• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Can't think of anywhere else to post this shit -

I am sitting at home, get a text from a girl I used to date/have sex with years ago asking what's going on. She then sends me a topless pic of her asking if I wanted to hang out again. She has my attention, I say I could be down. She says she is on the other side of town (other side of town here means an hour drive), but I am not doing shit tonight so I agree. Then she asks can I bring some change, like $100 of change. It was like a reaction to a hyped up 50 Cent album. I like the single, hear some good buzz about it then I get severely disappointed.

I just put her ass on my my ignore list on my phone after that. Got me all ready for a wild night and then talking about cashflow? I'll sit my ass at home playing Diablo 3 before I fall for that crap.

To make this rap-related, I am listening to Broken Ankles right now.

10395840_770672764155_3268149067933386354_n.jpg

Maybe not a classic intro but I loved Monch's intro on his last album, W.A.R.

Pharoahe Monch ft. Idris Elba - The Warning

The album struts the line between concept album and just good music in general, and it really sets a good tone for Monch railing against everything.

Monch's concept tracks are some of the best in Hip Hop in my opinion. Stray Bullet is my personal GOAT for concept tracks. Gun Draws is sick as hell as well.

codhand

Monch solo LPs are no bueno.

If you haven't heard Stress: The Extinction Agenda, I really think you should fix that on youtube right now.

I am sitting at home, get a text from a girl I used to date/have sex with years ago asking what's going on. She then sends me a topless pic of her asking if I wanted to hang out again. She has my attention, I say I could be down. She says she is on the other side of town (other side of town here means an hour drive), but I am not doing shit tonight so I agree. Then she asks can I bring some change, like $100 of change. It was like a reaction to a hyped up 50 Cent album. I like the single, hear some good buzz about it then I get severely disappointed.

I just put her ass on my my ignore list on my phone after that. Got me all ready for a wild night and then talking about cashflow? I'll sit my ass at home playing Diablo 3 before I fall for that crap.

I commend you.
Been in a similar situation; saying no isn't the easiest thing but it is definitely the right decision.

Lord Willin' Intro.

YES

edit:
I also liked Capital Punishment's Intro.
Oneirology was also cool.
And although I already mentioned the first two LPs, The Slim Shady EP had if not a good intro, definitely a significant one when viewed in retrospect.
Death Certificate was great.
First time listening to Yeezus was also pretty cool

My favourite might be All Eyez on Me though.

Monch's concept tracks are some of the best in Hip Hop in my opinion. Stray Bullet is my personal GOAT for concept tracks. Gun Draws is sick as hell as well.
Can't help but be a huge fan of the guy after hearing those. Also I'm enjoying this RZA ep more than I thought. I figured o should give it a listen after hearing some guy refer to him as the R Z A.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Yup 100% right call. I had a similar situation when I was young dumb and naive, except she waited till I met up with her and then dropped the "I desperately need some cash line" with some excuse about a hospital bill. Fell for it because I was a young and stupid. Turns out she just wanted money to buy drugs with her junkie boyfriend. Next time she called me she wanted money to bail him out of jail lmao. I was a fucking dumbass in my early 20's.

clokwize

Neo Member
I also love The Genesis, even if there's no actual rap in it. That song captures NYC perfectly.
Agreed, it's my favorite album intro of all time. The sampling of Grand Wizard Theodore's Subway Theme went perfectly with the atmosphere of the album. Another favorite intro of mine would be the intro to The Chronic, aboslutely awesome instrumental and some hilarious insults from Snoop directed at Eazy.

illadelph

Double post but has anyone listened to "...and then you shoot your cousin" yet?

It's very short, 11 tracks and a few of them are weird interludes and shit. Black Thought is in Super Saiyan mode, but he only spits here and there. I'd check it out if you're interested if only because doing so wouldn't be very time consuming.

effzee

Damn this and her recent pictures on some roof top.

I never really found her attractive before. I think its because there were some pictures circulating way back in the day showing a hairy chest, upper lip, or naval area. Unfair but 10 years ago I found that so repulsive I was turned off by her. Music didn't help.

Now? Def buy her a meal.

Esch

Banned
tbh i saw the commercial and it was just okay even in that context. id rather have something inspirational for a World Cup spot instead of this lame 'cocks in your daughter' shit. Sounds like some garbage hudmo and travis scott came up with while playing minecraft.

it sounds like fruity loops was crashing and the audio loop got stuck playing the first 8 bars over and over again before a system wide crash.

Reminds me of when I first heard St. Anger and was like "yo, is the radio station looping the vocals?"

Drums aren't bad, I'd like to hear CDQ. Kanye can't rap over that shit, give it to Killer Mike or someone else with mic presence.

HiResDes

That doesn't sound like Shabazz Palaces at all. For one, my ears are not bleeding.

Hardly even call it a song, it's a commercial backdrop.

EDIT: Lol, Kanye isn't even the primary producer. "The song was produced by 88 Keys, Kanye West, Hudson Mohawke, Mike Dean & Noah Goldstein."
The song or whatever is shit, Shabazz is super dope

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Reminds me of when I first heard St. Anger and was like "yo, is the radio station looping the vocals?"

Drums aren't bad, I'd like to hear CDQ. Kanye can't rap over that shit, give it to Killer Mike or someone else with mic presence.
Kanye has way more mic presence than Killer Mike. Ye has a very distinct style and voice, and you always know what's up when he gets on a record. Can't say the same about Killer Mike's style, even though he has a bit of a booming voice.

Esch

Banned
Why does Kanye think that the greater the number of producers that contribute equates to a better track?
Probably the same reason he thinks throwing the kitchen sink in on almost every beat he's made since 808s & Heartbreak, I'd guess.

#minimalism

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why does Kanye think that the greater the number of producers that contribute equates to a better track?
Why is this continually an assumption? Cruel Summer had multiple songs with only one producer as well, and that was definitely the height of Ye's collaborative process being publicized. It's circumstantial, and always has been. Moreover, it really doesn't matter at all, so long as the product is good. And it's still a net positive from the looks of things.

That's what happens when you surround yourself with Yes Men. They won't tell you when something isn't good.
Also not true. Fundamentally, because of the nature of the process, more people get told their idea is shit compared to the one they agree on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom