• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
LTTP Disregard if old ect...

67bac46e2da905dd2f65ca01db8c51d9.jpeg

Boondock's Mixtape

PS: Over 30 Crew Represent!!

Gorillaz

happy bday Esch
22 years here and it's really a weird feeling... I've been a kid my whole life and now I look in the mirror and have to cope with the fact that I'm not... Yeah I'm dealing with some feels at this time in life... pretty lost as to where it's going, what my purpose is, etc.

Same age and been thinking the same thing as of late. Good to know it wasn't just me.

22 years here and it's really a weird feeling... I've been a kid my whole life and now I look in the mirror and have to cope with the fact that I'm not... Yeah I'm dealing with some feels at this time in life... pretty lost as to where it's going, what my purpose is, etc.

Same age and been thinking the same thing as of late. Good to know it wasn't just me.

It's called a quarter life crisis and it happens a lot. You guys will be fine. Most people don't figure out their shit until their late twenties, if that early at all. Just keep taking in experiences and adding to who you are. There's a bunch of my friends who got stuck in the "what do I even want to do" phase, which is fine, but they let it sap the willpower out of them and now they're getting left behind the curve.

Esch

Banned
Yep. I feel the quarter life demon on my shoulder too but I know what I want to do. Just gotta accept that the men of our generation have to work harder and smarter to succeed. Sucks cock but what can you do. I wish id figured it out in high school. Woulda spent more time on the right stuff.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's called a quarter life crisis and it happens a lot. You guys will be fine. Most people don't figure out their shit until their late twenties, if that early at all. Just keep taking in experiences and adding to who you are. There's a bunch of my friends who got stuck in the "what do I even want to do" phase, which is fine, but they let it sap the willpower out of them and now they're getting left behind the curve.

Yeah I agree, your still young enough to do things to see if it fits and if necessary start over and you would still be ahead of the curve.

Yep. I feel the quarter life demon on my shoulder too but I know what I want to do. Just gotta accept that the men of our generation have to work harder and smarter to succeed. Sucks cock but what can you do. I wish id figured it out in high school. Woulda spent more time on the right stuff.

30 years old, my career hasn't even really started yet, but I think I'm in a pretty good position. Don't worry about it, just get on your grind now.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

It's all good E! Don't sweat it!

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30s Crew! We are 2 Legit 2 Quit!

Born in 95, started reading GAF at 15.

Honestly, the biggest draw for me on this site was GAF-Hop. Those OT's put me on to so much music and the antics were always fun to watch unfold. I like to think this community had a role in developing the jaded cynicism that's become such an integral part in who I am, and I never said thank you.

So thank you, GAF-Hop, and Happy Birthday Esch.
giphy.gif

I like where I'm at but god I'd be so much better off if I had a more clear focus in high school/early college.

Always hate hearing old people complain about this generation when we're the people who will be taking care of their sorry asses for the next few decades. Too bad we can't just build a 5 trillion dollar space ship and shoot all 55+ year olds into space. It would stimulate the economy and cut entitlement spending.

nah, but seriously fuck old people throwing shade

Cudder

I like where I'm at but god I'd be so much better off if I had a more clear focus in high school/early college.

Always hate hearing old people complain about this generation when we're the people who will be taking care of their sorry asses for the next few decades. Too bad we can't just build a 5 trillion dollar space ship and shoot all 55+ year olds into space. It would stimulate the economy and cut entitlement spending.

fuckin kids. off my lawn.

Esch

Banned

Yeah basically. If so i'd have been sitting on better research and shit even though I'm doing fine now. it is what it is. We all gotta spend some time soul searching though.

And yeah fuck them. The baby boomers really are the worst. I love my parents, but their generation is garbage.

thanks again for bday wishes.

cdyhybrid

I feel the same way. I bet more people than not would tell you they wished they did high school/college differently, but that's life. I didn't have shit going for me until 25, 3 years out of college. It's not the end of the world.

Just stay on top of shit and the quarter-life demon will vanish.

Esch

Banned
Most of the racists and homophobic neo conservatives were born in or before the baby boomers

The racism and the homophobia is one thing. The reason the baby boomers can eat all the dicks is because they're the biggest flip flopping lames in the history of america. I'd go into full detail but here's

Paul Begala's vicious, etherous destruction of why they're a bunch of shitty hypocrites and i love sharing it.

Started out as this justice anticulture generation then went back on it, sucked corporate penis with dyson vacuum furiousness. Fuck them. Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic?

I feel the same way. I bet more people than not would tell you they wished they did high school/college differently, but that's life. I didn't have shit going for me until 25, 3 years out of college. It's not the end of the world.

Just stay on top of shit and the quarter-life demon will vanish.

Yup. It especially feels good once you're able to help your friends get in the door.

JohnDoe

Banned
The racism and the homophobia is one thing. The reason the baby boomers can eat all the dicks is because they're the biggest flip flopping lames in the history of america. I'd go into full detail but here's

Paul Begala's vicious, etherous destruction of why they're a bunch of shitty hypocrites and i love sharing it.

Started out as this justice anticulture generation then went back on it, sucked corporate penis with dyson vacuum furiousness. Fuck them. Is it Oochie Wally or is it One Mic?

Goddamn!

Agent Coulson went in.

cdyhybrid

pG5AdfN.png

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Happy Birthday Esch!

You couldn't have summarized my state in life any better.

I turn 22 in June and.. shit has never looked bleaker. I mean, I have some experiences under my belt, but it's looking pretty bad. I might have inadvertently fucked my chances of getting into grad school while being demotivated these past few years. Its like years of planning collapsing at all once, and suddenly it's "okay you're fucked, so what now?"

I think I need the year off to figure out life TBH. But if you had asked me this years ago I would have looked down upon taking any years off between schooling. Not tryna be 30 and still in school, but I may just be now.

*goes back to preparing second thesis paper*

Everyone knows 93' was the best year to be born in..

Damn straight, live from 93' til

My ninjas.

Has the Future talk already passed? My thoughts: Few bangers (T Shirt and Honest - the obvious standouts) but the album definitely overstays its welcome. 18 tracks? Come on Fyutch. 10-12 solid jams would have been more than satisfactory, and as much as I enjoy Future's autocrooning, I was bored by the end.

Also, happy birthday Esch.

Has the Future talk already passed? My thoughts: Few bangers (T Shirt and Honest - the obvious standouts) but the album definitely overstays its welcome. 18 tracks? Come on Fyutch. 10-12 solid jams would have been more than satisfactory, and as much as I enjoy Future's autocrooning, I was bored by the end.

Is the whole thing out in full now ? Will give my impressions when I get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom