• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
also the collective dick riding of ratking has washed away all my sins, Ls, and nikka moments of stannery
Some sins are too deep and many to be cleansed. Shit is tempered praise not full on dickriding too.
Also Esch

Second shave was definitely better than the first. Getting more confident with how I'm holding the handle etc. Still a few trouble areas but I'm thinking my next shave will be the one that really clicks for me.
Use the weight of it to do your work, hot water, and be patient around your chin. After a single pass wash face with hot water, re lather and do another for dat babysoftness. After you're done use super cold water to wash your face. Cuts down on burn and prevents acne and stops bleeding if you have any. Youll get the hang.

hahahahahah lmao at the idea that fraud fell off

he had a mediocre 2013, like esch said, but he's making better beats than the ones he made after he got big because of french/shot caller/bronson, since like 2008, if not earlier

besides the fact that he dropped this in 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PG_5r7wSkBQ

this fire does not sound like "falling off" at all and has some of the best mixing/engineering that any of his beats ever had (theyve always been rough)

this post was just an excuse to post this song lol
This is one of my favorite songs ever

First listen of So it Goes and I really don't know what to think.
Second listen going better, but I still hate that intro on Snow Beach, which is a shame since the rest of the song is excellent.

IrishNinja

Nah. He had a mediocre 2013 and didnt live up to expectations so everyone turns on him. Just like with Rocky, KRIT, and Cole the more you go back. Thats why you gotta stay reinventing yourself, space your projects out right, and keep people thirsty. Feed them too much and then fall off, and then you were never shit.

I could still fuck with KRIT but i see your point...if overfeeding kills you though what bout Curren$y?

IrishNinja: you live in Pompano/Deerfield, right?

You should check out Versus Gaming Center. It's a nice LAN center my friends opened up recently, that is placing a focus on the fighting game community.

Maybe we can have a lil' GAF meet up :)
https://www.facebook.com/VersusGamingCenter

Miami, so not too far off but ima look into this, thanks man! Sounds cool, and my current post actually gives me weekends off now

miss this dude

Dereck

What is this shit?

Did Earl Sweatshirt spawn the era of the DOOMlites?

This does not work, you cannot be MF DOOM, your voice does not suit monotonicity. Be you.

Actually, I should call these dudes Sweatshirties.

Kwixotik

Have yall seen what a Ratking actually is? Looks like some shit out of Dark Souls.

Ratking.jpg

Rat kings are phenomena said to arise when a number of rats become intertwined at their tails, which become stuck together with blood, dirt, ice, feces or simply knotted.

Also just listened to So It Goes, it's great

Esch

Banned
Esch's love for Currensy doesn't make too much sense. I've just learned to accept it.
Reasons why I think Curren$y is a great rapper:

- Overall, he understands the importance of atmosphere extremely well. He picks the perfect beats and features to compliment the tone of his verses. He is the ideal 'less is more' rapper. He picks a theme for his very cohesive projects (even some of those that are blatant throwaway shit), and then follows through with it consistently. He also has one of the best ears for beats in rap history, just in general. His best projects flow great from point A to point B in a natural, organic manner no matter what the theme is.

- Has a wonderful delivery. No one in hip hop really sounds quite like him, with that lazy hazed out flow that he can speed up for the more energetic tracks. The only guy of consequence who kinda comes close to that is French. And French makes worse music.

- Makes the most relatable hustler raps in hip hop. Whereas everyone else tells taller tales and I enjoy those, Spitta's small business get money raps are appealing to me because they feel more believable.

- Is really the only guy in the drug rap lane who makes drug rap that isn't some kinda corny weirdo shit or some loser lonely stoner music like Kid Cudi. Ever since Kanye came out, there's been a glut of lames like that and I don't have time for their whiny bullshit.

Overall yeah. He's repetitive in lyrical content, and has a lot of misses. But his hits hit hard as fuck, and he can't be beat in the underrated 'Lounge Rap' lane.
Love is not meant to be understood.

Also on some level, this.

HiResDes

New Antwon on its way:

Antwon - Cold Tears

Tracklisting:

Rain Song featuring Lil Ugly Mane (produced by Shawn Kemp)
During Mimis (produced by Cities Aviv)
Cold Tears (produced by Matrixxman)
Don’t Care featuring Sad Andy (produced by Suicideyear)
Loser (produced by Stacy)
Baby Hair (produced by Tulip Pezley)
No Metro Nome featuring Wiki (produced by Lord Pusswhip & Vrong)
Mr. Intercontinental (produced by Walsh)
KLF ELF featuring Heems & Lakutis (produced by Pictureplane)
Stop (produced by Dayfade)
Break Yo Back (produced by Ohbliv)
143 featuring Andre Martel (produced by Froskees)

...Coming May 6

L'Orange Releases New Album

In the amber light of destruction, L'Orange captures the beauty of a fragile world with his new album The Orchid Days. A love story set at the Earth's end, The Orchid Days is told through the use of prohibition-era samples and a solemn menagerie of drums. The instrumental narrative adds guest appearances from Homeboy Sandman, Blu, Jeremiah Jae, Erica Lane, and Billy Woods to round out the cast

Also new Hus Kingpin & Chuck Strangers:

Hus-Kingpin_Chuck-Strangers.jpg

STREAM HERE

Macca

Irishninja: We're hosting weekly Marvel/SSF4 tournaments on Friday nights around 9PM. Not sure if you play fighting games, but if you do, that's a good time to slide. They also have Xbox One there, if that's your thing.
What Wii U games do you have? Shenmue tournament?

Vorheez

Yeah I'm not familiar with ratking at all but this wiki dude is crazy, love the emotion he puts into his freestyles. I'll have to check out the album you guys keep raving about.

Is it a free mixtape or an actual release?

Kimosabae

Banned
Vorheez:

I would check youtube and the Wiki 93' EP first, if that vid impressed you. Those will give you a better idea of Wiki's actual rap talent and style rather than So it Goes.

imo

What Wii U games do you have? Shenmue tournament?

lmao.

We have 3D Worlds, DKC, et al. There's only one Wii U because the system won't be relevant until Smash releases (we have a respectable Smash contingent) but people often get down on multiplayer 3D Worlds and it's fun to watch the nonsense that happens onscreen.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who is on that 300 label? I just did a quick search but I'm not getting anything back
Eric Bellinger
Raz Simone

I have no idea who either are

300, as a label, is basically a similar idea to what New Music Cartel is doing with their new label. Cutting out a lot of middlemen and traditional promotional costs, relying a lot more on self-promotion that seems to be working better than anything else in a post-So Far Gone industry landscape.

big ander

Just played that RATKING too, liked it plenty. I grabbed Wiki93 when it came out and never played it, one of those releases that just stays on yr "to listen" pile, so I went in not really knowing anything about the dudes. way interesting stuff, instrumentally and lyrically. Feels carefully cluttered, packed full of ideas and sounds but still ordered and never overstuffed. Canal>Snow Beach>So Sick Stories and So It Goes>Puerto Rican Judo>Protein are 2 goddamn solid runs (Judo is silly as hell but after some harder songs it was nice to get something simple and smoother). Songs in between and around those were decent except Take, which I thought was a really weak finale.
Yeah I'm not familiar with ratking at all but this wiki dude is crazy, love the emotion he puts into his freestyles. I'll have to check out the album you guys keep raving about.

Is it a free mixtape or an actual release?

Actual release, their first full-length. out on XL. Far as I know all they had before that was their EP also on Xl.

no he only did i'm in it as far as i'm aware. but that's got the most wild stuff going on in the entire album. plus his solo stuff is dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom