• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

codhand

JKsVYYK.png

JohnDoe

Banned
Lets talk about feminists slamming Thicke and co for Blurred Lines but mostly giving Abel a pass for his rape lyrics.

Abel has way more musical talent to make up for it and his tunes get way less exposure than Blurred Lines.

But yeah, you got a point.

Esch

Banned
Abel has way more musical talent to make up for it and his tunes get way less exposure than Blurred Lines.

But yeah, you got a point.
I think it all balances out with how much more rape is in his music though. I recently looked up the lyrics to Initiation and it had me shook.

Game has the best discography of all of the rappers everyone likes to hate.

Nah. Id take Jay, Ye, 50 over him easy. I might even take Ross tbh.

JohnDoe

Banned
I think it all balances out with how much more rape is in his music though. I recently looked up the lyrics to Initiation and it had me shook.

Not only Initiation breh, bunch of other songs too. Tbh dude seems pretty messed up if you go from his lyrics though lmao

I wonder why Abel hasn't attracted feminist anger yet.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Game has the best discography of all of the rappers everyone likes to hate.

Change "hate" to "clowns on" you're right.

And people aren't mad at Weeknd because he's black. It's shocking when Robin Thicke tries to convince a married woman to sleep with him. (This is now labeled rape for some goddamn reason). Middle America just shrugs if a black dude says something that conforms with what they secretly believe about black folks.

Why do you think Eminem got picketed when Jay was selling platinum records at that point?

Lets talk about feminists slamming Thicke and co for Blurred Lines but mostly giving Abel a pass for his rape lyrics.

Do feminists know who Weeknd is lol. I assumed they only complain when popular stuff rustles their jimmies (Blurred Lines, True Detective, etc).

Esch

Banned
Do feminists know who Weeknd is lol. I assumed they only complain when popular stuff rustles their jimmies (Blurred Lines, True Detective, etc).
I feel weeknd is decent popular going off his record sales for Trilogy and his Drake association. I personally know a couple tumblr feminist type chicks that love him, but I have no evidence beyond that(anecdote). I googled 'Weeknd rape' with minimal results actually, except forum posts.

JohnDoe

Banned
I feel weeknd is decent popular going off his record sales for Trilogy and his Drake association. I personally know a couple tumblr feminist type chicks that love him, but I have no evidence beyond that(anecdote). I googled 'Weeknd rape' with minimal results actually, except forum posts.

most tumblr feminists are idiots though

I'll ask Devolution.

DominoKid

Sure when Abel gets a song thats on radio a million times a day then we can talk about it. He aint getting a pass for it. He just aint on the radar like that.

Thursday = House of Balloons > nostalgia, ULTRA >= Echoes of Silence > channel ORANGE

It is known.

Montreal, Initiation, and XO/The Host deserve an honourable mention though.

Sure when Abel gets a song thats on radio a million times a day then we can talk about it. He aint getting a pass for it. He just aint on the radar like that.

Blurred Lines popular is pretty impossible to just "get"
Songs that have been on the radio/TV are basically Wicked Games, Twenty Eight, Kiss land, Belong to the World, One of those Nights with Juicy J, and maybe Pretty.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

Pretty much. Robin Thicke he's not. The day that happens, is the day when Evil Michael Jackson gets called out. lol.

How it's possible, I don't know, but Action Bronson is just way more overt with his then Abel is.

CRS

Montreal, Initiation, and XO/The Host deserve an honourable mention though.

Same Old Song though.

Also, the Screwed version of Weeknd's tapes are a whole other beast and could practically be considered their own thing. So much piff has consistently been released from the Weeknd camp, it's pretty surreal.

Same Old Song though.

Also, the Screwed version of Weeknd's tapes are a whole other beast and could practically be considered their own thing. So much piff has consistently been released from the Weeknd camp, it's pretty surreal.

If I'm being totally honest I'd say I like every song from the mixtapes lol
And yup chopped not slopped (although I prefer the originals)

Who is Durk? The worse thing about Chicago rappers is that one is either getting killed or releasing some new trap anthem each week, it makes it really hard to know who is who.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bronson is pure comedy though, which is why I never understood why people thought his lyrical content would keep him from being able to go mainstream. It'd come off as shock value, but at the same time you can clearly tell he writes just to say the silliest shit. When you're listening, it's just a cascade of you catching all the silly shit he's saying one line late.

I think R&B cats get a bit of lee way when it comes to that sort of criticism. Its definitely rape-y but its not on some UEONO shit and is sort of made to appeal to those sorts of fantasies in women as well, which is also why his music resonates the way it does. Obligatory.

i only heard the first one, are more up?
Michael Jackson - Blue Gangsta.

Who is Durk? The worse thing about Chicago rappers is that one is either getting killed or releasing some new trap anthem each week, it makes it really hard to know who is who.

IIN MY OWWWWNNN CITTYYY

PlayDat

This is exactly it. I remember Gambino getting flack for some lyric about wanting one of his hot teachers to rape him. I think he's also been under fire for all his creepy interracial stuff. Since he's relatively popular and most of his fans are women he's more likely to receive some negative attention for that type of stuff.

It also explains why Das Racist didn't catch a ton of shit after that one fan posted on tumblr about how they felt her up after a show. Those dudes'll probably never take off like that.

HiResDes

Nah. Id take Jay, Ye, 50 over him easy. I might even take Ross tbh.
Game has a better discography than 50 Cent for sure

HiResDes

People still underrating Jesus Piece I see.

Anyway, Johnny Manziel is coming out to Drake's Draft Day. Should be pretty amusing.

what the blue hell is this?

Timbo was not the right person for this. Should've been Pharrell.
Then again MJ's camp never fucked with Pharrell. Them folks passed up on U Don't Have To Call and a bunch of tracks on Justified for fucks sake.

Really ? Damn that's probably my favorite Usher song it did kinda of have a MJ vibe to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom