• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
I never was big into Tyler/most of odd future- but the more I look back at their stuff it just is all so corny.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did he actually part ways with OF or is he done with them because they aren't doing shit anymore?
I think he's associated with them still, but he never really has used it to promote himself from what I've seen.

I think it was cool early on to spread his name a bit but I've seen him rep OF maybe twice. He's just kind of friends with Tyler now, there's no real strong team/clique mentality there.

The sample game being fucked up really hurt Frank and KRITs debuts.
Frank had sample issues? Can you elaborate?

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think he's associated with them still, but he never really has used it to promote himself from what I've seen.

I think it was cool early on to spread his name a bit but I've seen him rep OF maybe twice. He's just kind of friends with Tyler now, there's no real strong team/clique mentality there.

of course he's still associated with them. the collection album did come out this year afterall. lets not forget that members of OF were featured on his album.

Recon

Banned

I think they just didn't use samples much on CO because of the headaches involved. Didn't he have to stop using the original version of American Wedding live because of sample bullshit?

DominoKid

okay i had the dreams & nightmares review typed up and then my post computer glitched.
my life's work gone in a flash.

in short

awesome: traumatized, tony story 2, in god we trust, real niggas come first
shit: lay up
cool: everything else

- motion to stop putting legend, trey and mary on songs. find some new singers. its probably cheaper too.
- "traumatized" first verse after 'imma kill you nigga' is the coldest shit i've heard in a while. sound like a promise instead of a threat.
- i feel like this is closer to the album we expected GFID to be.
- i'm really wondering how ross didnt get his hands on some of these songs, especially "real niggas come first".
- i actually think this makes a great companion album to gkmc.

PBY

Banned
okay i had the dreams & nightmares review typed up and then my post computer glitched.
my life's work gone in a flash.

in short

awesome: traumatized, tony story 2, in god we trust, real niggas come first
shit: lay up
cool: everything else

- motion to stop putting legend, trey and mary on songs. find some new singers. its probably cheaper too.
- "traumatized" first verse after 'imma kill you nigga' is the coldest shit i've heard in a while. sound like a promise instead of a threat.
- i feel like this is closer to the album we expected GFID to be.
- i'm really wondering how ross didnt get his hands on some of these songs, especially "real niggas come first".
- i actually think this makes a great companion album to gkmc.

I agree w/ most of this, especially the companion album part.

cdyhybrid

I mean, obviously. Pretty sure it's my video card. My 560 ti died on me a month ago, put in my old 7900gt, now I think that's dead. But it could be something else...don't have a spare GPU to test it with.

Could be completely wrong but have you checked your card's fan? Or all the fans for that matter. Kinda sounds like some shit that happened with my last PC that got all dust-clogged and overheated to death.

Recon

Banned
Could be completely wrong but have you checked your card's fan? Or all the fans for that matter. Kinda sounds like some shit that happened with my last PC that got all dust-clogged and overheated to death.

I just dusted my cards fan, nothing. Ill dust the rest of the fans/case and see what happens. I love my macbook pro, but this shit is 4 years old, and a tiny screen....and none of my music software is on it......no bueno. I appreciate the advice.

DominoKid

Lil Reese probably going to jail yall

i6Dvwu8Gem3e4.gif

Take that dude to fucking jail please and the other bitchmade guy who was jumping the girl for a few seconds.

Ayo though, I liked that line. They didn't stop making guns when they made yours lmao.

apparently the Lil Reese video is 2 years old.

I figured it was old. And even if it wasn't, if no charges were filed he'd be in the clear. Maybe the label would be upset but let's be real: that shit would only earn him more buzz. It's not like anyone is checking for his shit in the streets right now

I figured it was old. And even if it wasn't, if no charges were filed he'd be in the clear. Maybe the label would be upset but let's be real: that shit would only earn him more buzz. It's not like anyone is checking for his shit in the streets right now

Pretty much. It helped Chris Brown switch lanes a bit.

HiResDes

So I was thinking real hard today, about whether my affinity for white women was born out of social conditioning or some sort of instinctive genetic code passed down through my forefathers who found that wooing their master's wives meant a higher rate of survival as long as they were never found out or contrarily it was also an act of social rebellion. And I know I'm not the only black guy that does. It has pretty much become a societal norm, so much that our love for white women has becoming a reoccurring metaphor throughout ebonics. When a black guys is receiving pleasure he can refer to it as Becky (which is also code for having a white mistress/girlfriend). Also, the most popular drugs in the black community have a typically white pseudonym. Mary Jane for weed, White Girl/Christina Aguilera for Cocaine, and now Molly for MDMA. If you want your drug to do well in the black community, all you seemingly have to do is rebrand it with a typically white female name and get a few rappers to start rapping about it. I have no real point yet, but I just thought I'd share these musings.

Recon

Banned
So I was thinking real hard today, about whether my affinity for white women was born out of social conditioning or some sort of instinctive genetic code passed down through my forefathers who found that wooing their master's wives meant a higher rate of survival as long as they were never found out or contrarily it was also an act of social rebellion. And I know I'm not the only black guy that does. It has pretty much become a societal norm, so much that our love for white women has becoming a reoccurring metaphor throughout ebonics. When a black guys is receiving pleasure he can refer to it as Becky (which is also code for having a white mistress/girlfriend). Also, the most popular drugs in the black community have a typically white pseudonym. Mary Jane for weed, White Girl/Christina Aguilera for Cocaine, and now Molly for MDMA. If you want your drug to do well in the black community, all you seemingly have to do is rebrand it with a typically white female name and get a few rappers to start rapping about it. I have no real point yet, but I just thought I'd share these musings.

Im gonna name my next album "Jill". Watch that shit become the next street anthem.

I'm too tired to post a response tonight so imma just say this is interesting and ill be back tomorrow

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
So you become more cryptic. Japan got you crazy.

Nah, nevermind, I got it. You got a Waifu now.

That would make home life awkward..

Just about to upload two more mixes... Just really went in today...

Recon

Banned
Who's crazy rich.

He is living the dream. Im in the process. I started dating that med school asian girl again. I gotta lock up that doctor money.

That would make home life awkward..

Just about to upload two more mixes... Just really went in today...

Ahhhh okay. I thought you meant paying "work" in that earlier post. Man, I really need to get caught up with your mixes. I cant even grab any until I get my PC situation fixed. Wish I could just download them straight to my iphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom