• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
screen-shot-2012-07-17-at-7-19-34-pm.png

Wu-Block will land in stores on October 9, through eOne Music.
The 12-track album features contributions by members of both camps, including Ghostface Killah, Sheek Louch, Raekwon, Method Man, Jadakiss, GZA, Styles P and Masta Killah.
Both Ghostface and Sheek emphasized that fans should expect are hardcore Hip-Hop album.
“This is a unique street album combination like carnation milk with oatmeal and a dash of cinnamon,” Ghostface told AllHipHop.com in a statement today. “We got killing on lock. It’s like assisination day – nothing but darts being thrown. It’s like Batman and Robin shit. It’s real street s**t for the fans. They’ve been thirstin’ for this.”
The first single “Union Square” has already been released and is for sale on iTunes.
Other people trying to sell albums together. Those are radio albums. This s**t is for the street.”

The single

Songs not great but im still Hyped.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
makes it even more saleable.

maybe he didn't want to use her death to sell alb.... HAHA I can't even type it out with a serious face.

Likely he will use it for the next single to get that last late album bump.

Also I am finally listening to this Gambino Royalty tape and say what you will he had some great features and the beats were aight / damn good. Kanye does the same thing all the time and the whole internet goes nuts.

I mean how do you hate on a tape that lets Ghost just do him on a track cause its ghost.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I agree with Peter too, I'm about 3/4 of the way through the Slaughterhouse tape and it's kind of boring. Like real, real throwaways on here. A few decent songs, Juggernauts comes to mind, but really this is not a good look. I expect the album to be much better, since this seems hastily prepared.

And well, it better be better. Just give me 2-3 good songs like the last album and I will be satiated.

I'm convinced Em and Slaughterhouse just go into the studio and do nothing but agree with each other.

"What about this mediocre beat, I actually think it's kinda nice."
"You're right Royce, how about at this part I do the line with a funny voice?"
"That sounds good Em."
"Yo, what if I get my sound engineer in here and he can master it and shit?"
"Good thinking Joey"
"I think all 4 of us need to absolutely be on every track together on this album"
"You're makin' a lot of sense Joel. To hell with pacing!"

Macca

All 4 of them being on every track has to be some sort of contractual requirement right? I mean, who the fuck things it's a good idea?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
All 4 of them being on every track has to be some sort of contractual requirement right? I mean, who the fuck things it's a good idea?
Did you just get disowned by MI6?

It was a good idea when the first slew of Slaughterhouse tracks came out. Slaughterhouse, Onslaught, Wack MCs, etc. still hold up to this day. The 4 rappers on one track thing works for Not Tonight too. It can work, but despite them saying they're experimenting with how they all fit on one track, they keep going back to some forms which just don't work on some beats.

It doesn't help that 3 of them (Royce, Joel, and Crooked) often sound the same except for specific points. I remember thinking Joel was Royce on like 5 songs off their first album. They also talk about the same shit on every song...at least Emo Buddens has another lane and voice.

I remember playing this shit outta their first album...now i can't even get through one song lol. Here I was thinking having em here would help but no he's phoning in more shitty relapse content he dropped from his albums.

He really is one of the worst mentor-ish types. Outside of 50...dude overshadows(D12) or just doesn't give a fuck with everyone else(Yella).

PBY

Banned
Soooo.. I don't know if you guys know how much CyHi gets shit on for his below weed carrier GOOD Music status... but this is hilarious

“I wasn’t supposed to be on ‘So Appalled’. People don’t know that. I kinda cheated. [Kanye] said, ‘Can you think of something to write on the hook?’ I peeped he was kinda sleepy at the time. So he went to sleep, went to the room or something. I stayed in the studio and I said I’m not gonna just do no hook. I’m gonna do my verse.”

I did a verse and didn’t tell him the verse was on there and I hid it. He was playing the album for some very important musicians and he played the song. He don’t know my verse is gonna come on and everybody in the room goes bananas. He said, ‘I gotta keep it.’”

http://rapradar.com/2010/10/20/cyhi-da-prynce-on-appalled-verse/

Macca

Soooo.. I don't know if you guys know how much CyHi gets shit on for his below weed carrier GOOD Music status... but this is hilarious

“I wasn’t supposed to be on ‘So Appalled’. People don’t know that. I kinda cheated. [Kanye] said, ‘Can you think of something to write on the hook?’ I peeped he was kinda sleepy at the time. So he went to sleep, went to the room or something. I stayed in the studio and I said I’m not gonna just do no hook. I’m gonna do my verse.”

I did a verse and didn’t tell him the verse was on there and I hid it. He was playing the album for some very important musicians and he played the song. He don’t know my verse is gonna come on and everybody in the room goes bananas. He said, ‘I gotta keep it.’”

Haha, that's great. Cyhi does put out some good verses.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So GAF, what's worse, getting signed by Dre or Em or 50?

50 did you see what he did/is doing to Young Buck? At least Dre can point to Em and Em can point at 50 and say see I don't completely suck at promoting another artist.

50 has spent more time and energy ruining Young Buck than he ever did promoting him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Yeah I remember he described this when the record came out to Complex or something.

I think he was playing it for Jay and Bey cause back then it was supposed to be on WTT.

Would have loved to see the look on Ye's face when that verse came in.

IrishNinja

yeah this KRIT tape isnt his best work so far, few good tracks but easha already had em on 2012 hip-hop spotify list anyway

ps SHE GOT A BIG BOOTY
SO I CALL HER BIG BOOTY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom