• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

I'd disagreea about Dre's involvement in music, aftermath was easily the most successful rap label since the millennium and Em and King Kendrick are doing good. Dre doesn't really want to rap, he'd rather stay behind the scenes. I still don't know how Beats became an almost ubiquitous fashion accessory.

If revolt does good, diddy is guaranteed to to be worth a billion maybe more.

I'd agree with what you've said about Jay taking a somewhat indirect route, he seems to be intent on making management work whether it's with musicians or sports stars. Jay is using his star power and building a management agency that can't be rivalled. It'll pay off but he just needs to find the right deals.

Alright, been lurking for a while and can finally post now, time to get this out of the way:

• Pick a coast to rep - Mostly west, but I love some good east coast shit and don't care where th music comes from honestly.

• Favorite Artist - Classic? Ice Cube. Modern? Kendrick and TDE in general

• Best feature killer - Freddie Gibbs

• Favourite producer - Either Preemo or Dre, RZA is up there.

• Favourite album - Illmatic and The Chronic.

• What's in your playlist right now? Mostly revisiting Biggie and Jay's older stuff.

• Rank Kanye's albums: CD > LR > Yeezus > MBTDF > who cares?

• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghost, GZA and Deck.

• Jay Z or Nas? Nas.

• Biggie or Pac? Pac.

• What’s your dream album/project? Detox being great.

• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Dunno.

• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Overrated: Odd Future and Kanye. Underrated: MC Ren

• Have you been known to eat ass? Only Esch's

Esch

Banned
I'd disagreea about Dre's involvement in music, aftermath was easily the most successful rap label since the millennium and Em and King Kendrick are doing good. Dre doesn't really want to rap, he'd rather stay behind the scenes. I still don't know how Beats became an almost ubiquitous fashion accessory.
This is true. But is he still recording music? Nah dude. He manages to keep himself in the discussion by hinting at a followup to a classic but really? he has no interest in it.

If revolt does good, diddy is guaranteed to to be worth a billion maybe more.

I'd agree with what you've said about Jay taking a somewhat indirect route, he seems to be intent on making management work whether it's with musicians or sports stars. Jay is using his star power and building a management agency that can't be rivalled. It'll pay off but he just needs to find the right deals.

I still haven't had the chance to check out Revolt yet, seems like the only one up on it is Enzo. The thing is, I think Jay wants to be a Lucian Grainge type dude without the family or backing. He's made a lot of inroads this year with adding people to his roster. But he needs to get the goodwill of the people back with new really quality music and some sort of... gesture?

Hey new guy! Stay away from my ass.
jFcyYoknv3UDx.png

DominoKid

This is true. But is he still recording music? Nah dude. He manages to keep himself in the discussion by hinting at a followup to a classic but really? he has no interest in it.

I still haven't had the chance to check out Revolt yet, seems like the only one up on it is Enzo. The thing is, I think Jay wants to be a Lucian Grainge type dude without the family or backing. He's made a lot of inroads this year with adding people to his roster. But he needs to get the goodwill of the people back with new really quality music and some sort of... gesture?

Hey new guy! Stay away from my ass.
jFcyYoknv3UDx.png

Other than that live show in the evenings, Revolt is pretty sweet

PlayDat

One thing about that Noz article: Was Q-Tip really considered the better rapper in ATCQ? I had never listened to them until about a year ago and even now still haven't gone any deeper into their catalog than The Low End Theory, but I felt that Phife outrapped him on that. I never understood why he isn't as relevant today as Q-Tip manages to be.

DominoKid

One thing about that Noz article: Was Q-Tip really considered the better rapper in ATCQ? I had never listened to them until about a year ago and even now still haven't gone any deeper into their catalog than The Low End Theory, but I felt that Phife outrapped him on that. I never understood why he isn't as relevant today as Q-Tip manages to be.

yes.

Phife being sick and Q-Tip being the mastermind behind ATCQ is why Q-Tip stays way more relevant than him. You should check out the ATCQ doc.

IrishNinja

you gotta hear Midnight Marauders like now, that's one of my favorites of all time...and Ace isn't here to tell you Phife is better, so yeah man, it's Tip though i love em both.
that docu though...it's some sad shit as a huge tribe fan, for real

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
enzo is that avy supposed to be a Zaku Amazing Ironman?
yeah brah

I modeled it after Char's original Zaku specifically (which the Zaku Amazing is based off of).

Charzaku-dwg3.jpg

After watching Build Fighters, I've pretty much spent the last few weeks watching everything and anything Gundam.

PlayDat

you gotta hear Midnight Marauders like now, that's one of my favorites of all time...and Ace isn't here to tell you Phife is better, so yeah man, it's Tip though i love em both.
that docu though...it's some sad shit as a huge tribe fan, for real

I actually have Midnight Marauders on my phone right now. Will be taking a four hour bus ride on Saturday so I'll be listening to MM and Southernplayalistic for the first time that day.

...and Ace isn't here to tell you Phife is better...

sass1.png

Playdat said:

Phife was better

sass2.png

Pathos

Banned
‘Pac was just an extreme dude, and if he did something he went all the way with it. He wasn’t into subliminal disses, and I can’t even imagine him trying to do that someone. The thing is after the Makaveli album, he said that he got that shit out of his system and he wasn’t doing that anymore. He actually contacted Nas to let him know about the Makaveli album, and as a matter of fact, he was the only one that ‘Pac reached out to. He told him that the album was coming out and that he was going after him in it. They made peace at the MTV Awards—the meeting that his brother Jungle spoke about saying that we were scared and they had us under pressure. We had half of Jersey with us at the MTV Awards, and Nas was only with his brother and like two other dudes. I remember that meeting well because ‘Pac kept telling him, “Speak up! I can’t hear you.” Nas was saying in a low voice, “There’s no beef, you know what I’m saying?” ‘Pac was like, “Huh? I can’t hear you. Speak up!” They squashed it after that because ‘Pac was a Nas fan, as we all were. In hindsight, maybe we shouldn’t have all gone that route with those songs, but we were going to ride with ‘Pac to the end regardless, and we did. Fans always tell us to do a new “Hit Em Up” and just diss everybody. It’s never just one person they want us to diss but the whole Rap game. I’m like, “Uh, alright. Cool.”
Good interview w/ E.D.I. Mean

Phife was the best rapper on Low End Theory. Phife just wasn't as good as Tip on the albums before that.

IrishNinja

surprised none of ya'll linked to this new wild irrelevant Slaughterhouse shit yet

I actually have Midnight Marauders on my phone right now. Will be taking a four hour bus ride on Saturday so I'll be listening to MM and Southernplayalistic for the first time that day.

that's gonna be a memorable-ass bus ride there man

Phife was better

sass2.png

You prolly one of them dudes liked Batman better when Nightwing had the cowl too huh

id2oE.png

Phife was the best rapper on Low End Theory. Phife just wasn't as good as Tip on the albums before that.

I don't even remember if Phife was on the one album before that, is the thing

overcast

Jays music already appeals to the masses though, album was a hit. I don't know if Jay feels the pressure to drop this quality music, because it's only a small percentage really looking at him for it. What do you mean by gesture? Curious.
I love making weird music threads in the off-topic

Anyway, Ratking live show at the Boiler Room, Wiki kills it
What was the topic? About to watch this boiler room set.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom