• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Future made a better album than Q. Just being honest.
Naw. But lets stop talking about these albums before people yell at us.
and the features were better
image.php

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
That Pharrell album is really hard to go back to. Like 2 tracks stuck around my iphone, but the rest are immediately forgettable.

Don't know what happened to that dude, but yeeeeeeeesh.

HiResDes

What are everyone's favorite Lil B projects, here's my top ten:

1. 6 Kiss
2. Red Flame
3. Black Ken
4. Blue Flame
5. #1 Bitch
6. 100% Percent Gutta
7. Bitch Mob Respect Da Bitch Vol.1
8. Task Force
9. Pink Flame
10. White Flame

...Let's start the BASEDGOD cycle

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I don't think I've listened to more than 2 or 3 full projects, but Angels Exodus has a pretty high concentration of my favourite Lil B songs ever.

Also whatever Ellen Degeneres was on.

overcast

I've listened to 2-3 Based God albums, and been through them once and never looked back. Few songs I know well... Don't know what to tell you guys. I just don't listen to dude.

HiResDes

Hey guys I work thirds most days of the weeks, which means I can never make it to most plug.dj seshes...Anyone down for one in a little bit?

DominoKid

I know my top 4 are

1. White Flame
2. Gods Father
3. Based Jam
4. #1 Bitch

I need that Hoop Life cause everything off that been fire so far.

Esch

Banned
50 interview with Funk Flex. Damn, Banks really is the bum of all bums. 50 is responsible for all of that momentum dude had when he broke back out, and financed it all too and this dude does nothing with it?

The first record you're ever on, I put you on a track with Em, fool.
Does he use the words:

actual
space
record
momentum
competition
aggressive
content

5000 times during this interview too?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Does he use the words:

actual
space
record
momentum
competition
aggressive
content

5000 times during this interview too?
Well 50 uses actually a lot, but its a relatively tamer conversation than you'd expect with 50. It's not really about his new album, more of the demise of G-Unit and stuff.

Another GOAT quote:

You want $2 Million for Ma$e? Ma$e ain't worth $2M with $2M in his pocket

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
yup

Listening now and he's already taking shots at Jimmy Iovine. Breh...your music sucks.
This is straight hater shit lol

50 has pretty good reasons for why he doesn't respect Iovine as much as he used to. He's explained the same shit over and over in every interview now.

Also Big 10 sucked so much, I don't get what any of y'all see in that tape. The shit off Animal Ambition does the old 50 with a tinge of new feel much better than that crap.

DominoKid

50 has pretty good reasons for why he doesn't respect Iovine as much as he used to. He's explained the same shit over and over in every interview now.

Also Big 10 sucked so much, I don't get what any of y'all see in that tape. The shit off Animal Ambition does the old 50 with a tinge of new feel much better than that crap.

but it still sucks tho.

Esch

Banned

Well actually i feel that 50's actual music is in a 2007 space with that aggressive content. The momentum is actually momentous, but it's pretty clear at this point that he's about to drop a sonically dated and artistically aimless record in actuality. Upon watching more of these interviews, it's like 50 cent is in an actual space of competition and content being subpar so he's trolling as many people as he can, but on some limp actual dick shit unlike the momentum he had with records in 2003. Saying that he made Hov retire, trying to aggresively pee on all the execs that actually fed him his career space. It's actually pathetic and you can tell he actually knows his album is going to go actual sub - J.Cole numbers.

Jimmy was upset that 50 decided to compete against his boss' headset business. That's a legitimate beef, IMO. 50 wants to act like he didn't know what he was doing would be an issue but he knew what he was doing. He's always been passive aggressive like that.

Now he's indie, making shitty music that can't even get decent youtube view numbers. What an L, brehs. Schoolboy Q sold 130k with minor radio play. 50 won't top 80k.

Well actually i feel that 50's actual music is in a 2007 space with that aggressive content. The momentum is actually momentous, but it's pretty clear at this point that he's about to drop a sonically dated and artistically aimless record in actuality. Upon watching more of these interviews, it's like 50 cent is in an actual space of competition and content being subpar so he's trolling as many people as he can, but on some limp actual dick shit unlike the momentum he had with records in 2003. Saying that he made Hov retire, trying to aggresively pee on all the execs that actually fed him his career space. It's actually pathetic and you can tell he actually knows his album is going to go actual sub - J.Cole numbers.

aggressive posting

big ander

New Chance song. The title is lol worthy.
The whole song is hilarious, I hope he's not serious. if the whole thing's supposed to be tongue-in-cheek it's successful at being ridiculous
First Thugger track I've instantly liked (even stoner took some time to grow on me)
Why thanks! I've been following the label for two years or so now and yeah, they're personally one of my favorites as well. I even copped the second pressing of the Ricky Eat Acid record (sorry for the shitty picture)
Hell yeah, fav album of the year, have the first pressing haha. I like the pink better than my electric blue though (ideally would've gotten the baby blue).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
That's just him talking his shit before he breaks out. He does this every time, he knows its a part of his marketing strategy. Thing is, 50 is doing his job in making some noise, and that's all he wants. I think people are stupid if they think 50 is not eating unless he goes plat either, with his current situation if dude does Gold in the records lifetime he's swimming in cash because of the higher cut he'll get. Focusing on the numbers means jack shit when he's still a household name and now in control of his own project. Sub-J. Cole numbers is still good (Cole did super well).

Agreed on being sonically dated, though.

Jimmy was upset that 50 decided to compete against his boss' headset business. That's a legitimate beef, IMO. 50 wants to act like he didn't know what he was doing would be an issue but he knew what he was doing. He's always been passive aggressive like that.

Now he's indie, making shitty music that can't even get decent youtube view numbers. What an L, brehs. Schoolboy Q sold 130k with minor radio play. 50 won't top 80k.
Like 50 said, Russell didn't tell everyone on Def Jam not to pursue their own clothing lines. 50 doesn't act like there wasn't competition either, he even said they were straight up about it and they had nothing to say when he gave them the Russell example too. Not only that, but 50 said he complied when they asked him not to promote it in his own videos too, and Iovine still gave him the shit end of the stick.

What are you talking about shitty YT numbers? Every single track off of Animal Ambition gets a million in a few days after putting it out; half of them are over 2 million. Y'all the same people that said Q would go triple wood. Look at how well all the supposed "dud" singles did too. His last video came out a day ago and is at half a milli.

- - -

Sometimes I feel like y'all really stretch goals for artists; like going Gold in hip-hop is still common; or that it means much for people who aren't stuck with horrible 360 deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom