• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned

Jay Rock's UNRELEASED material stunts all over the best of anything Q has to offer

iQsjKn9y4pJPi.gif

Esch

Banned
This Lil Herb tape is fire. The praise you trap brehs were lumping on it is deserved. This reminds me of the first time I listened to Back from the Dead, BOATS, Flockaveli, YRN. That trap spot about to switch :whew:

Detox

One problem, Tech n9ne said Jay Rock has one album to release on Strange Music. This could be the reason why isn't signed to a major.

PBY

Banned
This Lil Herb tape is fire. The praise you trap brehs were lumping on it is deserved. This reminds me of the first time I listened to Back from the Dead, BOATS, Flockaveli, YRN. That trap spot about to switch :whew:
Daps

People should listen to this

Damn, brehs. Power 105.1 is playing Juelz Santana and Lil Wayne's Black Republican rendition... Took me back to days of me actually stanning Weezy back in highschool...

mooooose

You know why people don't like Oxymoron? Because it's not fun.

HnC was dark, but it was fun. It was like a bizzaro but not as good Danny Brown album.

Oxymoron is just 99% serious.

mooooose

Aston 3:16 listening party this weekend, but that shit is gonna be better than Oxymoron. Dash Vices is better than it.

Nahhhhh I liked Vices but Dash is rough. Had some good moments. I'll check out Aston 3:16 but I just think his voice is really odd. I also just don't like his whole wrestling thing. It feels forced.

edit - should clarify i think aston seems like an overall cool dude and much like ferg i think he has good moments lyrically

You know why people don't like Oxymoron? Because it's not fun.

HnC was dark, but it was fun. It was like a bizzaro but not as good Danny Brown album.

Oxymoron is just 99% serious.

It's missing the "bounce" tracks like There He Go, Hands On The Wheel, My Hatin' Joint, Sexting, Gangsta In Designer, and Druggy Wit Hoes Again. Some of the tracks filling that role on Oxymoron (Los Awesome, Collard Greens, Hell Of A Night) aren't nearly as strong, and the 2 that work (Man of The Year, second half of Prescription/Oxymoron) aren't enough to balance the album.

I also feel that it would've been stronger if Yay Yay was somewhere on the standard tracklist, preferably in place of The Purge, or Los Awesome, or Studio, or His and Her Friend, or Grooveline Pt 2, or.........

iavi

You crossed across the quality spectrum in going from Flockaveli to Back from the Dead with this one.

I've been fiending for some trap shit lately, but quality trap. I'm not finding it in any of these cats. It's like these fools that I'm hearing don't at all listen to the instrumental they're going over before spitting. Barely matching mess over decent instrumentals. I'm looking for that lex flocka synergy.

The last ace trap album I heard was Fried Turkey, but that didn't really bring the thump--no fault to it.

PBY

Banned
You crossed across the quality spectrum in going from Flockaveli to Back from the Dead with this one.

I've been fiending for some trap shit lately, but quality trap. I'm not finding it in any of these cats. It's like these fools that I'm hearing don't at all listen to the instrumental they're going over before spitting. Barely matching mess over decent instrumentals. I'm looking for that lex flocka synergy.

The last ace trap album I heard was Fried Turkey, but that didn't really bring the thump--no fault to it.
Did u listen to fazoland? Shit is piff

I prefer Earl over Vince.. but Stolen Youth was better than Doris.

Really liked the Break The Bank music video.

At the end I noticed that's where the Single Cover for Man of The Year came from

iavi

Facts only. Also that comparison had nothing to do with quality. It was about shit changing the game..

Honest question. What game has been changed because of Back from the Dead? It wasn't hip-hop. Flockaveli changed the rap game. Luger's sound was aped from to heaven, hell, and back to earth after release, and still is to this day--including Chops shit. Ye changed the game. Made shit like Lupe Fiasco marketable.

Back from the Dead got Keef a couple mil views on YT, and a couple documentaries on the chiraq, no fault to that. That's money. But let's not overstate effects here. I don't see any other cats from Chi getting major market shine all of a sudden.

E: speaking of Keef & Luger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSpCezVglQ

That poor beat.

Esch

Banned
Honest question. What game has been changed because of Back from the Dead? It wasn't hip-hop. Flockaveli changed the rap game. Luger's sound was aped from to heaven, hell, and back to earth after release, and still is to this day--including Chops shit. Ye changed the game. Made shit like Lupe Fiasco marketable.

Back from the Dead got Keef a couple mil views on YT, and a couple documentaries on the chiraq, no fault to that. That's money. But let's not overstate effects here. I don't see any other cats from Chi getting major market shine all of a sudden.

E: speaking of Keef & Luger http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVSpCezVglQ

That poor beat.

I thought you liked trap? breh keef has so many imitators. And if you're using the 'major market' as a stick, rap aint shit period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom