• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, if Dre thinks what people want is him rapping over other dude's beats , then he doesn't understand why people love him. I'm sure it would sell, on name recognition alone, but it ain't what we've all been waiting for.

Just realised what youve said.

A Just Blaze beat...

From Detox...

This never clicked with me. Give me a CD full of Dre beats, some of his former collaborators (Snoop, Cube, Daz, Kurupt, Xzibit, Em) Some kendirck and im buying.

As if anyone wants to hear Dre rapping on others beats.

Topless was great, So was that Jay x Dre song. Leaving them out there in their shitty quality forms is disgusting.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Honestly, if Dre thinks what people want is him rapping over other dude's beats , then he doesn't understand why people love him. I'm sure it would sell, on name recognition alone, but it ain't what we've all been waiting for.

I honestly thought Kush was a fun song, but I want Dre production. Topless let me know Dre still had it in him, I want more of that.

Kush was basically a Dre song, just with the proper credits given

Recon

Banned
Just realised what youve said.

A Just Blaze beat...

From Detox...

This never clicked with me. Give me a CD full of Dre beats, some of his former collaborators (Snoop, Cube, Daz, Kurupt, Xzibit, Em) Some kendirck and im buying.

As if anyone wants to hear Dre rapping on others beats.

Topless was great, So was that Jay x Dre song. Leaving them out there in their shitty quality forms is disgusting.

That's what I want. Honestly, it isn't much to ask. I would bet that version of Detox exists on a HDD somewhere in Dre's house/studio.

Blackace

Maybe that's why I liked it lol. I think fake Nate dogg fucked up my vibe with it though .

Yeah I didn't mind Akon so much but wished Nate could have made it, would have been classic.

Or maybe T-Pain instead of Akon...

Don't forget Shit Popped Off with TI, which is fucking CLASSIC (the original version at least)

Unfortunately, it ended up relegated to background music for a Dr. Pepper commercial :/

Maybe that's why I liked it lol. I think fake Nate dogg fucked up my vibe with it though .

That shit was shameful, giving music like that to Dr Pepper?

Listening to Topless now and its so fucking good.

That Nate Dogg imitator was a joke.

Blackace

Sure he didn't give the music away and was paid quite well..

Didn't TI use that beat on his mix tape?

Recon

Banned
Yeah I didn't mind Akon so much but wished Nate could have made it, would have been classic.

Or maybe T-Pain instead of Akon...

Tpain would of been nice. I miss Nate features. I realized the other day that all my favorite Eminem songs bedsides lose yourself features Nate.

Topless is so dope. Even Em's verse is great because its so obvious it was for Dre to rap.

Tpain would of been nice. I miss Nate features. I realized the other day that all my favorite Eminem songs bedsides lose yourself features Nate.

Topless is so dope. Even Em's verse is great because its so obvious it was for Dre to rap.

The version i have, and have racked up the plays on doesnt have Em on it. Just heard it there for the first time. The beat sounds worse than the version i have. But Dre rapping that verse wouldve been great. Im sure theres a finished version in Dres vault.

Just don't really seem how shameless it was...

I really liked the song. He shouldve released it. No reason not to.

My Meek Mill album review:
pretty damn enjoyable. I expected worse to be honest. The intro is the best track for sure though....

.....HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE. Y'ALL THOUGHT I WAS FINISHED? Traumatized is actually the best track on the album, he sounds like he's intent on killing a mufucka. Coldest thing from this dude ever, it could have been a Gangsta Gibbs track. Kirko Bangz, John Legend and Trey features are boring as hell, should have thrown in some Gunplay here. But still I enjoyed the album quite a bit. He also proved that he can rap mellow with that opening track until he turned his woop woop MMG scream on.

Detox

I would have topped my Nasir da gawd story of yore, but i own the game! lol
Season pass bruh

Easiest way to make Detox is weekend barbeque at Dre's house, bags of kush and only Quik, Snoop, Daz, Kurupt, Warren G, Cube, Em, Kendrick, Ren and Game are invited.

grkazan12

Agree with all of y'all about topless, I would love a detox with other songs like topless. An album where every rapper plays Dre, count me in. If it ever comes out, that deluxe edition better come with a ton of bonus tracks.

Quake1028

Saw Aesop Rock w/ Rob Sonic and DJ Big Wiz last night. Shit was amazing. Of course I'm an Aesop mark, so I would say that. Dark Time Sunshine opened up, their shit was pretty good, about to listen to the full album on Spotify. Wasn't sure I wanted to drop $10 on it at the show. Did pick up legit copies of Labor Days, Daylight and Float though. Apparently Daylight and Float are hard to get ahold of outside of concerts and go for $$$ on Amazon new.

Agree with all of y'all about topless, I would love a detox with other songs like topless. An album where every rapper plays Dre, count me in. If it ever comes out, that deluxe edition better come with a ton of bonus tracks.

74 Disc deluxe edition.

Remember when I said it was an awful thread? Turned out to be a great thread with tons of OT community fighting. What a spectacle.

That thread was gold, then too serious. Then gold again, and then too serious once again.

Recon

Banned
So I'm reading through that POP thread on the OT and Eschaton is bringing the HEAT.

Esch brought the Ether , but I was that soldier holding it down In my foxhole waiting for reinforcements. Defending that shit with my gaf life.

"These Stan's can't hold me back
These Stan's can't hold me back"

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Don't forget Shit Popped Off with TI, which is fucking CLASSIC (the original version at least)

Unfortunately, it ended up relegated to background music for a Dr. Pepper commercial :/

Hell, I would take it being in a Dr. Pepper commercial over what that song ended up being. Some dude singing in the hook? That song got turned to crap real fast. I am tired of dudes and women singing hooks in rap songs. You ain't Nate Dogg!!!!!

Nate did it cool, in a G way. The hooks nowadays sound like outtakes from an R&B album.

Recon

Banned
Did anyone listen to that Snoop/Warren G/ Nate Dogg album? Was it any good? For some reason I always meant to get it, but always ended up forgetting.

Detox

It was chin check Cube said it was a group album before em blew up. Quik wanted to take Eazy's role though I'm not sure if the others were willing to accept that. Dre would have made a lot more albums if it wasn't for Em.

Recon

Banned
It was chin check Cube said it was a group album before em blew up. Quik wanted to take Eazy's role though I'm not sure if the others were willing to accept that. Dre would have made a lot more albums if it wasn't for Em.

To be fair, Dre fell into a god damn white gold mine with Em.

I think i still have it laying around somehwere. I cant remember anything of use on it.

That's unfortunate :( it sounded amazing in concept.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Regulate G Funk Era is one of those albums that gets lost in the shuffle when people talk about classic albums. It shouldn't. It's a classic. 5/5 album.

Now first off Recon I'm proud of you for digging yourself in and fighting till the last drop of blood was spilled, but ya'll should know better than to pick fights with popgaf. We are grown ass men and grown ass men don't get into fights with children, it's unbecoming, even if they deserve it. You know that 12 year old who acts like a complete douchebag and you just want to drag him out back and choke him out? But you don't, because even though it's so tempting and he deserves it, you are far too old to be slapping children around. They are still developing, still got a lot of growing and learning to do. Their brains are still soft and unformed, you can't hold it against them for saying and doing foolish things.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Did anyone listen to that Snoop/Warren G/ Nate Dogg album? Was it any good? For some reason I always meant to get it, but always ended up forgetting.

I bought it, 213.
It was very disappointing. It should have been amazing but it only had a few good tracks and a ridiculous amount of filler. One of those albums that should have come out right after Detox but instead came out at a time nobody gave a shit and it was obvious that very little effort was put into the album.

I downloaded Nouns and it was a virus lol. But yeah I like Cloud Nothings and No Age so far, I've heard those names before so I clicked em first. Still need to listen to the others.

kamspy

Drunk punk is where it's at. Op Ivy. Rancid. NOFX. yup

Cloud Nothings has a cool sound, but it seems so.... clean. I need my punk to smell like 3 day old Smirnoff and cigarette butts.

iavi

Anything creative, could be mspaint, a beat, lyrics, poem, short story etc, as long as it entertains. Up for grabs is Borderlands 2 PC and Season Pass PC. If you got BL2 already you can just enter for the season pass. I'm not sure if people missed it and I should extend the deadline or not.

I missed this completely.
When's the deadline? I'll whip something up.

Recon

Banned
I only really fucked with "...And Out come The Wolves" from Rancid. I fucks with many of NOFX things. Punk In Drublic and Pump Up The Valium were classics. Not to mention their awesome Fat Wreck Chords compilations that were always around $3-$5. Being a punk fan in junior high wasnt that expensive.

My Meek Mill album review:
pretty damn enjoyable. I expected worse to be honest. The intro is the best track for sure though....

.....HOLD ON WAIT A MINUTE. Y'ALL THOUGHT I WAS FINISHED? Traumatized is actually the best track on the album, he sounds like he's intent on killing a mufucka. Coldest thing from this dude ever, it could have been a Gangsta Gibbs track. Kirko Bangz, John Legend and Trey features are boring as hell, should have thrown in some Gunplay here. But still I enjoyed the album quite a bit. He also proved that he can rap mellow with that opening track until he turned his woop woop MMG scream on.

Yes! Thought the same thing about Traumatized, amazing track

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom