• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEKKI

I saw the LOX last week!

25f2a240bbc811e393bc127d4d4eca68_7.jpg

I love this group!!

None of y'all Betta

Breathe Easy

Live at the Tunnel

No lol. He had a homie who passed away called Travis Scott. References him every now and then.

Travis with the dumb ass dollar sign is still terrible though

Esch

Banned
Seems like it but whatever he's trying to say is pretty incomprehensible. Not sure why anyone would wanna beef with Trav.

I can see it. Dude says some weird shit. There was one video where he was seriously acting and saying some shit where I thought he was on the autism spectrum, really weird interview.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
No lol. He had a homie who passed away called Travis Scott. References him every now and then.

Travis with the dumb ass dollar sign is still terrible though
Oh yeah, forgot about that. But keep in mind that there's Travis $cott the rapper and then the producer. I get not liking him as an mc but he's produced some dope ass tracks.

The Waka Flocka Autism theory is still valid, tho.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rihanna will dump Drake within 4 months, write it down. She's a rolling stone, that simp shit won't keep her satisfied.

how do we know they're dating tho? could just be carrying her weed...

he'd still fall into the Rhianna trappings without any of the fun tho

Oh yeah, forgot about that. But keep in mind that there's Travis $cott the rapper and then the producer. I get not liking him as an mc but he's produced some dope ass tracks.

The Waka Flocka Autism theory is still valid, tho.
Travis scott is the one who acts like he has autism not waka.

and sure take away about 6 sounds from everything he touches and that's a possibility

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Travis scott is the one who acts like he has autism not waka.

and sure take away about 6 sounds from everything he touches and that's a possibility
6 sounds? What does that even mean? Sounds like a reductionist argument from what little of it I can understand.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Travi$ Scott seems like someone who seriously does not want to to do media because he hates being put on the spot and is socially awkward. In every interview it seems like can't verbalize what hes trying to express.

His debut is still my most anticipated album this year, if it makes it. LA FLAME LA FLAME LA FLAME

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Can drake and Rihanna decide if they're dating or not. I feel like she just calls him up whenever she needs "someone to talk to".

IrishNinja

^how? she got no titties tho

How you doing Irish? All this wu shit must be spirit poison. Stay prayed up.

im good my dude, lotta Wu shit on deck so im happy like a clam, not fuckin with much in current hip hop at the moment anyway but im down to pray to whatever dark entity you hustle for, i'm not picky

codhand

Bun B actually killed it. Way better than I expected. I had to suffer through Kirko Bangz to get there though. I wasn't properly prepared for that level of awful.

Tokubetsu

Yo, this Smoke DZA Legends in The Making song is fucking awful. Just wall to wall awful. Spitta's verse couldn't even save this awful. Worst Harry Fraud beat I've ever heard. This shit is so awful...I just...wow.

http://youtu.be/zqdlHGcGxvUi9

How did y'all let this slide?

Esch

Banned
In this genre people only point out bad/mediocre shit that important people do. Nobody gives a shit about Smoke DZA falling off, or REKS being on a decline project after project. Thats life.

DZA is only good on a guest verse or two, I can't listen to an entire project of his struggle raps.

Harry Fraud was exposed ages ago brehs, let it go. Dude is trash.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
In this genre people only point out bad/mediocre shit that important people do. Nobody gives a shit about Smoke DZA falling off, or REKS being on a decline project after project. Thats life.
Hip.hop is so metal.

Esch

Banned
When did this happen? Did I miss something? I thought everyone was in love with Fraud.
Nah. He had a mediocre 2013 and didnt live up to expectations so everyone turns on him. Just like with Rocky, KRIT, and Cole the more you go back. Thats why you gotta stay reinventing yourself, space your projects out right, and keep people thirsty. Feed them too much and then fall off, and then you were never shit.

Esch

Banned
Hip.hop is so metal.
Nah, hip hop hasnt yet reached that full stage of no commercial or cultural relevance where fans en masse are trying to prop up tribute acts (Joey Bada$$ is the Municipal Waste of hip hop). But we are at the point where people are starting to hail cross genre amalgamations as something new and exciting (compare Kanye and Death Grips to say, Ulver/Sigh type bands). So in metal terms that'd put us at like? 2001/2?

PlayDat

Danny was awesome last night. Had Dopehead on stage with him the whole time. He performed what I'm assuming was a song off Devil's Heaven after doing Bruiser Brigade. Crowd was really into it too (This is the last time I wear glasses to show at this kind of venue. Shit got smashed). Had a great time. I think he did about 18 songs but it felt way shorter than that.

At the end
he walked backstage for a bit, A stagehand brought a chair to the front and Danny came back out to perform Lonely. He sat down with a mic in one hand and blunt in the other. I know he usually doesn't like performing his more serious stuff but I get he's loosening up on that.

Tokubetsu

Also Esch

Second shave was definitely better than the first. Getting more confident with how I'm holding the handle etc. Still a few trouble areas but I'm thinking my next shave will be the one that really clicks for me.

mooooose

hahahahahah lmao at the idea that fraud fell off

he had a mediocre 2013, like esch said, but he's making better beats than the ones he made after he got big because of french/shot caller/bronson, since like 2008, if not earlier

besides the fact that he dropped this in 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_5r7wSkBQ

this fire does not sound like "falling off" at all and has some of the best mixing/engineering that any of his beats ever had (theyve always been rough)

this post was just an excuse to post this song lol

Kimosabae

Banned
sigh

Not feeling the new RATKING. I didn't expect to, honestly, considering what they were releasing up till this point. They're maturing too fast for me. The music is good, but it's not what I wanted. I wanted a "rappity rap" album similar to the EP. More "Sporting Life", "Wikispeaks" & "Retired Sports".

Not enough rappity rap being made nowadays. Guess I'm getting old.

I'm depressed.

*edit*

This is Needledrop's fault. Little hipster prick ruined what was supposed to be my favorite rap clique.

mooooose

sigh

Not feeling the new RATKING. I didn't expect to, honestly, considering what they were releasing up till this point. They're maturing too fast for me. The music is good, but it's not what I wanted. I wanted a "rappity rap" album similar to the EP. More "Sporting Life", "Wikispeaks" & "Retired Sports".

Not enough rappity rap being made nowadays. Guess I'm getting old.

I'm depressed.

*edit*

This is Needledrop's fault. Little hipster prick ruined what was supposed to be my favorite rap clique.
Word, I feel you. Wiki is just so good that he's great in a typical NY rapper role, but on the other hand, I feel like he's one of the only rappers who could've made So It Goes and the mission statement of RATKING actually WORK. It's a role that isn't really fit for anyone, except him, which is kind of an awesome place to be. It's still good music, but I definitely wouldn't mind an EP or series of freestyles from Wiki over some more accessible beats.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFFvrGmGAs

This freestyle is still my favorite example of Wiki's technical skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom