• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

outside of Noila i dont think you could pay me enough to live in louisiana. it's some bullshit everytime i go out that way.

Living in a big Midwest city is straight. We get that water straight from the Mississippi(gods vagina status), good produce, cheap quality land, everyone speaks fuckin english, .. it's not hip or glitzy, but it nails the basics. Plus people are real out here basically.

you ever run into that deep south shit though? even in big cities in texas, there was black/mexican/etc parts of town and again, anecdotal but my fellow CAC's would occasionally throw around the n-word like it's the word cunt and people should just be cool with that. did you grow up out that way, and if so, you run into that unpleasantness much? cause fuck every ethnic chick i hook up with on either coast acted like they'd be some zoo exhibit in some rosewood spots or some shit, which is silly but still

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Actually, its not socal that rustles my jimmies. Its just LA, and the people who live in it. Im waiting for that place to become Mexico City 3rd world status as these temperatures rise.

LA is enormous. Come parts suck, some parts are amazing.

But south of LA down through San Diego is pretty much all awesome, I'll give you that.

Tokubetsu

Just try to enjoy where you're at and what it has to offer to the fullest and If you can't I hope you get somewhere better soon.

Actually, its not socal that rustles my jimmies. Its just LA, and the people who live in it. Im waiting for that place to become Mexico City 3rd world status as these temperatures rise.

Fuck LA

#oxyjustwaitonit

1372987776_kanye-shrug-yeezy-2.jpg

I'll never understand the hate for my city.

IrishNinja

pete your musical taste is mostly turrible, you can't go leaving MIA like other places would have you now

Just try to enjoy where you're at and what it has to offer to the fullest and If you can't I hope you get somewhere better soon.

this is way too peaceful for a s. FL post

Gentlemen, and WW, prefer blondes.

i won't kick a redhead outta bed if she's built but if i want a pretty blonde ima look inna mirror nahmean

worst part about dallas clubs years back was ordinary-ass b-cup/noassatall blondes having been gassed up like they're some hot shit i should be buying multiple rounds for. ho do you have myspace, lemme show you what i pull in proper cities so you can act right

Esch

Banned
LA is enormous. Come parts suck, some parts are amazing.

But south of LA down through San Diego is pretty much all awesome, I'll give you that.
This is true. I go there pretty often since my uncle lives there. I actually think part of the reason I dislike LA is it seems all over the place city planning wise.

you ever run into that deep south shit though? even in big cities in texas, there was black/mexican/etc parts of town and again, anecdotal but my fellow CAC's would occasionally throw around the n-word like it's the word cunt and people should just be cool with that. did you grow up out that way, and if so, you run into that unpleasantness much? cause fuck every ethnic chick i hook up with on either coast acted like they'd be some zoo exhibit in some rosewood spots or some shit, which is silly but still
Maaan who gives a fuck. Racism is everywhere. Actually people in the Midwest are overwhelmingly polite and mild mannered. A few of them might moonlight in white hoods or be involved in urban planning targeted to destroy communities, but you know, they keep it to themselves.

Esch

Banned
I'll never understand the hate for my city.
I just have horrible memories of it man. Long awful commutes from place to place in a hot sticky car with my dipshit cousins raised on Nickelodeon and skater/surfer culture. Fake as fuck people. Shit air quality, shit water. Nothing green. Lakers fans. Rich orange county kids whose houses we'd trash. People trying to tell me in and out is anything more than a run of the mill burger with drywall fries.

Most of all though is the city sprawl. How am I gonna connect to mother earth like that man? You tell me.

overcast

Lol I don't hate LA- never been. Just making a bad Q joke, I'm that thirsty.
Yeah, I still need that shit to bump in my car for the full impression lol.

Esch hates in n out too? So Cal isn't THAT fake from what I've seen. I just assume most people in general kind of suck. From anywhere. LA has character and it's a fun ass place IMO. San Diego is typically nicer, but to me it's lacking something. Traffic is a bitch of course.

San Diego is a really cool city for a few days. Caught a Baseball game down there, it was very Dodger fan friendly. It was like a highschool game, about a 50/50 split.

Gaslamp is pretty legit for bar hopping.

WanderingWind

I'm trying to like Strider, but it's a boring slog until you get to the mid and end bosses. Those are a blast. The rest is so very, very meh.

PBY

Banned
Toronto run Miami breh.

For reals though, everything you ever hear outta Florida is straight negative.

Ninja hunting season out there smh. Wouldn't go unless I was paid tbh.

Fuck the heat too
Miami is different

I'd say fuck the raptors too, but I don't watch D league teams

IrishNinja

everybody hates a winner

and here's what you canucks/most of ignant gaf dont know about FL:

1) our media reports everything all over (jon stewart's talked about this) so our dumb stories come up more often
2) you can divide the state at the disney line in the middle; the northern part is old ass CACs who wanna be part of the south but are bitterly rejected & hate us south floridaians because no one talks about them unless it's an embarrassing story (see # 1)

not even kidding, lotta minority dudes i know don't like going past orlando, shit's a whole other state. traffic & shitty public transportation aside we're doing pretty good out here

PBY

Banned
everybody hates a winner

1) our media reports everything all over (jon stewart's talked about this) so our dumb stories come up more often
2) you can divide the state at the disney line in the middle; the northern part is old ass CACs who wanna be part of the south but are bitterly rejected & hate us south floridaians because no one talks about them unless it's an embarrassing story (see # 1)

not even kidding, lotta minority dudes i know don't like going past orlando, shit's a whole other state. traffic & shitty public transportation aside we're doing pretty good out here
I'm Cuban- no Cubans north of Orlando .

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm trying to like Strider, but it's a boring slog until you get to the mid and end bosses. Those are a blast. The rest is so very, very meh.
I hear if you don't play it on Hard you're essentially playing some watered down version made to mash through.

everybody hates a winner

Is #1 supposed to make up for the level of fuckery that is exhibited?

WanderingWind

of course you do, WW. our kind projects.

This is true. But I thought Exile was black for the longest time, so it goes both ways.

I hear if you don't play it on Hard you're essentially playing some watered down version made to mash through.

I'll switch over and see how that works. Normal is exactly how you described, until the bosses, which are challenging and pretty neat.

IrishNinja

^aint loadin b

you're a badass cyber-ninja who fucks shit up on the daily. you're made to feel that way until bosses smack you up a bit, but yeah, hard mode's there if you need something more.

Is #1 supposed to make up for the level of fuckery that is exhibited?

i don't know how to answer this, because as a white dude i never have to watch WSHH and worry that another white dude is doing something foolish - they do all the fuckin time, people don't assume that's me any more than they do that i'm their boss. we get the benefit of the doubt.

if you're the type that worries how people gonna think of you when your retarded cousin catches a darwin award for putting his dick in an electric socket than some podunk city's fuckery is gonna weigh heavily on your mind. if you're not, you keep it moving and only go there for drugs.

PBY

Banned
Peter do you dress like this? (Not calling you that, just the hype beast clothing)

I cant see the pic- but I don't fuck w/ hypebeasty shit or streetwear really. Have a few items that I got basically through liking hip hop, but i only wear them either: around the house or at hip hop shows- and even then most of the time i stay wearing what i normally do- casual/preppy.

Count- you want a life pro-tip?

J-crew for play, Brooks Brothers for work. You can never ever go wrong with that combo.

1. The Put On Intro
2. Bpt
3. I Just Wanna Party (feat. ScHoolboy Q & Jay Rock)
4. Left, Right (feat. DJ Mustard)
5. Bicken Back Being Bool
6. Meet the Flockers (feat. Tee Cee)
7. My Nigga (feat. Jeezy & Rich Homie Quan)
8. Do It To Ya (feat. TeeFLii)
9. Me & My **** (feat. Tory Lanez)
10. Who Do You Love? (feat. Drake)
11. Really Be (Smokin N Drinkin) [feat. Kendrick Lamar]
12. 1Am
13. Thank God (Interlude) [feat. Big TC & RJ]
14. Sorry Momma (feat. Ty Dolla $ign)

Will listen for the Q&Rock and Kendrick song.

I hate when artists litter their debut album with so many features.

IrishNinja

i dress like a bum around the way, but pro-tip for interviews, since i just had one recently: no matter the quality of your suit, get it fitted. go to men's warehouse or wherever and the tailoring will be like $30-40 i wanna say, and you'll look way more professional than the dudes with polos or button up + tie. i used to think this shit was overdoing it, but it's not if you give a fuck about the job, and your swag will be levels above everyone's too unless you're a herb who wears that everyday with your fedora or whatever god i need to stay out of OT around here

PBY

Banned
i dress like a bum around the way, but pro-tip for interviews, since i just had one recently: no matter the quality of your suit, get it fitted. go to men's warehouse or wherever and the tailoring will be like $30-40 i wanna say, and you'll look way more professional than the dudes with polos or button up + tie. i used to think this shit was overdoing it, but it's not if you give a fuck about the job, and your swag will be levels above everyone's too unless you're a herb who wears that everyday with your fedora or whatever god i need to stay out of OT around here

This. Fitted- blue or charcoal. White/blue shirt. Oxfords. #bangbang

For you Irish- Mens Warehouse sucks. In miami, I actually like Austin Burke a lot. Way better. Way cheaper.

/gafhopfashion

IrishNinja

yeah, my girl got me a blue one for my birthday, had it fitted & lovely but ima look into austin burke, gonna assume that's either gables or downtown though?

Tokubetsu

North Florida might as well be in Alabama or Georgia. It's that different. I know Peterboy and Irish were saying north of Orlando but I'd go further and say anything north of Ft. Lauderdale is suspect territory.

Places like Tallahasse and Gainsville are where all my metal and hardcore white friends went to drink themselves to death and fuck scene bitches and a lot of the girls there are running from outta state thinking the sunshine and rum runners will be good for them.

Never ever trust a girl from central florida brehs. Trust me on this. She will have crazy skeletons in her closet.

WanderingWind

North Florida might as well be in Alabama or Georgia. It's that different. I know Peterboy and Irish were saying north of Orlando but I'd go further and say anything north of Ft. Lauderdale is suspect territory.

Places like Tallahasse and Gainsville are where all my metal and hardcore white friends went to drink themselves to death and fuck scene bitches and a lot of the girls there are running from outta state thinking the sunshine and rum runners will be good for them.

Never ever trust a girl from central florida brehs. Trust me on this. She will have crazy skeletons in her closet.

Not like trailers have that big a closet though.

codhand

played Strider last night, it's cool, the presentation is better than something like Shadow Complex, but i prefer SC to this so far. Also Shank and Shank 2 are personal favorites.

also on the burger chains, i've been having Jake's Wayback Burgers, it's a new franchise here, it's alright, fresh ground beef and all, but the old school Malt Shakes are where it's at. overall it's not Five Guys level but still deec.

Esch

Banned
Yeah, I still need that shit to bump in my car for the full impression lol.

Esch hates in n out too? So Cal isn't THAT fake from what I've seen. I just assume most people in general kind of suck. From anywhere. LA has character and it's a fun ass place IMO. San Diego is typically nicer, but to me it's lacking something. Traffic is a bitch of course.

Stop it kid, you need to quit filling that in the blanks of my posts. It's not bad at all, actually pretty good. I probably wouldn't have even made that post if Californians hadn't slurped In N' Out to a ridiculous level it couldn't live up to. It's a good enough fast food burger. The bun is kinda shit though. And the fries are terrible unless you get them well done. really bad.

And yea Socal is fake as fuck. SD is definitely the better city.

Florida is straight with me. Yea they got problems but it's pretty cool for the most part.

Esch

Banned
It's all gravy as long as we all accept London runs things.
Smelliest city I've ever been in, and I've been to 3rd world countries still transitioning from a feudal state.

GOAT Cities that i've been to:

Saint Louis (hometown :yeshrug)
NYC
Sydney
New Delhi
Hong Kong
San Fran

Detox

Smelliest city I've ever been in, and I've been to 3rd world countries still transitioning from a feudal state.

You having a bubble mate?

Nothing in London comes close to the smell in China. You can be walking in the financial district and still smell the sewers.

Hong Kong is dope as fuck. Would love to get in an organisation where I can relocate there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom