• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
i dunno, the making fun of the guy as being asian, that wasn't cute. just offensive. its been great as "TV" though,
How was that offensive? He was just messing around, even if it didn't make sense (which is what made it funny)

Also Blind Threats is kind of ass. Hook especially terrible. Rae verse is aight tho.

Blind threats is nice, but clean. Either way

ipD49hfLg8Cy5.gif

codhand

How was that offensive? He was just messing around, even if it didn't make sense (which is what made it funny)

Also Blind Threats is kind of ass. Hook especially terrible. Rae verse is aight tho.

i chuckled when he said the "pump-fake asian", but i felt bad at the same time.

Agree too about Blind Threats, Q said it was his fave, but to me it was a basic Roy Ayers loop. overall though the album sounds really good.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
This St.Vincent album goes hard as fuck. Bless gaf-hop. Yall are the same crew I learned about Chvrches from.

Can't eat off that clean Oxy. smh.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Kurupt/Tyler song sounds like ass too. I feel like every song I've heard on other people's projects produced by Tyler has used the same exact drums, jesus.

how is oxymoron overall tho?

Everytime Q drops a release, it sucks CAWK CAWK CAWK CAWK

e: just seen the stream is clean? Back to the mbdtf leak

overcast

Oxymoron isn't really leaked yet.

Habits and Contradictions is the 2nd best album of 2012, but okay. Setbacks is dope too.

Dereck

From reddit:
Hopsin sat in the basement of his mom's house. He was out of capri-sun again. He sighed and thought about his career. "I'm 30 years old and I'm still rapping out about teenage nice-guy shit?". His thousand yard stare burned from behind his colored contacts. He looked at the skateboard up against the way, and glanced at his twitter bar. Empty, the cursor blinked.

The small, rectangular windows to the outside world shone through.

Hopsin blinked.

"I'M SICK OF THIS FUCKING BULLSHIT", he screamed, throwing his monitor across the room. Ruthless Records. Yeah they lived up to their fuckin' name. Assholes. Why couldn't people just enjoy the crazy shit he threw out??? Why could that little fucking punk ass bitch Tyler get all the fans he wanted and achieve shout outs from Pharell. "I'm a good rapper. I rap hard. I have bars. People listen to me!" he thought, before a raging torrent of hatred poured onto him as he remembered the needle drop review... "A BLACK, SHITTY VERSION OF EMINEM", he thought again. What was the point? Why should he keep on living? What could he do, go get a job at McDonald's or something? "Hi I'm hopsin, I'll be flipping your burger today".

He pulled out his phone. "Fuck all of them. I'm going to tell them how I feel".

15 minutes later he felt no better.

Lying on the floor, he could feel his contacts sitting on his eyeballs. They hurt, but the hurt was so good. His phone sat next to his head.

*bzzzzzz.bzzzzzzz*

"hello?"

"hey man it's charles"

"Charles?"

"Yeah it's charles hamilton"

"What the fuck? Why are you calling me?"

"Saw your twitter. Thanks bro."

*CLICK*

Fuck, that was it. One more tweet. One more fucking tweet.

He slammed the door on the way out.

"Marcus, boy, where you going?"

"FOR A WALK MOM THIS IS SERIOUS"

15 minutes later, he felt better, after kicking over all the rubbish bins the neighbourhood, he arrived at 7/11.

"Will that be all, sir?", the man behind the counter asked.

"yeah homie you know me?" Hop asked.

"Sorry sir. I don't".

"Damn shame, man, shame, I'm a famous rapper", he said, smirking as he turned to leave.

"OH!", called the clerk. "Yeah?" - he spun on his roller sneakers, excited.

"IF YOU DO NOT PAY FOR THAT SODA I WILL CALL THE POLICE ON YOU", said the clerk so firmly that Hop felt his stomach sink like a brick. He gingerly placed the bottle down and backed out of the store. Outside, he sat down, and began to sob. He sobbed for what felt like an hour.

After 10 minutes, his phone rang again:

*bzzzzzz.bzzzzzzz*

"Who the fuck is it?"

"yo this is donald. you alright man?"

"Donald? Donald glover?"

"Yeah man. I just wanted to know if you're doing ok"

"Nah, nah I'm really not. I feel ter-"

Glover cut him off.

"Good. Stop biting my style, fuckboy".

*click*

Hysterically sobbing, he threw the phone directly at the 7/11 window. Before you could say "Knock Madness was garbage", the aforementioned clerk had walked outside and grabbed Hop in his one hand and his Nokia cellphone in the other.

"Yes, this is Samir Vikram, a black male aged about 30 has just vandalised our storefront. I've got him here now, he seems to be wearing colored contacts"

Hopsin continued to sob.

:lol

Jonwayne is coming through Low End tomorrow for the Alpha Pup 10 year anniversary. Gonna catch that.

Wasn't fucking with him until Des threw him on in Plug, but man...I'm hyped.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh my bad lol. Little worried by Oxy based off the few impressions of the new tracks.
TBH, from the amount of ehh tracks I've heard already, there's pretty much no way it's going to be better than H&C. Not even trying to be a negative nancy here, that just seems like what it is going to be like. Not really being wow'd by most of the production either.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
He also said today that him and Alc finished Break The Bank over a year ago. The sample struggle is real.

Oxy's production sounds like a major downgrade from HnC. Really makes no sense, given all the dope shit Isiah Rashad just got from TDE in house producers.

JohnDoe

Banned
Oxy's production sounds like a major downgrade from HnC. Really makes no sense, given all the dope shit Isiah Rashad just got from TDE in house producers.

We've already established that beat selection is a skill no matter what dope beats you've got access to. *glares at Nas*

overcast

TBH, from the amount of ehh tracks I've heard already, there's pretty much no way it's going to be better than H&C. Not even trying to be a negative nancy here, that just seems like what it is going to be like. Not really being wow'd by most of the production either.
Yeah, I feel you. Kind of seems like we aren't getting the album that was made initially because of sample issues. Plus he needed "hits". Mindless speculation, as I've listened to like 4 songs. No way it took him that long to finish a few songs. He had those tracks with FlyLo too :[

Out of what I've heard.
Good = Collard Greens, MOTY, Break the Bank, Gangsta.
Bad/eh = Hell of a Night, samples weren't great.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
We've already established that beat selection is a skill no matter what dope beats you've got access to. *glares at Nas*
So you're implying skill can just vanish at some point? Setbacks and HnC had a fantastic choice of production. Man of the Year, Break The Bank, Collared Greens are all fantastic too, it's just all these album cuts we're hearing now feel watered down to skeletons to fit a simpler feel across the album.

JohnDoe

Banned
So you're implying skill can just vanish at some point? Setbacks and HnC had a fantastic choice of production. Man of the Year, Break The Bank, Collared Greens are all fantastic too, it's just all these album cuts we're hearing now feel watered down to skeletons to fit a simpler feel across the album.

Granted, we haven't heard the whole thing yet so I'll reserve judgement for now. But it is a skill that can vanish at some point.

overcast

Definitely should wait for the album to come out. Any day now. Plus we're getting, like what, 20 songs? Including the Target bonus tracks. So yeah, we'll see.

Macca

I'm guessing Interscope just wouldn't give him the money he needed to get the samples cleared. The fact that Alch had to give up his cut just to get Break da Bank out speaks volumes.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm guessing Interscope just wouldn't give him the money he needed to get the samples cleared. The fact that Alch had to give up his cut just to get Break da Bank out speaks volumes.
Money rarely has anything to do with it.

Druggies Wit Hoes III they wouldn't clear no matter what. They didn't even want to hear the song, they said they wouldn't do it. Estates care for representation more than a quick buck.

EDIT: I also remember, forget who artist was, but another big hip-hop artist trying to clear samples and all the dude asked from them were 2 signed copies of the album. Usually these guys are chill, being artists themselves sometimes.

overcast

Just saw, remember when 50 said he was on the album like a day ago? Schoolboy said he's not, that song they did didn't make the cut. He "wished it made the album" though.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
^ yes that is, though there's a video version with Q in it too.

DJ Infamous ft. Jeezy, Ludacris, Juicy J, The Game, Hitmaka - Double Cup video.

Interesting, Q's delivery is on point, as usual, but this is just total speculation I'm guessing verses two and three are the arc and fall of the Gangsta.

When I was broke, I got me that nine
With my nine, I hit me that lick
And then with that lick, it came with that yola
With that yola, it came with your bitch
And see now your bitch, she gon' work on that corner
I don't care if that ho got pneumonia
Give me racks and you won't get a quarter
She don't run game, I'm the only controller

Esch

Banned
Just saw, remember when 50 said he was on the album like a day ago? Schoolboy said he's not, that song they did didn't make the cut. He "wished it made the album" though.
50 cent so irrelevant he can't even get on TDE weed carrier albums. Damn.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Nothing wrong with a solid "weed carrier" album. Chronic, Chronic 2001 were "weed carrier" albums. So were Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Reasonable Doubt etc. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom