen is crazy! People I know who I would never expect to buy this album already have.

I feel terrible for not contributing, but I'm waiting to pick up the vinyl in November. Sorry K Dot!
Yeah I too think he's gonna sell more than people think. Its like celebrities galore are gathering together to bring this album to the forefront of everyone's attention. More people might know Meek Mill, but ain't no one pimping his shit but him.

The hip hop community, rappers and fans alike, got Kendricks back.

Detox

GKMC is fucking dope. I can't stop listening to this. All the tracks is nice. Kendrick has a nice flow. It's different. I liked him on that interlude he did on Drake's Take Care album. I haven't listened to Section.80 yet. But I will give it a listen. Is it only an iTunes exclusive or is there a hard copy available?

I like that "Backseat Freestyle" track. The beat is hot as hell. Will play again and again. I took some NyQuil and about to be knocked out. Good album to listen to while dosing off lol

Section 80 is digital only but I think the TDE store sells a signed copy.

DominoKid

no. 300k MAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom