• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

Year of the dog and Grand Champ? This is coming from someone who loves X, but I ain't never heard anybody say he has never made a bad album.

DMX only has two good/great albums and those are his first two. Blood of my Blood is a bit behind It's Dark, but I always felt like Blood seemed like It's Dark Pt II. I think they were recorded in the same year. He has too much filler on every other album.

DMX only has two good/great albums and those are his first two. Blood of my Blood is a bit behind It's Dark, but I always felt like Blood seemed like It's Dark Pt II. I think they were recorded in the same year. He has too much filler on every other album.

I don't think "and then there was X" was a bad album. It wasn't great, but it definitely has tracks on there I can still go back to and enjoy, but yeah, first two are definitely his best.

Tokubetsu

Yeah im pretty sure they came out the same year?

Yea, I think IT's Dark dropped summer and Blood was in the fall. I stole my sister's boyfriends copy of Dark, but bought Blood myself.

I don't think "and then there was X" was a bad album. It wasn't great, but it definitely has tracks on there I can still go back to and enjoy, but yeah, first two are definitely his best.

And Then There Was X just had way more Ruff Ryders and Sizz Beatz bullshit. Production quality was missing the quality of the first two albums.

Year of the dog and Grand Champ? This is coming from someone who loves X, but I ain't never heard anybody say he has never made a bad album.

I would say those two are probably the weakest but they are still good albums.

Grand champ:

Dog intro
My life
Where the hood at
Dogs out
Get it on the floor
Shot down
Untouchable
Were back
Rob all night
The rain
Dont gotta go home
Ayo kato
Thank you

Year of the Dog... Again:

We in here
Baby motha
give em what they want
walk these dogs
Blown away
Goodbye
life be my song
Lord give me a sign

May I ask where you got this info?

The last utterance of Madvillainy 2 that I heard was in January when DOOM said he was waiting on Madlib.

I can't find it, but it was a magazine interview earlier this year (not the Red Bull one). The album has been pretty much done for awhile. I think Stones Throw is holding it up personally

ypd02.gif

I wish it was longer and Dr Dre cared more, but my Xzibit bias is too strong for me to see clearly.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

*Squealing like a little girl*

I'm a big X fan, love the liks, and King T is an unappreciated rap genius.
And we got a good Dre beat? What???!!!!
Although if I have to be honest, this sounds kind of like a detox song that Dre let X used after he scrapped whatever version it was on. It sounds a lot like a bunch of bishop lamonts tracks that were going to be on detox but got the ok to be released once dre scrapped it. Short, similar production style, and lots of quick verses from a variety of rappers.

I hope i'm wrong though, that would be great.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
And Then There Was X just had way more Ruff Ryders and Sizz Beatz bullshit. Production quality was missing the quality of the first two albums.

And there was X has far less filler than the first two the highs of the first two were higher but ATWX was a more complete album

I understand why people like the first two more but ATWX is my favorite X album by far

Tokubetsu

And there was X has far less filler than the first two the highs of the first two were higher but ATWX was a more complete album

I understand why people like the first two more but ATWX is my favorite X album by far

I'm not surprised. We know you're a Swizz stan haha. ATWX was just very much a transition album for X, he was heading into a much bigger arena of rap. I just wasn't totally onboard with it.

First day of RTB done, someone hooked me up with VIP which was awesome.

Speaking of Dark Man X, dude killed it like big time. Him and J. Cole were standouts for day 1. My friend who went to see Cube instead of Cole said Cube destroyed it too.

Cudi closing the night was SMH worthy. Redeemed only by 2Chainz coming out of the blue during Cudi's set after he cancelled earlier in the day.

Coolest dude ever goes to Yelawolf, dude was partying all day. Drinking and getting hyphy on stage during A$AP. Apparently almost beat some dudes ass too.

Blackace

I'm not surprised. We know you're a Swizz stan haha. ATWX was just very much a transition album for X, he was heading into a much bigger arena of rap. I just wasn't totally onboard with it.

stan? please..

I like Swizz and denying that without him X would have been on the rock far before he got on it...

but on the whole ATWX was very versatile.. had pop jams, stories, grim, basically it was a very very complete album..

Blackace

First day of RTB done, someone hooked me up with VIP which was awesome.

Speaking of Dark Man X, dude killed it like big time. Him and J. Cole were standouts for day 1. My friend who went to see Cube instead of Cole said Cube destroyed it too.

Cudi closing the night was SMH worthy. Redeemed only by 2Chainz coming out of the blue during Cudi's set after he cancelled earlier in the day.

Coolest dude ever goes to Yelawolf, dude was partying all day. Drinking and getting hyphy on stage during A$AP. Apparently almost beat some dudes ass too.

since when did getting sloppy drunk and fighting become "cool"

It's cool to enjoy your life and job with a passion but be a pro..

Grzi

I wanted to qoute your earlier post and say this basically, but it seems it's not necessary.

To me, ATTWX is the perfect "hardcore artist gone mainstream" album (not that he wasn't mainstream before, but his sound definitely wasn't as mainstream as on his third album), it's basically him being hard as fuck over beats that were considered top tier at the time.
If he put out the same album today it wouldn't sound old, What's My Name would still be an amazing first single.
I think that sound would be perfect for Gunplay, if he put out an album like that I could die a happy man, but that's probably not happening.

I still prefer It's Dark and Hell is Hot but I'll always adore And Then There Was X.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
since when did getting sloppy drunk and fighting become "cool"

It's cool to enjoy your life and job with a passion but be a pro..

maybe the dude was raping babies and kicking old people and talking shit about e40 and deserved the ass kicking.

HiResDes

I get they arent the same and i understand that you like them for two reasons. And i can respect that. But god damn i dont know anyone that didnt love that CD when it dropped. Everyone had it in their cars. Stayed on blast. I dont know anyone who doesnt like the album.

Just shocks me you count it as a bad album.

Grand Champ is pretty ass

My gawd, they had a tree instrument which controls the lighting of all of these cocoon like light fixtures set all over the room as well as warping her vocals....My gawd, and the hip women that were there. Headaches and Evian Christ also were immaculate. The jams, the energy, the bass. If I were on Molly I'd have lost it.

Dereck

Moreso them wanting to releasing it at a specific time; I could be wrong though. A lot of tracks have been released, I'm sure there are a ton finished...dunno what the hold up is. Madlib is weeded out, but that can't be the supreme holdup...
All I need is for Madlib to say something, I'm actually a bit more bothered with the hush hush with the album's progress over it not being out by now.

DominoKid

Youre an idiot if you pay for a DOOM show. This has already been established.

Anyway ive been listening to Ace Hood a lot lately. He deserves the push that Meek Mill is gettin cause he can rap circles around him and do the trap shit better.

HiResDes

Youre an idiot if you pay for a DOOM show. This has already been established.

Anyway ive been listening to Ace Hood a lot lately. He deserves the push that Meek Mill is gettin cause he can rap circles around him and do the trap shit better.

It's been a minute since I've dapped a Dom post, this is one.

T Dollarz

Just came across this:
Kendrick in Chicago 9/23... tix $24
A$ap Rocky, Schoolboy, & Danny in town 10/11... tix $35

I think I need to hit these up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom