• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRS

150804_o.gif
150804_o.gif
150804_o.gif

http://www.plug.dj/gaf-hop/

DominoKid

ponder something for me.

you know how when a really hot beat comes out, everybody and they mama want to put their freestyle/rework/remix over that shit ASAP? (shit is corn)
you think a rapper could come out and say "i better not hear nobody on my shit for like 2 months" and then have the legalese to back it up?
put a embargo on the beat.

Macca

ponder something for me.

you know how when a really hot beat comes out, everybody and they mama want to put their freestyle/rework/remix over that shit ASAP? (shit is corn)
you think a rapper could come out and say "i better not hear nobody on my shit for like 2 months" and then have the legalese to back it up?
no. Why would this make sense?

ponder something for me.

It is very corny without a doubt. Imagine if a rapper did do that to their single and on the first day people can actually rap over it, like 10 people release their version the same day rofl.

ponder something for me.

That is definitely not hiphop.

And if it's just a "hot beat" and not a "hot track," it's probably for the better, anyway.

The great artists make the original good enough to stand above the rest.

Don't go all Lord Finesse on us, hehe

Recon

Banned
breaking bricks down..

going to the lab now

I know what this means, but I'm not sure If I know what you mean lol.

ponder something for me.

Couldn't happen. Either people would ignore that, or do it out of spite. Unless he somehow controlled the instrumental from getting out.

Macca

I mean yea, and most of the time the rapper isn't making the beat anyway. If they paid the producer for exclusive use, and the remix/freestyle is sold commercially I think they should have a case, but if it's free? Naw...

DominoKid

That is definitely not hiphop.

And if it's just a "hot beat" and not a "hot track," it's probably for the better, anyway.

The great artists make the original good enough to stand above the rest.

Don't go all Lord Finesse on us, hehe

see i'd agree, except your shit can get jackboy'd real easy. prime wayne used to do that shit w/ regularity.

see: mike jones
^the original was hot in its own right. guarantee if you played it for the average person they'll ask why he's rappin on wayne's song tho.

i dont definitively feel one way or the other. i just didnt know how to make sense of what i just thought of, hence crowdsourcing.

also, TBT on Dreams & Nightmares sometime tonight cause im bored.

Esch

Banned
ponder something for me.

we call this maneuver the Young Chop

as far as precedent goes, sorry breh

see i'd agree, except your shit can get jackboy'd real easy. prime wayne used to do that shit w/ regularity.

see: mike jones
^the original was hot in its own right. guarantee if you played it for the average person they'll ask why he's rappin on wayne's song tho.

i dont definitively feel one way or the other. i just didnt know how to make sense of what i just thought of, hence crowdsourcing.

also, TBT on Dreams & Nightmares sometime tonight cause im bored.
I see your point, so I concede.

I can't count how many times I thought French Montana was on an official track, when he basically did an unapproved remix.

Recon

Banned
I think my desktop just died...I guess it's time to upgrade, she's been going strong for 5 years with only a few GPU and HDD upgrades. She was good to me.

But, I just wrote a check last week for $617 for my Saint Maarten ticket....now this will cost me about $650....fuck my life.

Esch

Banned
I think my desktop just died...I guess it's time to upgrade, she's been going strong for 5 years with only a few GPU and HDD upgrades. She was good to me.

But, I just wrote a check last week for $617 for my Saint Maarten ticket....now this will cost me about $650....fuck my life.

You're lucky you can still send pictures of your balls via mobile. God bless.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
is it better than "she" by tyler?
Yes. I'm surprised I actually remember that song. But then I realize I only remember it for how horrible it was. Definitely the lowest point in Frank Ocean's career. Good thing he's not associating much with OF anymore and is doing his own thing now.

Recon

Banned
Yes. I'm surprised I actually remember that song. But then I realize I only remember it for how horrible it was. Definitely the lowest point in Frank Ocean's career. Good thing he's not associating much with OF anymore and is doing his own thing now.

Did he actually part ways with OF or is he done with them because they aren't doing shit anymore?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
will listen. also frank ocean needs to put out another nostalgia, ultra. fuck that channel orange bullshit.

Did he actually part ways with OF or is he done with them because they aren't doing shit anymore?

They're still making money though, that's all that matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom