• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rae is right. Wu is putting out the blandest possible shit. The production is garbage.
Was about to post this. Rae knows exactly what would probably make a good Wu album in 2014. Especially that bit where he said they could probably get any producer in the game because it's the fucking clan. Sad affair :(

Rae is a dumbass who can't even release his own album, and constantly picks dated production, but I agree with him. Keep Watch sounds off, especially that hook. The rapping is fine of course, but it doesn't sound like a relevant record. It's a 2004 era mixtape quality song. This is 2014, if you want a singing hook get someone with a name to do it.

The money will never be right for Rae because he doesn't understand the Wu has little power today. This isn't a case of getting the gang together for one last run, and one last big check. They aren't Led Zeppelin. Unless they want to sign a 360 deal and go on a massive world tour.

In a perfect world the eight rappers (originals+Cappa) would show some initiative and do something on their own - not some half assed shit like Wu Massacre, but an actual Wu Tang project. Go to Cali, work with Alchemist and even OF (Tyler's beats fit the Wu well), maybe some TDE producers or Kanye. Invite RZA to do bring some beats n rhymes. The point here is that you can't wait for RZA to tell you what to do, then complain about RZA telling you what to do. Make the first move and force RZA to respond. If he doesn't want to attend so be it - and if he tries to sue them for using the Wu name without his permission, he looks like the asshole.

The point here is that the Wu needs to get off their ass.

kodecraft

Andre 3000 feat Future ~ Benz Friendz (WatChuTola)

edit-10090-1397580075-22.jpg

........I know it's really Future feat Andre 3000, but I want more Outkast-ish (WatChuTola slang) music.

Grzi

I was recently thinking about the sound the Wu should embrace in 2014., and the first beat that came to mind is this.

I can literally hear the song in my head, Deck opening up with a vicious verse, everybody spitting that Kung-Fu shit over this cold-ass beat, it's glorious brehs.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Rae is a dumbass who can't even release his own album, and constantly picks dated production, but I agree with him. Keep Watch sounds off, especially that hook. The rapping is fine of course, but it doesn't sound like a relevant record. It's a 2004 era mixtape quality song. This is 2014, if you want a singing hook get someone with a name to do it.

The money will never be right for Rae because he doesn't understand the Wu has little power today. This isn't a case of getting the gang together for one last run, and one last big check. They aren't Led Zeppelin. Unless they want to sign a 360 deal and go on a massive world tour.

In a perfect world the eight rappers (originals+Cappa) would show some initiative and do something on their own - not some half assed shit like Wu Massacre, but an actual Wu Tang project. Go to Cali, work with Alchemist and even OF (Tyler's beats fit the Wu well), maybe some TDE producers or Kanye. Invite RZA to do bring some beats n rhymes. The point here is that you can't wait for RZA to tell you what to do, then complain about RZA telling you what to do. Make the first move and force RZA to respond. If he doesn't want to attend so be it - and if he tries to sue them for using the Wu name without his permission, he looks like the asshole.

None of this shit will ever happen, but it's nice to dream.

overcast

I'll be at least in the city, GF is going for sure. If I can't get Lykke Li tickets for low enough in LA I'm going to see her there.
Me and my friend are just going on Friday. Cause I really didn't like Saturday's lineup and Sunday is meh for me aside from a few artists. Never been to a festival, I'll have to show up early as hell to wait for Kanye, won't i.

wenis

Me and my friend are just going on Friday. Cause I really didn't like Saturday's lineup and Sunday is meh for me aside from a few artists. Never been to a festival, I'll have to show up early as hell to wait for Kanye, won't i.

I was there for Radioheads appearance at the first OSL and I got a good vantage point about an hour before their set started. Kanye might be crazier, but who knows. Golden Gate park tho is pretty wide and spacious, even with the festival layout it's pretty hard to get a bum view unless you happen to be stuck behind a group of 8ft tall people with wide bodies.

IrishNinja

... The point here is that you can't wait for RZA to tell you what to do, then complain about RZA telling you what to do. Make the first move and force RZA to respond. If he doesn't want to attend so be it - and if he tries to sue them for using the Wu name without his permission, he looks like the asshole.

yup

Just Blaze Dr. Dre

Q-Tip and Dr. Dre

Not trying to get my hopes up on Detox but...

prolly like 4 volumes of detox contributions in the vault already, no reason they can't add to the apocrypha

Rae is right for the wrong reasons.

Yeah I agree with the musical direction and production points.

But if Raes contract was right you better believe that fat motherfucker would be all over it regardless of the quality.

Basically the money ain't right so that's why he's comin out with all this, it's all about the money.

Plus his ego can't handle the fact that his only classic album came from Rza.

wenis

des just stepped this thread game up. whose next to be a dad? time will tellllllllllllllllllll.

other news:

I'm planning a 27th birthday party / house warming this year and I'm throwin together a big ass playlist for this shit. I'll also be renting out some arcade cabinets and at least 2 kegs. I'm doin' it right for the 27th only because that's the year you could die like a rock star.

so I'm bound to miss some shit for the playlist, throw out some must need/have tracks in there. hip.hop/soul/funk/rock/dance

I'll organize it over the next month into a good flow, I don't care what era, I'll make it work right. I'll probably even find spots for an ACE mix or two.

des just stepped this thread game up. whose next to be a dad? time will tellllllllllllllllllll.

other news:

I'm planning a 27th birthday party / house warming this year and I'm throwin together a big ass playlist for this shit. I'll also be renting out some arcade cabinets and at least 2 kegs. I'm doin' it right for the 27th only because that's the year you could die like a rock star.

so I'm bound to miss some shit for the playlist, throw out some must need/have tracks in there. hip.hop/soul/funk/rock/dance

I'll organize it over the next month into a good flow, I don't care what era, I'll make it work right. I'll probably even find spots for an ACE mix or two.

Two must haves:

Ain't No Fun

Players Club

Re-listening to CL2 after the discussion we had...shit is still amazing. On Black Mozart right now, who is gonna deny this classic Deck verse?

we gonna pretend like the first 10 tracks are great?

Cheddahz

Banned
After reading about Christ Bearer cutting off his dick and jumping off the building, I'm pretty convinced that he thought he wasn't a true Wu Tang warrior and was committing suicide the way a samurai would (in the modern day world)

In real life news, I just got a bunch of grant money for school next year, so I'm stoked about that and I've been getting ready for this art show that's going to open next Friday, so that's always fun

Man your baby is super cute Des
Re-listening to CL2 after the discussion we had...shit is still amazing. On Black Mozart right now, who is gonna deny this classic Deck verse?

we gonna pretend like the first 10 tracks are great?

That's what I'm saying and I ain't even hardcore Wu fan like most here

The level at which Kanye objectifies his "wife" is pretty off putting, especially on that song. And then he calls her sisters trophies as well, while noting how he won he over NFL and NBA players...it's like dude, what?

Cudder

Have Songza running 90s hits and Ginuwine - Pony came on. *WHEW*, forgot that one. Makes me wanna grab the first halfway decent looking girl on this train home and grind the fuck out of her.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The level at which Kanye objectifies his "wife" is pretty off putting, especially on that song. And then he calls her sisters trophies as well, while noting how he won he over NFL and NBA players...it's like dude, what?
It is pretty strange. Especially when you write a song called Perfect Bitch about your fiance and brag about how she got famous off of a home movie.

I think the comments about Obama/Michelle was when it crossed the line from strange into delusion.

DominoKid

you can't wife up Kim Kardashian if you're going to try to act like her past doesn't exist. Ye is better off for steering into the fuckery rather than trying to avoid it. because it's impossible to avoid it.

Esch

Banned
Pretty standard for Kanye dude. Like Domino said if you're gonna take the combined L/W that is marrying a Kardashian you gotta just embrace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom