• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of the Forbes piece on the secret Wu album, including a snippet of a song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABL5Elr16hc

Production sounds like Wu Forever era to me. Nice.

Piece sounded good,
kA62T.png
@ that Cher part though.

Esch

Banned
haha cmon though, Better Tomorrow might be tight, we don't know yet

ibnIrPph382UBh.gif

Album is gonna be trash. The unity is at a low low point, and none of these dudes seem to like each other anymore. RZA's done on the boards.

Wu-Tang Clan stopped being working as a unit sometime before 2000 and only stans pretend differently. That was 15 years ago.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Posted that snippet the other day. Listened to it again and the beat is still trash. This shit is about to hit Kickstarter bruhs; those million dollar offers are probably gone.

Posted that snippet the other day. Listened to it again and the beat is still trash. This shit is about to hit Kickstarter bruhs; those million dollar offers are probably gone.

You know this how exactly. RZA was on multiple shows a couple weeks ago and said they had huge offers. Lots of Wu stans are rich finance dudes or rich Asian dudes. It'll sell for at least a mil, but they've had a 5mil offer.

IrishNinja

Album is gonna be trash. The unity is at a low low point, and none of these dudes seem to like each other anymore. RZA's done on the boards.

so Rae acting out = nobody liking each other anymore

Wu-Tang Clan stopped being working as a unit sometime before 2000 and only stans pretend differently. That was 15 years ago.

but OB4CL2 dropped in like '09, No Said Date in '04, etc etc...fuckouttahere
you wanna be pessimistic about everything that's not the next jigga disappointment, i mean go head but we haven't even heard a note off the album. I'm not expecting the next 36 chambers, i'm hoping for a few great tracks like House of Flying Daggers & Snake Pond.

Esch

Banned
so Rae acting out = nobody liking each other anymore
we gonna act like Ghost is down with the #Kliq and hasn't been chillin' on his own for a minute?

but OB4CL2 dropped in like '09, No Said Date in '04, etc etc...fuckouttahere
you wanna be pessimistic about everything that's not the next jigga disappointment, i mean go head but we haven't even heard a note off the album. I'm not expecting the next 36 chambers, i'm hoping for a few great tracks like House of Flying Daggers & Snake Pond.
I said Wu as a group effort, u mad, etc.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football

Slim Thug tweeted about it, something to the effect of - "Lean is good, but it ain't good for you."

Big KRIT - Mt Olympus Video

Damn Krit is at the point where he gotta debut music videos on WSHH

That is a weird place to debut a Big KRIT video. Not sure where videos debut these days, but WSHH for him seems really weird. Hell, just post the link on your twitter account and let the blogs pick it up. Just don't see KRIT's target audience and WSHH having much crossover, I might be wrong.

IrishNinja

we gonna act like Ghost is down with the #Kliq and hasn't been chillin' on his own for a minute?

is there anything to indicate he's not on this tho? or beefing with other members? maybe i missed something

I said Wu as a group effort, u mad, etc.

right, but the best parts of those albums are just that - the group efforts. not the best example but would you not consider Wu Massacre something of a group effort?

DominoKid

Slim Thug tweeted about it, something to the effect of - "Lean is good, but it ain't good for you."

That is a weird place to debut a Big KRIT video. Not sure where videos debut these days, but WSHH for him seems really weird. Hell, just post the link on your twitter account and let the blogs pick it up. Just don't see KRIT's target audience and WSHH having much crossover, I might be wrong.

honestly more people would probably see it there than on a TV channel. Q probably cut him a decent check too.

Esch

Banned
is there anything to indicate he's not on this tho? or beefing with other members? maybe i missed something
Nah, he's just clearly content at this point to be his own man is how i see it.

right, but the best parts of those albums are just that - the group efforts. not the best example but would you not consider Wu Massacre something of a group effort?

Dude, i'm talking about albums released under the name Wu-Tang Clan, which is what A Better Tomorrow is supposed to be. Not no compromise shit. And as far as the former goes..

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
honestly more people would probably see it there than on a TV channel. Q probably cut him a decent check too.

Agreed, but KRIT is in a weird spot. I don't think he will ever be a mainstream star, I don't think he will ever dominate the charts, I think he is more likely to become a fan of college scene. Like an alternative artist or some crap.

Also -
Deadmau5 getting coffee with Bun B.

Macca

Can someone will me in with regards to what "Once Upon a Time in Shaolin" is?

I understand it's some limited album etc, but when was it recorded, how did they manage to make this Wu group album, but not "A Better Tomorrow" etc

The Wu is more than capable of making a dope album together. They won't because RZA has 100% direct control of the creative process, and he sucks right now. Dude has hundreds of dope beats stored in his house, I'd much rather see the Wu use some of those beats than anything RZA produces today. But he's not going to give them those beats, he's going to give them his guitar shit and try to dictate what goes where. Not going to work...

As I've said before, the Wu needs to just get together with another producer. If RZA wants to send some beats let him, but they need to stop acting like he's their god damn father. If yall won't show initiative then he's gonna control everything.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Wu is more than capable of making a dope album together. They won't because RZA has 100% direct control of the creative process, and he sucks right now. Dude has hundreds of dope beats stored in his house, I'd much rather see the Wu use some of those beats than anything RZA produces today. But he's not going to give them those beats, he's going to give them his guitar shit and try to dictate what goes where. Not going to work...

As I've said before, the Wu needs to just get together with another producer. If RZA wants to send some beats let him, but they need to stop acting like he's their god damn father. If yall won't show initiative then he's gonna control everything.
Without RZA, there is no Wu-Tang album. And that has nothing to do with his creative capacity either. Without the RZA they are all lost kittens who won't come together to get this money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom