• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
Re: Domo

It wasn't until beginning my third listen that I realised Domo was actually on the tape.
It's been a minute since I've heard somebody be so irrelevant on their own shit.
I can't think of a single line of his that was in any way witty, clever or even memorable.
I remembered Bronson's 'Nintendo boss' line after one listen. I can't remember anything Domo spat across 11 tracks over two playthroughs.
Production's nice (hence the multiple listens it got from me) but nothing overly great.

all i took away from my listen of that tape was "ill niggas" and "niggas is ill" on two different songs

NIGGA SEE A DOCTOR

i mean, i know some of yall have been saying that Domo has "leveled up" from how he used to be, but if that's considered leveling up, then i'd hate to hear where he started from
iSUbn0HdnRjBn.gif

Fjordson

Raekwon promising Only Built 4 Cuban Linx III before 2014

http://wudisciples.blogspot.ie/2012/08/raekwon-promises-only-built-for-cuban.html

Swallow that bullshit pride chef. We know you can do an album without RZA all over it.
Producing this entire album is exactly the kick in the ass RZA needs.

Black Mozart was the best track off Part II.
Damn. Well, I can only hope it's as good as Part II. Aside from a few mediocre songs, that was a great album.

And I agree with getting RZA to produce it, but something tells me he'll get like two beats at most =[

Damn. Well, I can only hope it's as good as Part II. Aside from a few mediocre songs, that was a great album.

And I agree with getting RZA to produce it, but something tells me he'll get like two beats at most =[

That was all Rae. He wanted no RZA on it at all originally, was the original idea behind Shaolin Vs Wu tang. Inferiority complex because of the top notch production on part 1.

Some bangers on 2 though your right. RZAs producing all of Liquid Swords 2 : Return of the Shadowboxer, Hip hop could do with another Chef RZA masterpiece.

Lets be honest the Wu need to redeem themselves. This could be just the way to do it.

Eh, I bet he could still produce something nice.

I don't even remember the last Rza beat I heard, though. Maybe that song on Watch The Throne. Which admittedly I didn't like much.

Really? I liked New Day. He co produced alot of Kanyes last one seemingly. Like i said, he needs a redemption!

RZAs also producing This british guys album, Not exactly Hip hop. I like it though.

Excuse the pun.

Fjordson

Really? I liked New Day. He co produced alot of Kanyes last one seemingly. Like i said, he needs a redemption!

RZAs also producing This british guys album, Not exactly Hip hop. I like it though.

It was okay. Not bad, but nothing special for me.

I'm kinda over the whole little to no Rza beats with Wu solo albums. Not sure if that's still a thing with Rae and company, but I mean his tracks on Cuban Linx II were great and I liked Our Dreams on Wu-Massacre. I think working with Wu members gets him to make some pretty good shit.

I wonder if he shows up on Ghostface's next album. Seems unlikely, but it'd be cool.

It was okay. Not bad, but nothing special for me.

I'm kinda over the whole little to no Rza beats with Wu solo albums. Not sure if that's still a thing with Rae and company, but I mean his tracks on Cuban Linx II were great and I liked Our Dreams on Wu-Massacre. I think working with Wu members gets him to make some pretty good shit.

I wonder if he shows up on Ghostface's next album. Seems unlikely, but it'd be cool.

Im waiting for that Liquid Swords 2. Could be something special. Also the fact RZA and GZA wont record unless the two of em are in the studio at the same time. All this emailing verses shit is affecting hiphop. Look at 8 Diagrams for example. Less of that clan cohesion.

Could be something special.

HiResDes

No, when you preface the sentence with friends who don't listen to rap have a recommendation you should just stop right there. No, don't waste your time.

The M.O.B

Friends who dont listen to hip hop are listening and talking about Childish Gambino. New name to me. Anyone heard of him? Any download worthy tracks?

Pretty popular these days..........but not with most of Gaf-Hop. Check some of his top songs on Youtube, after 2-3 songs you should get a good idea if he is good to you.

Fjordson

Friends who dont listen to hip hop are listening and talking about Childish Gambino. New name to me. Anyone heard of him? Any download worthy tracks?
He has an album out and some mixtapes. I've only heard the album and thought it was boring as hell.

That's just me, though. Seems to have a decent following.

He's a favorite of mine, good flow with a great ear for production, the mixtape he put out this year was good.

Heartbeat.
Silk Pillow
RIP
Black Faces
Toxic is a little crazy but I like it.
You don't know it? It's a comedy on NBC that GAF is in love with for whatever reason.
hundreds of pages for a show so average is confusing.

HiiiLife

Gambino is master mind. Fuck a bitch to pass the time.

He's alright. Maybe I should give him another shot but I didn't see anything TOO dope about him. The only recent rapper that really caught my ear is Kendrick. I'm stuck in the past if you couldn't tell. Half my posts have been crying about the old 3 stacks. Lmao.

He also does standup and is actually a genius when it comes to sketch comedy. How's life under the rock?

Pretty good. Warm. Damp.

Gambino is master mind. Fuck a bitch to pass the time.

He's alright. Maybe I should give him another shot but I didn't see anything TOO dope about him. The on
ly recent rapper that really caught my ear is Kendrick. I'm stuck in the past if you couldn't tell. Half my posts have been crying about the old 3 stacks. Lmao.

Also stuck in the past. Good place to be!

mooooose

Some new ASAP Rocky - Pussy Money Weed

Song is OK, was expecting the Jazzy Belle sample haha.
I think this is literally one of ASAP's worst songs. What a bummer. It's really boring compared to songs like Goldie, Thuggin Noise, Pretty Flacko, and Big Spender. Even Ridin, which kinda sucked but ASAP apologized.

Apparently this is a leak too. It really sucks.

Damn brehs, I made a long ass classic post about RZA/Cuban Links 3/LS3 but had to exit the browser quick to pretend like I was working.

I was gonna say some shit like "RZA gave Kanye some heat but is too inconsistent for me to care whether he's on CBIII or not. And I don't think LS II is real. Hopefully Iron Fist gets RZA back in a grimy mood, but I doubt it"

:(

DominoKid

I think this is literally one of ASAP's worst songs. What a bummer. It's really boring compared to songs like Goldie, Thuggin Noise, Pretty Flacko, and Big Spender. Even Ridin, which kinda sucked but ASAP apologized.

Apparently this is a leak too. It really sucks.

You cray. That shit crispy.

mooooose

Nevermind the beat is a lot better with headphones on lol. Is that Clams? The drums don't sound like him but the same has a Clammy feel. The song is really good LOL nevermind.

HiiiLife

Nevermind the beat is a lot better with headphones on lol. Is that Clams? The drums don't sound like him but the same has a Clammy feel. The song is really good LOL nevermind.

You dont gotta change your opinion if you don't want to bro. Lol.

Gorillaz

Childish Gambino and download worthy tracks shouldn't be in the same sentence unless your talking about how most of his tracks are NOT download worthy.

HiiiLife

What does GAF think of Luda? I haven't listened to any of his albums since Red Light District. Yes. I've been out of the hip hop loop that long and listen to my 90s-early 2000 rap.

Slizz

What does GAF think of Luda? I haven't listened to any of his albums since Red Light District. Yes. I've been out of the hip hop loop that long and listen to my 90s-early 2000 rap.

Been getting worse and worse. Stopped switching up flows and now pretty much only has one.

illadelph

Luda would be the feature king if there was no Busta. He kills every guest verse and takes other artists' tracks to another level. And as someone said earlier, he's easily one of the best party rappers ever.

Busta isn't even feature king, son has been reusing his whole fast gimmick for like the past 10 songs. I sometimes forget that Busta used to be able to rhyme at a normal pace.

HiResDes

Luda would be the feature king if there was no Busta. He kills every guest verse and takes other artists' tracks to another level. And as someone said earlier, he's easily one of the best party rappers ever.

There are about ten guys ahead of Luda in the feature department now, ten years ago I would have agreed...Now not so much. Rapping fast isn't just a gimmick if you can do it well like Busta.

Luda isn't even bad nowadays, what happened was that he wanted to convince people that he could do more serious albums and I wouldn't say those are terrible albums at the most they are decent, but a bit boring.

And plus Jingaling>

illadelph

I'm talking all time, both Busta and Luda are shadows of their former selves now...with occasional flashes of old greatness

There are about ten guys ahead of Luda in the feature department now, ten years ago I would have agreed...Now not so much. Rapping fast isn't just a gimmick if you can do it well like Busta.

It's a gimmick because he don't even be talking about shit. I swear the last couple of single feature verses from Busta are about the same shit. People think dude's verse is hot just cause he is spitting fast.

PBY

Banned
It's a gimmick because he don't even be talking about shit. I swear the last couple of single feature verses from Busta are about the same shit. People think dude's verse is hot just cause he is spitting fast.
I agree Busta kinda sucks now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom