• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Covert Coup and Cigarette Boats are easily better than pt2, and at least on par with Pilot Talk.

(I listened to Pilot Talk, Covert Coup, Cigarette Boats, and Stoned Immaculate yesterday. Fresh in da brain)

wrote a short verse for a recent instrumental I found (shout out to the Jazz-Hop thread, IrishNinja stand up). Sorta kinda ties in to all this recent Curren$y discussion as well, heh.

Infidelity

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
alt hip hop is just a made up catch all term for rap that isn't on the radio or, back in the day, rap that wasn't on mtv. with the death of bet and mtv as stations that play music videos, alt rap has grown to include a lot of artist it wouldn't have in the 90s. its all arbitrary though.

currensy is still human nyquil.

(I'll have separate album and mixtape lists at the end of the year)

R.A.P. 0Music - 9/10 One of the best hip hop albums in years. Perfect production great rhymes
Russian Roulette - 9/10 Best album from a producer in ages. This is Alchemist's opus, and thankfully the rappers don't fuck it up
Grief Pedigree 8/10 - No flash just dope rhymes, flows, and gritty NY production
Life Is Good 8/10 - The god's best album in more than a decade. Solid production, amazing rhymes
Stoned Immaculate 8/10- Glossier than previous efforts but still the same solid product from Spitta
Blue Chips - 8/10 - Another solid project from Bronson, and the production is a welcome departure from some of his previous stuff
Cigarette Boats - 8/10 All I'm gonna say is that we need a full project from these two
1999 - 7/10 Very good project from quite an exciting new comer
Respect The Fly Shit - 7/10 Gritty NY shit to the bone. I'm glad Meyhem is getting the love he deserves from fans and producers
HnC - 7/10 Arguably the most hype release of the year. Pure energy
People Hear What They See - 7/10 Oddisee has greatly improved as a rapper and the production is still dope
Straight, No Chaser 7/10 Another solid Reks release, although I like last year's album more. One of the best flows in rap
GFID - 7/10 - Disappointing, but the return to Deeper Than Rap's lush production is a welcome departure from repetitive bass anthem
C4C 7/10 - El-p's rhyme patterns are a bit too odd, but the industrial electronic production is dope
LFTU 5/10 - Biggest disappointment of the year. Nearly impossible for me to reconsider

Albums I need to reconsider: Ab-Soul's album as well as the OC & Apollo Brown album. Oh and the new Gangrene album

1999 - 7/10 Very good project from quite an exciting new comer

This mixtape is fire. Shoutouts to MuddyDonut for putting me onto this.

Some really great tracks on there, definitely worth a listen.

Didnt Jermaine Dupri and Dre have beef back in the day?

195926_10151127874409110_2111875021_n.jpg

Now Dupri is practically endorsing Dres headphones?

currensy is still human nyquil.

Lol, cold.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This mixtape is fire. Shoutouts to MuddyDonut for putting me onto this.

Some really great tracks on there, definitely worth a listen.

Didnt Jermaine Dupri and Dre have beef back in the day?

195926_10151127874409110_2111875021_n.jpg

Now Dupri is practically endorsing Dres headphones?

Lol, cold.
JD is DJing now? WTF?

DominoKid

it cracked me up when i realized riff raff was on from gs to gents.
terrible music but i love watching his videos cause hes a fuckin clown
i can actually see him blowing up decently.

Tokubetsu

We are blessed:
Gunplay "M1" music video.

Great fucking song, Gunplay goes off and the beat is nice. That's what's so nice about Gunplay. Waka Flocka energy with actual lyrcisim (at least in his verses). Hope industry can make room for him and get him a piece of the pie, would like him to stick around for awhile.

Grzi

We are blessed:

Great fucking song, Gunplay goes off and the beat is nice. That's what's so nice about Gunplay. Waka Flocka energy with actual lyrcisim (at least in his verses). Hope industry can make room for him and get him a piece of the pie, would like him to stick around for awhile.

And he can flow, he has a nice feel for the beat and knows how to rhyme in a really good way.

PBY

Banned
Okay.. WELL DONE 3 IS SICK. Play this at high volume. Lyrics are so dumb, but its got that BOUNCE. damn, well done indeed.

I'm 19, have none year under my belt. Not many credits, but I have taken as many classes as I get and I have good grades. Pretty terrible.

Ah, only one year. I hear this story all the time. Getting classes gets easier once you get a decent amount of units from what I've gathered from professors and long time students.

The idea is to make it easier for those on the brink of an AA or transfer in order to improve their(community colleges) numbers. Freshman have the highest incomplete rate for obvious reasons, so they focus the most on those closest to the finish line.

Once you apply for an AA you get perpetually thrown to the back of the line from what I've heard. Something to keep in mind if a counselor pressures you to apply for an AA in a field you're not interested just because you have the necessary units and courses.

Just make sure you kick that 1 class' ass, low GPA can also push your enrollment back.

Yeah, it's decent, but not good enough for me to be like why aren't yall listening to this?!?!?!

Edit: At first, I thought it was just okay at best too. Not too many people bothered with it here though still.

IrishNinja

hey, i wanna hear vania rap music.

also good luck overcast, dont let that shit get you down

excuse me now, ya boy ken masters done found the jazz-hop thread and i gotta show a ninja the door

Yo Gotti

Banned
We are blessed:

Song is dope.

Hair lookin like like he's got a dick comin out of his neck tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom