• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, been lurking for a while and can finally post now, time to get this out of the way:

• Pick a coast to rep - Mostly west, but I love some good east coast shit and don't care where th music comes from honestly.

• Favorite Artist - Classic? Ice Cube. Modern? Kendrick and TDE in general

• Best feature killer - Freddie Gibbs

• Favourite producer - Either Preemo or Dre, RZA is up there.

• Favourite album - Illmatic and The Chronic.

• What's in your playlist right now? Mostly revisiting Biggie and Jay's older stuff.

• Rank Kanye's albums: CD > LR > Yeezus > MBTDF > who cares?

• Who is the best Wu-Tang member? Ghost, GZA and Deck.

• Jay Z or Nas? Nas.

• Biggie or Pac? Pac.

• What’s your dream album/project? Detox being great.

• Who is the next big rapper/producer? Dunno.

• Who is the most overrated/underrated emcee? Overrated: Odd Future and Kanye. Underrated: MC Ren

• Have you been known to eat ass? Only Esch's
Welcome breh.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Throwing away 10 mill over pride. Yeesh

Been playing this:

Montana of 300 - Chiraq remix

"I remember way back when we was broke,
we was crying, momma high as hell
to us she was a loving mother,
but to other mother fuckers she was clientele
and I remember begging her to stop
and every single night when I told her that
I'mma get big and buy a bunch of guns and kill every nigga that had sold sold her crack"

Him and Dreezy killed this shit the most. The second half of the song...

The instru might be one of my favs of the year.

edit: Young Chris' new mixtape is eh... I remember thinking dude would make it far. >.>

Hov has the masses in the sense that he has the cool cosign. His music had been trash for a decade but he knows what people want. I'm kind of surprised that he doesn't seem interested in going for the crowning achievement of making a truly great album that shifts hip hop right now, even if temporarily. GKMC crushed the building, and like it or not Take Care is also very influential. MCHG is largely a reactionary record, and a bad one at that. Maybe the sales are enough for Jay, but I feel like he's so competitive he has to listen to stuff like GKMC and know he can do better.

This btw is where I thought Drake could target Hov if he wanted. Hov could potentially be vulnerable with the "one hot album in ten years" theory going full circle on him. The flip side is that many people don't give a shit about good albums - they want hits, and Hov has them. Have two guys with complete dominance of the mainstream ear ever faced off before in rap? I'm not sure. This war won't be won with bars, it'll be decided by who falls off first commercially.

And I don't see either falling off in that sense anytime soon. This shit is basically a Cold War. Both sides will continue to say shit (prediction: Drake will call Hov sensitive in an interview this year) but no bombs, and eventually one side will crumble on its own.

overcast

Oh damn, you're missing out on some of my favorites. SoilBreak, I would check out

Freddie Gibbs - Piñata
Ratking- So It Goes
Isaiah Rashad - Cilvia Demo
Antwon - Heavy Hearted in Doldrums

Also check out Big Krit's new song, Mt. Olympus. Dope.

IrishNinja

goddamn yeah, starting to take back some of the shit i said about ashanti's talentless ass...if rihanna had a pic like that i'd walk some of it back too

and it's cool hearing reggie try again, he's at least got some of his energy back!

Hov has the masses in the sense that he has the cool cosign. His music had been trash for a decade but he knows what people want. I'm kind of surprised that he doesn't seem interested in going for the crowning achievement of making a truly great album that shifts hip hop right now, even if temporarily. GKMC crushed the building, and like it or not Take Care is also very influential. MCHG is largely a reactionary record, and a bad one at that. Maybe the sales are enough for Jay, but I feel like he's so competitive he has to listen to stuff like GKMC and know he can do better.

This btw is where I thought Drake could target Hov if he wanted. Hov could potentially be vulnerable with the "one hot album in ten years" theory going full circle on him. The flip side is that many people don't give a shit about good albums - they want hits, and Hov has them. Have two guys with complete dominance of the mainstream ear ever faced off before in rap? I'm not sure. This war won't be won with bars, it'll be decided by who falls off first commercially.

And I don't see either falling off in that sense anytime soon. This shit is basically a Cold War. Both sides will continue to say shit (prediction: Drake will call Hov sensitive in an interview this year) but no bombs, and eventually one side will crumble on its own.

What's this in response to? Something else pop off between the two?

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
the sound she makes would kill my boner faster than thinking about that newcomer eating esch's ass.
i am actually legit pissed right now. not at the starving cockgoblin but at codhand for linkin such stupid shit.

She sounded like the beginning of On Sight
OEN1RZL.gif

edit:
someone help me suck less at NBA 2k14

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
There's like... just enough definition....

just the right amount.

soft, but just the right amount that when she's steppin out of the shower all nice and wet...
lawdswd6r.png

Esch

Banned
Hes referring to Jay Rock having already released a lukewarm full length, Follow Me Home.

Still better than the weedcarrierboy Q discog tho

not really. But fuck you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom