• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuC

TDE/black hippy is the best thing going right now, its refreshing to see a mainstream crew of young dudes that can rhyme.

J-Zone’s Top 5 Possible Cases of Ghostwriting.

4. The Watch the Throne LP
POSSIBLE GHOSTWRITER: Gwyneth Paltrow

Even the most uppity Negroes I know couldn’t be this ostentatious. Big Tymer$ claimed to have purchased unnecessary, over-the-top things (e.g. “a platinum football field”), usually as largesse, but then the ratchet came out when Birdman put a jacuzzi in the middle of his living room. There was nothing hood rich or ratchet about WTT, though. This album was fuckin’ bourgeois, like these two niggas would buy abalone meat to make soup broth. The shit went to a level that would make Zsa Zsa Gabor say, “Can’t these guys humble the fuck out and do anything for humanity?” But Jay and Ye didn’t write this, Paltrow did. Only a middle-aged, stankin’ rich white broad who’d name her child Apple Blythe could live with the level of insouciance needed to pen stuff like WTT. Yes, Gwen. You’re that nigga (in Paris) for real!

enzo on suicide watch

tj hazuki

willow-tupac.jpg

Um...

mooooose

If all those GOOD Music remixes aren't disses... smh. Kanye is on the mixtape so that basically means they aren't.

Rap game is so pussy. Money to be made everywhere.

overcast

New Kendrick is meh.
I didn't think it was incredible, but it is a damn solid track in my opinion. Party by Q was better.

So will the late August through early October releases be the most talked about of the year?

LongLiveAsap
Cruel Summer
F&L 2
Good Kid
ASAP Mob

Any others?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New Kendrick is okay. Beat is dope though.

That's how I feel about all the new TDE songs really. They're just okay, even the Q one.

Esch

Banned
I honestly agree with you enzo, i feel like theyre trying really hard too but just not making it work for me, feel like their recent shit is just all over the place.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I honestly agree with you enzo, i feel like theyre trying really hard too but just not making it work for me, feel like their recent shit is just all over the place.
I think they're just trying to keep the momentum rolling to lead into their next 4 solo projects.

It's well timed and pretty well calculated like all the TDE shit is, and I suppose since the tracks aren't outright bad it's not working against them. Just nothing outstanding. Give it a month and you'll get a Recipe video and another single, and then another month till Kendrick's solo, and then a month or so until Q's mixtape which is supposed to release this year, etc. With features and stuff interspersed throughout.

EDIT: Can't hate on this, but 2Chainz murked that Jimmy Fallon performance. Audience got on board as soon as they heard Drizzy's voice :lol

HiResDes

I was going to post this in the pop thread, but with the grimey ass rap beats in the background I think this little R&B gem from last year is better suited here. She doesn't have a very good range, but somehow this still turned out pretty fire.

TGUY currently leading power rankings for saltiest gaf hopper in existence

Thoughts on latest Danny feature?

Tokubetsu

I was going to post this in the pop thread, but with the grimey ass rap beats in the background I think this little R&B gem from last year is better suited here. She doesn't have a very good range, but somehow this still turned out pretty fire.

Thoughts on latest Danny feature?

I like that cover, I'll peep. I've been really into the latest Purity Ring and Twin Shadow lately. A lot actually.

Tokubetsu

Oh same. Although I think I liked Twin Shadow's first one a bit more, still good as hell though.

You're not the first to tell me that, but I really prefer the direction he went in on this one. It's a bit cheesier, but catchier. I dig that. I never really sang along with the songs on the first one but I do here.

Purity Ring was unexpected because I didn't follow them but the back off their album is amazing.

HiResDes

Just copped that Ace Hood, is that DJ Khaled worth copping, if I hate the guy's voice will I be able to stand it. Help me out guys.

DJ Khaled has the best verse on the album. You should give the DJ Khaled a chance though, I don't recall him talking much outside the last song and of course the typical DJ KHALED in beginning of every song.

Edit: I like that cover of Bang Bang.

You're not the first to tell me that, but I really prefer the direction he went in on this one. It's a bit cheesier, but catchier. I dig that. I never really sang along with the songs on the first one but I do here.

Purity Ring was unexpected because I didn't follow them but the back off their album is amazing.

Love that Purity Ring. I hate to be all Pitchfork but shit new music is so good these days. All this weird pretty murked out shit is somehow all the rage.

Esch

Banned
latest Danny feature is stellar

if DJ khaled spit a verse better than Nas or face on that album I'll eat my fist

CRS

The Doors and Dr. Dre?!

SOLD.

Esch

Banned
Ill take fuckboys over excessive use of "n***a", "f****t", "d**e", "c**t" etc...

fuckboy is a great word, truly no substitute for its use

Had that New Kendrick/Jeezy in the car all day today. Wasnt crazy about it at first but it grew on me. Had it on repeat for a while.

For people not feeling it i definitely recommend a couple Re-spins.

HiResDes

Mikkey Halsted has the best features and great beatmakers, but dude is really really mediocre. I think this might be headed for the bin. Gotta keep Movie Time though.

Question: What that Shaz Illyork posted the other day the same exact one he was asking for money for donation to get mastered aka the one CRS said he received via email? Cause I haven't got an email yet about it and wasn't sure if those were the same projects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom