• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurbj

So, is Meek Mill worth my $9.99? Never heard anything by the dude.
Really? Not "Ima Boss" or the recent "Amen" single? Those were on blast for a few months now. $10 depending on if you listen to any of MMG two volumes they released. I'm buying Meek's album though.

Quake1028

Really? Not "Ima Boss" or the recent "Amen" single? Those were on blast for a few months now. $10 depending on if you listen to any of MMG two volumes they released. I'm buying Meek's album though.

I don't listen to the radio. And I have GKMC Deluxe and Iron Fists.

So I was thinking real hard today, about whether my affinity for white women was born out of social conditioning or some sort of instinctive genetic code passed down through my forefathers who found that wooing their master's wives meant a higher rate of survival as long as they were never found out or contrarily it was also an act of social rebellion. And I know I'm not the only black guy that does. It has pretty much become a societal norm, so much that our love for white women has becoming a reoccurring metaphor throughout ebonics. When a black guys is receiving pleasure he can refer to it as Becky (which is also code for having a white mistress/girlfriend). Also, the most popular drugs in the black community have a typically white pseudonym. Mary Jane for weed, White Girl/Christina Aguilera for Cocaine, and now Molly for MDMA. If you want your drug to do well in the black community, all you seemingly have to do is rebrand it with a typically white female name and get a few rappers to start rapping about it. I have no real point yet, but I just thought I'd share these musings.

ah, so this is where you were hinting at last night. That is something I've honestly never noticed, but it is interesting

TangMeng

Ignant 25 was nice Ace, thanks for giving me more music to workout to.

Dreams & Nightmares is good. It's got that Justin Beiber please believe it

kamspy

So, is Meek Mill worth my $9.99? Never heard anything by the dude.

Hell yeah. Dreams and Nightmares, In God We Trust and Traumatized are as good as rap songs get.

I've been a Meek fan and had high hopes for the album and it still exceeded my expectations. Dude is like the muddy gravel that get's stuck between the tread on the bottom of your shoes. D&N are Traumatized especially are IMO, really classic songs. Fact, Dreams and Nightmares is the best song to come out in October. If you burnt that song to a CD and scratched it, it would bleed.

Hell yeah. Dreams and Nightmares, In God We Trust and Traumatized are as good as rap songs get.

I've been a Meek fan and had high hopes for the album and it still exceeded my expectations. Dude is like the muddy gravel that get's stuck between the tread on the bottom of your shoes. D&N are Traumatized especially are IMO, really classic songs. Fact, Dreams and Nightmares is the best song to come out in October. If you burnt that song to a CD and scratched it, it would bleed.

maad city tho, but yeah Dreams and Nightmares is fucking dope. I think I'm more partial to Traumatized though as my review stated

Recon

Banned
Is the "Dreams & Nightmares" track the same one Peterboy posted last week? If so, yeah, its good. Dont see anymore than that from it. Kendrick put out a whole album worth of tracks better than that. Hell, I have another dope album from Kendrick just from his bonus tracks. Life is good for a hip hop fan.

Is the "Dreams & Nightmares" track the same one Peterboy posted last week? If so, yeah, its good. Dont see anymore than that from it. Kendrick put out a whole album worth of tracks better than that. Hell, I have another dope album from Kendrick just from his bonus tracks. Life is good for a hip hop fan.

Dreams and Nightmares was a better intro than Sherane's Song (aside from the skit)

definitely don't think the album is better though.

Pol_Pothead

Neo Member
New mixtape from Rocko...

Rocko - Wordplay

9gpvY.jpg

Also a few loose tracks I came across that are cool.

ST 2 Lettaz - Molotov Cocktail
Smoke DZA - AC/DC ft. Fat Trel & Ransom
DaVinci - Nothin Finna Stop Me

kamspy

I slightly prefer the Meek album to the Kendrick album. I like the pacing a little more. Only weak link on the album is the Kirko Bangz track.

IMO, it really goes toe to toe with Teflon Don as the best MMG release.

Shame it's not getting as much attention here. A lot of you guys made your mind up about the album before it came out, but shit is really dope. Easily gonna make my top ten this year.

Meek is like Juelz Santana x Nas.

I'm really annoyed, here's another album with Mary J. Blige..

Fuck man, get this old bitch a home.

My Dream has become a nightmare.

EDIT: Ace Hood does it better, Kamspy.

I'm really annoyed, here's another album with Mary J. Blige..

Fuck man, get this old bitch a home.

My Dream has become a nightmare.

EDIT: Ace Hood does it better, Kamspy.

Body Bag vol. 2 was really good but those songs got repetitive. I think after this album my respect for Meek Mill went up. Better than GFID. Now Medellin time.

Recon

Banned
I slightly prefer the Meek album to the Kendrick album. I like the pacing a little more. Only weak link on the album is the Kirko Bangz track.

Shame it's not getting as much attention here. A lot of you guys made your mind up about the album before it came out, but shit is really dope. Easily gonna make my top ten this year.

Lol. Or, some people just aint as enamored with Meek as you are. I havnt listened to it yet, besides the intro. Im curious though, since it is getting decent buzz around here.

Edit: Shit, Blige is on Meek album too? Damn, that girl is ruining every release.

I have it. Waiting till im in the whip to give it a spin. Ill get back to you when i do.

Recon

Banned
Am I the only one not interested in hearing Meek's album?

Im curious based on the praise. But, based on the taste of those praising it, not sure it will line up with my own taste. Meek Mill was definitely the most boring guy I saw at the Drake concert. That is really my only experience with his music.

T Dollarz

Im curious based on the praise. But, based on the taste of those praising it, not sure it will line up with my own taste. Meek Mill was definitely the most boring guy I saw at the Drake concert. That is really my only experience with his music.

Like, I already know I'm not a fan of the MMG shtick, so I figure why bother. That intro is HOT tho...

I kinda feel like I should peep it just to keep up and see for myself with all the praise in here tho...

kamspy

Actually the Mary J. track on D&N is one of the better Mary J features. It's almost a meme with her. Has she had a really great feature since All I Need is You?

Real N!gga Come First is a dope ass last track too. Nice way to polish off the album.

Recon

Banned
Like, I already know I'm not a fan of the MMG shtick, so I figure why bother. That intro is HOT tho...

I kinda feel like I should peep it just to keep up and see for myself with all the praise in here tho...

Thats pretty much where I am at. I am only checking it out based on mild curiosity. I think most people know I am not the biggest MMG fan....

kamspy

Just delete the Kirko Bangz song outright before you even go in.

Try to not expect to hate it either.

Give it a chance. Between it, Cabin Fever 2 and GKMC it's been a fucking tremendous 14 days of music.

T Dollarz

Just delete the Kirko Bangz song outright before you even go in.

Try to not expect to hate it either.

Give it a chance. Between it, Cabin Fever 2 and GKMC it's been a fucking tremendous 14 days of music.

I enjoyed my CF2 listen. Don't sleep on Iron Fists bruh.

I'm also gonna peep that RetcH and MFN Exquire today.

Trey

I listened to GFID and BoaTS so I'll spin that meek mill a few times. At the very least it won't be offensively bad.

T Dollarz

It's worth at least a listen. You might find a few cuts you like.

Well I did finally give in to the praise BoaTS received on here and ended up loving it (Damn you all). That album is just so fun lol I can't help it. I get wily as fuck to that shit in my whip...

Hell, I would take it being in a Dr. Pepper commercial over what that song ended up being. Some dude singing in the hook? That song got turned to crap real fast. I am tired of dudes and women singing hooks in rap songs. You ain't Nate Dogg!!!!!
I have to agree. The new version that was on TI's Fuck The City Up was overproduced like a mofo.

This is also why I like the original version of Bag Of Money (WOOOO), without T-Pain scatting all over it.
That and that track him and hodgy did on Fallon. Only good things from Tyler, IMO .
sandwitches...

and I agree.

Recon

Banned
Imagine if Rocky actually was dropping next week... October would of been the best month of hip hop in a long ass time. September was pretty good too, come to think about.

RJT

Sometimes I get really lost on the thread with all the acronyms... Took me a while, but I managed to understand the whole page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom