• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
I like it
erDsZ.png

DominoKid

What makes you say that

im assuming this is directed at me...

so heres the thing.
whenever i listen to a new rapper, i give them 5 songs to grab me.
i dont necessarily have to like 1 of the 5 songs, i just need to hear something.
either in the production or the rapper.
this way, even if i don't like the songs, i can earmark that artist to look out for in the future (theophilus is a good example of this)
talent identification, if you want to attach a term to it.

can't say i've had a moment where i looked back later like "wow i really missed the boat on this guy" after giving them the test.

i pretty much skip button'd my way through the trinidad tape because i got bored listening to it.

im assuming this is directed at me...

so heres the thing.
i dont necessarily have to like 1 of the 5 songs, i just need to hear something.
this way, even if i don't like the songs, i can earmark that artist to look out for in the future (theophilus is a good example of this)

can't say i've had a moment where i looked back later like "wow i really missed the boat on this guy" after giving them the test.

i pretty much skip button'd my way through the trinidad tape because i got bored listening to it.

Tryin to find something else since that Future got delayed huh? :p

IrishNinja

He looks like ODB from the "Got Your Money" video.

there we go, that's what i was tryin to place, thank you

so heres the thing.

pretty fair system - if you dont dig an artist 5 tracks in, id say you gave it a fair shot. chances are even if the 1st half of the album was all the bullshit (cant remember the last time i saw that) even the good end might not save it for you anyway

rocko in ~2 days. that'll do.

but im bout to DL this Fat Trel tape.
its been a while since i caught up w/ livemixtapes.
i was kinda hoping D&N would leak by now.

I liked that tape a lot till maybe the 11th or 12 song and it killed the pacing, then picked back up a few songs later.

Funny that 5 song is pretty much what I do to tv shows(5 episodes).

Edit: Check out that Indeed - Indeedface
just listen to that first song, I think you'll dig the production

DominoKid

I liked that tape a lot till maybe the 11th or 12 song and it killed the pacing, then picked back up a few songs later.

Funny that 5 song is pretty much what I do to tv shows(5 episodes).

Edit: Check out that Indeed - Indeedface
just listen to that first song, I think you'll dig the production

im really iffy on tv shows. i'll end up watching a show i hate, just cause i like the idea and i hope it'll get better (ex. Revolution)

i previewed a few songs off that tape when it was posted a few pages back. interesting stuff. i'll have to give it a full listen sometime this weekend.

edit: so i read that T.I. is remixing Somebody I Used to Know for his album w/ BoB and Kendrick...
alright then.

edit 2: i've been watching the D&N Making Of series for a bit...i swear it seems like the hottest songs arent on the album.
although it does seem like the D&N sessions overlap w/ the DC2 sessions a bit.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dude I just met turned me on to Big K.R.I.T.

How you guys feel about him? Lovin this shit

You'll find he's one of the more liked artists in here. On the hyperbolic hatred scale he's pretty low at around a 2 or so. Some people hated the debut, but it's in my top 5 of the year.

IrishNinja

surprised more gaffers arent on spotify, they've been good with full releases going up

also is it true Cruel Winter's supposed to have Tip and Mos? if so, hyyyype

KRIT is alright, havent heard much yet. Serious backlog building

dont sleep, KRIT's one of the best new artists in years. even his lesser shit ain't bad - tell you what, ill finally get on joey badass if you give KRIT a go!

How can you like Ghostface and not like Bronson?

i think this comment was true enough with his earlier stuff - and i could be wrong here cause i aint heard a whole album since lecter, just singles - but i think he's diverged enough by now to say that's not entirely fair

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's good. Album was slightly disappointing IMO but still high quality shit. His mixtapes are incredible, check those out.
Cop the mixtapes. His retail album was a disappointment. If someone tells you otherwise, THEY AINT EATIN!

Fjordson

I dont fuck with Bronson. Anything ive heard i havent liked.

KRIT is alright, havent heard much yet. Serious backlog building
Aw, I love Bronson. I was into him from like the first track I heard, which is rare for me.

Helps that he's been blessed with so much nice production already. Thought Blue Chips and Dr. Lecter were both great in that regard. And Alchemist's beat on his new Symbol track is dope.

also is it true Cruel Winter's supposed to have Tip and Mos? if so, hyyyype

dont sleep, KRIT's one of the best new artists in years. even his lesser shit ain't bad - tell you what, ill finally get on joey badass if you give KRIT a go!

Is spotify paid??

Deal. Whats his best tape? Or the best place to start even?

And yeah, Cruel Winter could be great with Tip involved!

CRS

Is spotify paid??

Deal. Whats his best tape? Or the best place to start even?

And yeah, Cruel Winter could be great with Tip involved!

1) Spotify is a free service with ads on the app and played between songs. I don't know how often they play ads.

If you pay ($10/month), you can use Spotify on your mobile devices (Phone, iPads) and you also get to stream their highest quality possible (320 kbps). And no ads.

b) You'll never get a clear answer for this but I would have to say K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is my favorite tape of his. You really should listen to his last three tapes in sequential order starting with Wuz Here -> Return of 4Eva -> 4eva N A Day.

iii) Hopefully we get verses and not just production.

1) Spotify is a free service with ads on the app and played between songs. I don't know how often they play ads.

If you pay ($10/month), you can use Spotify on your mobile devices (Phone, iPads) and you also get to stream their highest quality possible (320 kbps). And no ads.

b) You'll never get a clear answer for this but I would have to say K.R.I.T. Wuz Here is my favorite tape of his. You really should listen to his last three tapes in sequential order starting with Wuz Here -> Return of 4Eva -> 4eva N A Day.

iii) Hopefully we get verses and not just production.

Ill download those tapes so. Ill let you guys know how i get on.

Also we're a bad thread...

hip hop gaf doesn't seem to think pusha T is genuine or he's not one of the best rappers of all time rofl. I don't bother with that thread, bunch of elitists, know nothings and a shitload of posturing.

pop gaf i can get behind, at least they dont take themselves seriously and they have funny gifs.

Pusha the GOAT. We need to open our eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom