• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
Sex Drive and Grooveline were the only weak tracks out of 18 (17, really because of the interlude) on HnC. If he keeps that up on his next project, TDE got a new top dog.
Outside of like 3 tracks, I wasn't feeling it. I wanna like Q, he's just not there yet for me.

T Dollarz

I went back to Setbacks the other day and liked it more than ever before. But as for HnC, I don't think there are any weak tracks necessarily, but it lacks the cohesiveness of Kendrick's album that brings it to the next level.

I went back to Setbacks the other day and liked it more than ever before. But as for HnC, I don't think there are any weak tracks necessarily, but it lacks the cohesiveness of Kendrick's album that brings it to the next level.

GKMC is extremely cohesive, but if I'm being honest with myself, I just enjoy HnC more. It's the most entertaining TDE album so far.

overcast

Disco the Q fans have always been here. Some negative thoughts are heavy and drown us out though. Setbacks is great too, birds and the beez is so good. HnC only has one bad track, Se Drive.

PBY

Banned
200px-Compact_disc.svg.png

PBY

Banned
Cac isn't gona eat a disc. We need to come up w/ an alternative.

I'll start the bidding with eating the insert on camera while Poetic Justice plays in the background.

Grzi

After a bunch of listens, GKMC is definitely AOTY for me.

And although I like Kendrick much more than Meek (I don't hate Meek like most of you though) I think the chances of Kendrick outselling Meek are nonexistent.

Macca

After a bunch of listens, GKMC is definitely AOTY for me.

And although I like Kendrick much more than Meek (I don't hate Meek like most of you though) I think the chances of Kendrick outselling Meek are nonexistent.
Kendrick will outsell Meek. His buzz will still be riding next week when Meek releases, taking sales away from him. He's the rapper on everybodys lips at the moment.

Grzi

Kendrick will outsell Meek. His buzz will still be riding next week when Meek releases, taking sales away from him. He's the rapper on everybodys lips at the moment.

Meek has a buzz. I just think his buzz is not visible on the internet that much, he has a different type of listeners than Kendrick does.
Sort of like Max B, dude had some fans online, he wasn't a heavy hitter though, but on the streets, or should I say out in the real world, he was like a legend (or at least that's what I've heard lol).

GKMC > HnC

But it all depends on what type of Rap you're trying to listen to.

Q and Kendrick are so different in subject matter that it's hard to compare to the two.

Also people underrate the Kendrick Lamar EP. That tape is up there with O.D and just under Section80.

Macca

Meek has a buzz. I just think his buzz is not visible on the internet that much, he has a different type of listeners than Kendrick does.
Sort of like Max B, dude had some fans online, he wasn't a heavy hitter though, but on the streets, or should I say out in the real world, he was like a legend (or at least that's what I've heard lol).
Yea, I could be totally wrong haha. I mean, Jeezy put up pretty big first week numbers, so there's obviously a market there

Yea, I could be totally wrong haha. I mean, Jeezy put up pretty big first week numbers, so there's obviously a market there

Jeezy had crazy mainstream appeal though... None of my friends who are into hip hop are checking for Meek, to the degree they checking for Kendirck, or even Jeezy. All subjective though i guess

overcast

GKMC > HnC

But it all depends on what type of Rap you're trying to listen to.

Q and Kendrick are so different in subject matter that it's hard to compare to the two.

Also people underrate the Kendrick Lamar EP. That tape is up there with O.D and just under Section80.
Yeah, you are absolutely correct. Q brings his own type of rap for sure. I thought Q described himself as the "darker" side of Kendrick or something.

Kendrick has a perfect track record as far as I am concerned. EP is my least favorite, but it's still very solid.

iavi

It still amazes me that GKMC lived up to the hype, and even exceeded expectations for some.

It felt like no album could stand against the image the pre-release hype was building in here for a second. Krit, Ross, Yela, Kanye etc.

Kendrick did it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom