• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
No,we the only ones in GAF-Hop who havent crowned Pusha.

I heard theres a secret section on your site with 300 pusha mixes. You only get the code when you publicly say Pusha the GOAT

Pusha doesn't have enough songs to make a solid 30 min mix..

Pusha is aight... he's not Kendrick, Q or K.R.I.T. tier but not the worst either and I like him better than most rappers getting their shine on atm.

Recon

Banned
Nah, I don't hate pop gaf. Their thread is a mess and lacks almost any real discussion, but they like it, so good for them. It does get annoying when they bring that over into other topics though.

PBY

Banned
Pusha is aight... he's not Kendrick, Q or K.R.I.T. tier but not the worst either and I like him better than most rappers getting their shine on atm.
? Why compare him to those? He's not a rookie, and his resume is waaaay better than all three of those at the moment.

PBY

Banned
^big difference bw being in a huge crew and getting a verse or 2 like u god, versus a 2 man crew like pusha. I mean, no one holds this against Andre 3k or big boi.
Lost me here.
I get where your coming from, but just in terms of volume and consistency Pusha has more on his resume. You could argue that Kendrick's highs are higher with GKMC, but man HHNF is a fucking classic.

Recon

Banned
^big difference bw being in a huge crew and getting a verse or 2 like u god, versus a 2 man crew like pusha. I mean, no one holds this against Andre 3k or big boi.

I get where your coming from, but just in terms of volume and consistency Pusha has more on his resume. You could argue that Kendrick's highs are higher with GKMC, but man HHNF is a fucking classic.

Their solo works don't come close to their group efforts. I have no problem admitting current Andre is shitty compared to other artists out there.

PBY

Banned
This is the correct way to judge him. His solo output has ranged from god awful to ok. His verses on Cruel Summer were good though.
So Andre 3k is judged by his current output (ie decent to bad features?) just seems a real arbitrary distinction to make.

Just saw the above. Now you lost me lol, but I realize this is all a matter of opinion.

RJT

An new WCW mix? Niiiiiiiice... Checking it now.

BTW, Ace, what did you think of Kendrick's new album? I know you kinda downplay Black Hippy, but IMO GKMC is at least on the same level as The Documentary.

Recon

Banned
So Andre 3k is judged by his current output (ie decent to bad features?) just seems a real arbitrary distinction to make.

Just saw the above. Now you lost me lol, but I realize this is all a matter of opinion.

I will judge a solo artists against another solo artist's output. His rapid decline outside of Clipse leads me to believe he doesn't function well as a solo artist. But throw him into a group dynamic and he does well. Now, if you want to say the Clipse's resume is better than Krit, etc. go ahead, I won't agree, but I understand the argument.

Clipse fans here are ridiculous besides Dominokid. Wasn't that dude who claimed that Clipse has four 5 star albums or something?

I like Pusha, but he ain't really considered a living legend or anything so it's weird to see someone get so salty over him.

Blackace

BTW, Ace, what did you think of Kendrick's new album? I know you kinda downplay Black Hippy, but IMO GKMC is at least on the same level as The Documentary.

Completely different vibes... Documentary had way more energy.

The album has a different role. It is a great album, but his flow gets to me a lot. Mostly his voice.

RJT

Completely different vibes... Documentary had way more energy.

The album has a different role. It is a great album, but his flow gets to me a lot. Mostly his voice.

Yeah, it isn't really a good comparison (just put those together because their both great Aftermath debuts). With Jay Rock getting better recently, maybe his debut will fill the void for west coast bangers.

The Documentary and GKMC albums are very different. I love both for different reasons.

GKMC is a solid cohesive album. Whereas TD is more a compilation of songs from all the artists who worked on it. 50, Dre, Gunit etc. Difficult to compare.

Pusha is the dictionary definition of average. Hes not bad at all, but not great. His work on the Clipse is hwat puts him up there for people. With good reason.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pusha a living legend? Lolno, but dude is one of the most consistent in the game and has been that way for a while. He has tore 2012 apart, verse after verse.

Blackace

Yeah, it isn't really a good comparison (just put those together because their both great Aftermath debuts). With Jay Rock getting better recently, maybe his debut will fill the void for west coast bangers.

Still not sold on Jay Rock really... Schoolboy on the other hand

Recon

Banned
Pusha a living legend? Lolno, but dude is one of the most consistent in the game and has been that way for a while. He has tore 2012 apart, verse after verse.

Again, a collection a good verses only. His last two solo releases were at best mediocre.

I love push and those first two clipse albums. But there are legit criticisms that can't be denied. He's a bit generic coke rapper and his last two mixtapes or whatever were meh.

With his first feature film in the pocket, RZA turns his attention to the group that made everything possible. RZA reminds that next November marks the 20th anniversary of Enter the 36 Chambers and the idea that there may be one more album coming from the legendary super group.

“I really think we should come out there one more time, tour the world and definitely make an album to close the book,” RZA muses. “I think our chapter has always been left open but we should close the book, not shutting Wu-Tang down or anything like that, but close our era of it.”

Link

Hype.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I just dont give a shit about pusha, at all. I can't even form an opinion cause I don't care enough.

I like action bronson but he gets repetitive quickly. "smoked salmon on pumpernickle, spaghetti with clam sauce// get split on that pea shit, your bitch suck on my ham hocks"
yes we get it bronson, you're hungry. Your big ass is always hungry.

and fuck pop gaf.

Esch

Banned
pusha is basically that dude who gets mostly C+/B-'s in school but occasionally he'll pull out like an A- or something and teachers will think he's an underachiever but he's just not that smart

Action Bronson is fucking great. Best adlibs. Adlibbing all day.

Esch

Banned
is there a new bronson album/tape anytime soon?

rare chandeliers two weeks (alc x bronson)

hyper[1].gif
hyper[1].gif
hyper[1].gif
hyper[1].gif
hyper[1].gif

Quake1028

Damn, I have such a hip-hop backlog. Some of these are just for my 200 Albums in 2012 Challenge, but most of them I actually want to listen to.

P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here
Ab-Soul - Control System
The Man With the Irons Fists OST
Kendrick Lamar - good kid, m.a.a.d city
G.O.O.D. Music: Cruel Summer
Murs X Fashawn - This Generation
Lupe Fiasco - Food & Liquor II: The Great American Rap Album Part 1
Rick Ross - God Forgives, I Don't
Curren$y - Stoned Immaculate
Big K.R.I.T. - Live from the Underground
Death Grips - The Money Store
B.o.B. - Strange Clouds