• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex

I had a fellow GAFfer explain to me what a "weed carrier" was since I just assumed it was Eschs' way of saying weed dealer.

So a weed carrier is someone who holds weed for a friend for no money or profit at all? What kind of dumb shit is that?

DominoKid

I had a fellow GAFfer explain to me what a "weed carrier" was since I just assumed it was Eschs' way of saying weed dealer.

So a weed carrier is someone who holds weed for a friend for no money or profit at all? What kind of dumb shit is that?

weed carrier is the flunky. the coat tail rider. the person who takes the charge when shit goes south.

every crew needs a weed carrier. it's essential.

Esch

Banned

Spliff Star is a weed carrier. Memphis Bleek is a weed carrier. Weed carriers in a rap sense are basically your boy, who may or may not get put on musically, whose entire income and livelihood is based on another man's hustle.

A weed carrier.

Origin: People that hold the weed in the group so the main artist who makes them money doesn't get booked and fucks up everyone's income.

Definition: holder of drugs; could be multiple narcotics including: Weed, Molly, Cocaine, Codeine and etc

Examples: Stalley is MMG's Weed Carrier.

Nevermind me Ye have fun, if the cops ask, that's my gun - Pusha T

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
It all makes sense now. Everytime I would see Esch or someone else say weed carrier I thought that was there way of saying weed dealer.

So my original post of classic weed carrier albums can be changed to classic drug dealing/drug related albums.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
weed carriers are members of collectives where there is clear front runner of the group, and it aint them.
Yeah, no.

Domino had the best definition. In TDE it's technically Jay Rock. Kendrick doesn't even smoke/do illegal dumb shit and Jay Rock is more ready than anyone to take the charge for Q or Soul.

Esch

Banned
weed carriers are members of collectives where there is clear front runner of the group, and it aint them.

See I disagree with this. Would you call Beans a weed carrier? Or Cudi? When Kanye was a more supportive member of the Roc, was he a weed carrier? Was Ma$e? Is J. Cole Hov's weed carrier?

Even if you depend on another man for a lot of your promo/swag/hustle, you aren't a weed carrier if you have something in demand or your own shit going on.

overcast

Well weed carrier is used insultingly often too. Like I'm sure Cyhi isn't taking the fall for anyone, but he's basically a weed carrier.

Cudder

See I disagree with this. Would you call Beans a weed carrier? Or Cudi? When Kanye was a more supportive member of the Roc, was he a weed carrier? Was Ma$e? Is J. Cole Hov's weed carrier?

Even if you depend on another man for a lot of your promo/swag/hustle, you aren't a weed carrier if you have something in demand or your own shit going on.

not talking about record labels, talking about collective groups as per ASAP, Odd Future, etc.

Esch

Banned
not talking about record labels, talking about collective groups as per ASAP, Odd Future, etc.

So Earl is Tyler's weed carrier
patrice.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, catching up on this thread, filler and siddx both got banned? Is it just for the story or did they go on and do something in NBA-GAF?

Also, happy birthday Phoenix Dark!

tumblr_mhcnfnUpSR1qiavcao1_400.gif

injurai

Banned
while you guys nibble on censored crumbs off oxymoron, a new Souls of Mischief album dropped today.

You guys are sleeping, how did I not know about this.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So cam and Dza are trying to do a project with Harry Fraud Producing at least one track.
diddydatazz2.png

I'm not excited by DZA I'm excited that this might lead Cam to Harry Fraud solo work.....

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The comments are gold. "His fat ass almost looking skinny in all that fur". "Nikka suffocating himself", etc.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
We need some more people

I had an account, and was DJing hot ish in the Plug a few months ago, but I forgot my account after I lent my mom my laptop. Even got up to about 50 likes in like two days with my worm dude DJ. =/ Guess I'll start another one, but I hate adding numbers after my username.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
This has prob been asked before, but among the currently relevant rappers, who puts on the best show? I don't really care about theatrics, just the ability to make a song work live. I have a chance to see Q and Rashad this spring. My options are limited in Michigan

Yeezus concert was really good again.

Felt like a lacked a bit of energy compared to his first show and didn't have quite the same atmosphere as the ACC show, still really good. There's a block where he played a bunch of classics that he didn't play at the other show.

overcast

This has prob been asked before, but among the currently relevant rappers, who puts on the best show? I don't really care about theatrics, just the ability to make a song work live. I have a chance to see Q and Rashad this spring. My options are limited in Michigan
Danny Brown was great first two times I saw him. He played his songs perfectly and it's crazy hype. He's touring this spring and I'm probably seeing him again.

I'm seeing Q this spring, at worst it'll be a good time. I would go if I were you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom