• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is pretty strange. Especially when you write a song called Perfect Bitch about your fiance and brag about how she got famous off of a home movie.

I think the comments about Obama/Michelle was when it crossed the line from strange into delusion.

which one? when he said Kim Kardashian was more influential than Michelle?

The level at which Kanye objectifies his "wife" is pretty off putting, especially on that song. And then he calls her sisters trophies as well, while noting how he won he over NFL and NBA players...it's like dude, what?

Like giving yourself a medal for lapping joggers on the track.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Wu-Fans trying to set free some flabby and sick tracks for 5 milli.

dwilliek9j.png

Calvero

Banned
Okay, just because I was going through the thread a whole bunch of pages back and saw a lot of people saying that Atmosphere sucks....
Can you guys elaborate on that a bit? What's so bad about Atmosphere? D:

overcast

I was there for Radioheads appearance at the first OSL and I got a good vantage point about an hour before their set started. Kanye might be crazier, but who knows. Golden Gate park tho is pretty wide and spacious, even with the festival layout it's pretty hard to get a bum view unless you happen to be stuck behind a group of 8ft tall people with wide bodies.
I'll show up early regardless. Thanks for the info, I'm 6'3, so typically I'm that tall asshole people hate. I'll wait and hope that the people leading up to him are decent. I agree with Syph, your party sounds amazing. Gonna have to steal that idea one day.

Wu Tang album would suck anyway.

I wonder if Solo even has anything left to say. He talked about all that conspiracy shit on his last album. I don't want Lizard people raps. I could barely stand him last time, if he's putting out tracks with bars about some Nic Cage National Treasure level shit I'm done with him.

That being said, the only time he seems to care about his lyrics is when he's on his ancient alien shit, better he stay there than give us another "Smoke Again"

"We kicked it then I scored. Soccer game. She was a phony goalie." You mean to tell me no one told him to go back into the booth and try again?

Okay, just because I was going through the thread a whole bunch of pages back and saw a lot of people saying that Atmosphere sucks....
I think we just joke about them, but admit they have some good music. I just don't like the one note flow and generic hardship tales of dancers trying to pay for college and her brother's medication because he has cancer. He wants to be an astronaut and travel space but has never known a loving embrace. So he sells his medication for cash and dumpster dives in the trash. Etc

Esch

Banned
I think suck is the wrong word, but they're just brutally corny. The maudlin lyrics especially. Plus like PD said the actual rap skill isn't that good, though I do occasionally like their acoustic whiteboy production. It's pretty good.

I fux with Boldy although I'm a bit biased since he's from Detroit...bu why sign him to anything? He released a top 5 album last year IMO but I don't see him having a lot of potential. He has no mainstream appeal and hasn't built a fan base yet.

Tokubetsu

I fux with Boldy although I'm a bit biased since he's from Detroit...bu why sign him to anything? He released a top 5 album last year IMO but I don't see him having a lot of potential. He has no mainstream appeal and hasn't built a fan base yet.

Unless he works with Alchemist again he will probably never drop another thing of value.

Nas is gonna Nas though so we shouldn't be too surprised he signed someone like Boldy.

Yo, like why can't Nas do an entire Alchemist album? If only there was a god brehs

Tree's "Stay Away"

Esch

Banned
With all my heart, I truly hate Hov / Beyonce collabs. They're bad with the exception of Crazy in Love (bonnie and clyde is OK i guess) it needs to stop. He's going on tour with her, he better not waste time on a duet album with her. The whole outlaw/good girl dualities thing is wack. They're filming an On the Run video too for the single, SMH.

Shoulda remixed Heaven with Rae and Ghost, and pushed Crown as a single instead.

won't lie, I loved On The Run when MCHG hit our Android phones and shit of that nature

but now that shit's totally overplayed and I see it for its corniness

Esch

Banned
won't lie, I loved On The Run when MCHG hit our Android phones and shit of that nature

but now that shit's totally overplayed and I see it for its corniness

It's just a stupid song. Nobody cares about how your wife 'turned you into a good guy' and you 'turned up her ratchet'. These two are making songs about their mid life Eyes Wide Shut crisis and it's just... nah. They could be making crazy influential empowerment music if they were so inclined, wasted opportunity.
In before Jay is biting from Kanye again with motorcycle romance.

Nah, Jay was first with the motorcycle shit in the Vol. 3 / Dynasty era and the outlaw/good girl thing has been a common theme with all jay/bey collabs since the first.

DominoKid

It's just a stupid song. Nobody cares about how your wife 'turned you into a good guy' and you 'turned up her ratchet'. These two are making songs about their mid life Eyes Wide Shut crisis and it's just... nah. They could be making crazy influential empowerment music if they were so inclined, wasted opportunity.

Nah, Jay was first with the motorcycle shit in the Vol. 3 / Dynasty era and the outlaw/good girl thing has been a common theme with all jay/bey collabs since the first.

i'd love to see them even attempt this. it'd be so bad.

Esch

Banned
i'd love to see them even attempt this. it'd be so bad.

Only if he came preachy instead of greedy, her hook is whatever. He should be making entrepreneur venture capitalist ambition music and just embrace it. It's the one thing he really understands front to back.

Is he wearing skinny jeans? Smh

Nope, even worse. i'm pretty sure those are leather biker pants.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Jay really living the dream....
of a middle aged stock broker who never exactly landed the big one, but still likes to go out with his weekend warrior buddies and zip around on their motorcycles like tough guys and end up at a TGIFridays at the end of the night, around 8pm because church is tomorrow.

HiResDes

Thanks for all the baby compliments, never thought I'd be able to be a daddy, but she's so easy going and doesn't give a fuck just like me...She's pretty cool.

Thanks for all the baby compliments, never thought I'd be able to be a daddy, but she's so easy going and doesn't give a fuck just like me...She's pretty cool.

The question we all have...what music, if any, does she respond to the most? My cousin's baby really liked jazz, and now she's 6 and learning to play the piano.

overcast

Des is gonna raise that girl with exquisite taste.

Girl came into work today. Looked like Sza with (ever so slightly) lighter skin. she was wearing a crop top. Killed me guys. That stomach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom