• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading through that complex article.

“'m.A.A.d city' has two meanings; My Angel on Angel Dust and My Angry Adolescence Divided. If you listen to the album [you’ll find out] the reason why I don’t smoke weed. Because once upon a time, you’d find stuff laced with cocaine [and angel dust]. That caused a reaction and I put that inside the song. That really happened to me. That’s the reason for the title.

So its not alcoholics anonymous...

Cudder

Reading through that complex article.

“'m.A.A.d city' has two meanings; My Angel on Angel Dust and My Angry Adolescence Divided. If you listen to the album [you’ll find out] the reason why I don’t smoke weed. Because once upon a time, you’d find stuff laced with cocaine [and angel dust]. That caused a reaction and I put that inside the song. That really happened to me. That’s the reason for the title.

So its not alcoholics anonymous...

it never was.

Macca

The marketing for GKMC has been pretty phenomenal too. Dude had no huge single, but they built his buzz so high, he's getting all these co-signs on how good the album is, people are talking about it.

They released the right tracks at the right time, and held back some. Pretty amazing.

Angel Haze - Cleaning Out My Closet

I know we're all still hyped over GKMC, but please listen to this. It surprised the shit outta me.

Yeah, I like Angel Haze and her last tape and this was cool, BUT (rant coming) one thing i really miss about rappers going over other people's beats is when they put effort into making the song into something entirely different and their own concept instead of pretty much using the same concept the other person did.

Cudder

The marketing for GKMC has been pretty phenomenal too. Dude had no huge single, but they built his buzz so high, he's getting all these co-signs on how good the album is, people are talking about it.

They released the right tracks at the right time, and held back some. Pretty amazing.

That's not marketing per se, that's just crazy word of mouth. People definitely have his back and want him to succeed. Wondering why Gaga didn't tweet about the album to her bajillion followers, though. Bitch.

LOZLINK

Some of you guys really under credited Kendrick's buzz. Even over here in Aus, he's been getting some rotation on radio stations and They don't play hip hop at all for the most bit here. Guy will easily break 200+. Deserves it too, haven't seen a debut this strong since Thug Motivation 101

Macca

That's not marketing per se, that's just crazy word of mouth. People definitely have his back and want him to succeed. Wondering why Gaga didn't tweet about the album to her bajillion followers, though. Bitch.
That's definitely marketing. :)

Acid08

Banned
20121016_pos_we_dont_even_live_here_33.jpg

POS- We Don't Even Live Here

Bout halfway through this, fucking great so far. I know there were some people in here talking about it(toku?) and we're liking it too. If you do like it, support it. Dude can use all the support possible with his kidney situation.

Some of you guys really under credited Kendrick's buzz. Even over here in Aus, he's been getting some rotation on radio stations and They don't play hip hop at all for the most bit here. Guy will easily break 200+. Deserves it too, haven't seen a debut this strong since Thug Motivation 101

I like the references to TM101 in the tape.

PBY

Banned
yeah acid, its great. haven't listened to it since i went through the stream twice, but gonna pick up the physical as soon as i can.

LOZLINK

I like the references to TM101 in the tape.

Yeah,
"Last time I checked I was the man in these streets"
and I remember another but i can't exactly remember it. This album man, haven't even had time to give MWTIF and Kill or be killed a proper listen

Beezy

Yeah, I like Angel Haze and her last tape and this was cool, BUT (rant coming) one thing i really miss about rappers going over other people's beats is when they put effort into making the song into something entirely different and their own concept instead of pretty much using the same concept the other person did.

Agreed, but still. She absolutely killed that.

Lhexh

From Pac to Kendrick to biggie to Kanye...

The best rap artists are almost always Gemini.

Shout outs to all the gemini's.

Esch

Banned
salute to that Gremlin guy hipstertrolling the Kendrick thread

if theres one thing i cant tolerate, its an inflated def jux/rhymesayers fan that doesnt know his place

Punch: “[It didn’t make the album because of] basic sample issues. It’s simple as that. If we were to try and re-do the sample, it would take away the original feeling of it. We didn’t want to risk it. That’s just one of those records. That’s one of those b-sides that’s going to be around and ain’t really attached to nothing. If it wasn't for [the sample issue], it would've been on there.”

On why Cartoons and Cereal ain't on the album.

I still don't like Setbacks as much yall do. It's just boring to me, about 90% of the beats go the same slow ass tempo so it puts me to sleep. Just barely any variety. His flow is on point but it always is.

PBY

Banned
I still don't like Setbacks as much yall do. It's just boring to me, about 90% of the beats go the same slow ass tempo so it puts me to sleep. Just barely any variety. His flow is on point but it always is.

druggies with hoes doe

Esch

Banned

shit blows. monotonous, vanilla production, like 2 standout songs. most overrated TDE joint, even Longterm Mentality and Follow me Home were better

Hating on Setbacks now? Aww man, you guys. YOU GUIZE. Setbacks is like the 50 Cent record 50's been struggling to make since Get Rich. Good album. HnC is way better, but still.

I dunno. Figg Get Da Money is more Nas-ish.

What's the Word goes hard though, reminds me of some G-G-G-G Unit.

Esch

Banned
thats why he sucks. fif is dickcheese on wax. the only thing he was ever good for was getting white girls to grind on when I was in 8th grade. apart from that his mumbly basic ass is coffee table coaster status. I wouldnt even feed cacophony one of his shitty ass cd's.

thats why he sucks. fif is dickcheese on wax. the only thing he was ever good for was getting white girls to grind on when I was in 8th grade. apart from that his mumbly basic ass is coffee table coaster status. I wouldnt even feed cacophony one of his shitty ass cd's.

GRODT is one of the best rap albums last decade. And the GRODT soundtrack is aiight too.

If 50 cent released it, I'd have more harsh criticism towards it. I'm being kind to setbacks right now.

If 50 Cent released it, Setbacks would be his 2nd best album.

GRoDT doe

Riggs

Banned
First time posting in here. Just found out about Action Bronson and I made a thread about it, instead of coming in here. I failed : (

The only rap I even listen to anymore is Z-ro, and as much as I love him it gets old. Need some new shit, think Kendrick Lamar is something I need to check out. Lots of hype on gaf about that maad city album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom