• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bm0I_tZCIAATQCo.jpg

Toronto Shirt, with a New York hat. Ready to bandwagon whoever wins.

He just welcomes criticism, doesn't he. Fucking fruit.

How do yall feel about rappers rapping off beat on purpose? I see it is joke when people like Jay-Z do it, but it clearly isn't on purpose.

Example and I know MF Doom is another obvious example, but I would like to talk about this without him.

Esch

Banned
How do yall feel about rappers rapping off beat on purpose? I see it is joke when people like Jay-Z do it, but it clearly isn't on purpose.

Example and I know MF Doom is another obvious example, but I would like to talk about this without him.

You can't claim to be a fan of Kendrick Lamar and hate this.

troll.png

CRS

Talib Kewli is the worst offender for me. It was fine when he was a part of Black Star since he would get back on beat and had Mos to bounce off of as well.

I think it all comes down to getting on back beat and how you do it. 3K using the "get down" at the end of every verse does it for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

If it sounds bad to my ear, it's bad. And it's usually bad. All it does is create more dissonance between different parts of a song (i.e. beat/melody/lyrics) and that's generally a bad thing.

It can be used to good effect very rarely.

Big Sean also does it for a few seconds on some of his feature verses and I'd argue those are his hottest verses
Usually not for the moments where he goes off-beat though. Sean's biggest strength is flow, that's what makes his hottest and most memorable verses.

RPS37

Hey guys. I haven't been around for a while, but I've got a random question. I've had part of this song stuck in my head for a while and can't find it online.
The lyrics are something like
"I'm Chris Paul I'm this far from a discharge(???) but never will I diss y'all"
Props if anyone can figure it out.

You have Denons though right? They aren't on the level of D5000s or even D2000s

Nah, k550s, which were around $300 at the time I got em. I love them, and I don't expect the pair I just bought to compete obv. But it will be nice to have a cheaper set I can run around with, cause I'm scared to take my akgs out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom