• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
This must be how Jaz-O feels

No, this is how Jaz-O feels:

xYrpav4.jpg

Tracklist for Pharoahe Monch's PTSD

1.) “The Recollection Facility” (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
2.) “Times2” (produced by Marco Polo)
3.) “Losing My Mind” featuring deNaUn (produced by Jesse West)
4.) “Heroin Addict” (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
5.) “Damage” (produced by Lee Stone)
6.) “Bad M.F.” (produced by Lee Stone)
7.) “The Recollection Facility Pt.2” (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
8.) “Rapid Eye Movement” featuring Black Thought (produced by Marco Polo)
9.) “Scream” (produced by Quelle Chris)
10.) “SideFX” featuring Dr. Pete (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
11.) “The Jungle” (produced by Marco Polo)
12.) “Broken Again” (produced by The Lion Share Music Group)
13.) “Post Traumatic Stress Disorder”(produced by Boogie Blind & B.A.M.)
14.) “Dream” featuring Talib Kweli (produced by Lee Stone)
15.) “The Recollection Facility Pt.3” (produced by Pharoahe Monch)
16.) “Eht Dnarg Noisulli” featuring The Stepkids (produced by The Stepkids & Pharoahe Monch)
17.) “Stand Your Ground” featuring Vernon Reid (produced by Lee Stone) ****Bonus Track for Digital Purchases

http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/02/...-features-talib-kweli-black-thought-and-more/
pls be good

Kikarian

Oxymoron wasn't what I was expecting tbh.

It felt like I was just going through the album for the sake of it. The songs never really hit me or made me think "WOW, that was amazing!"

I think my favourite out them all was Hoover Street.

Could it be argued that Clivia Demo is more consistent than Oxymoron?

I personally have not given Oxymoron a listen yet so I can't say this but from your impressions, that's the assumption that I can come through if I were to compare the albums.

Edit: Late...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This L can't go unnoticed.

Let's just take a minute to analyze Nothing Was The Same, for what it is. It's one of the most melodic and musical hip hop albums of last year, progressive and complex in all the right ways. It makes Take Care, which I hold as a classic next to XXX and GKMC, seem trite and unsophisticated.

First to note is the production. Many of the songs on NWTS, such as Tuscan Leather, are clear call backs to chipmunk soul era beats, but they have progression that make them so much more than the soul loops that plagued that era. The sample is literally deconstructed throughout the song. Many of the songs sound distant, eerie with layered synths and VERY tight trap esque drums. The best produced song on NWTS is Worst Behavior. Worst Behavior is the best song of 2013, across all genres, and a generation defining song. In it's production, from the percussion, to the zooming synth in the background, and the sparingly placed vocal samples.

But besides the production, more importantly, is Drake. The production would be a step towards the right direction to helping hip hop move forward, but for Drake? This is his life's soundtrack, at this moment. He is in a place no one can sympathize with. He is where Jay Z is now, at the young age of his late 20's. He's learning life while literally being one of the most successful men in his craft. No one is touching Drake money while maintaining his sense of responsibility. Drake is so confessional but comes with so much attitude. NWTS is Drake's control response, fuck any verse. Every song is an anthem. Every hook is masterfully crafted. Drake speaks to a generation.
ibf5ZnAivkQ1Az.png

Esch

Banned
This L can't go unnoticed.

ibf5ZnAivkQ1Az.png

I think it's pretty obvious that moooose is the worst poster in GAF-Hop history that's not actually permabanned like a SwagJesus. This is exactly what we all expected. He rode Q's dick with the ferociousness of Gianna Michaels for a year and a half, set up an out by being praiseworthy of Drake, then when Q came with something declared unilaterally wack he leapt off that cock right onto Drake's. I'm sure you'll all notice he stopped stanning Pusha T and the Clipse as well too. This is the modern face of the Dipset movement.

mooooose

I think it's pretty obvious that moooose is the worst poster in GAF-Hop history that's not actually permabanned like a SwagJesus. This is exactly what we all expected. He rode Q's dick with the ferociousness of Gianna Michaels for a year and a half, set up an out by being praiseworthy of Drake, then when Q came with something declared unilaterally wack he leapt off that cock right onto Drake's. I'm sure you'll all notice he stopped stanning Pusha T and the Clipse as well too. This is the modern face of the Dipset movement.

LOL

The Weeknd goes from Dedication 5 to Carter V, good stuff.
Super low expectations for the rest of the album though. Tha Carter IV wasn't anything special. Also Wayne just seems super clownish nowadays

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dapper Dan thinks Kanye is doing it wrong.
What do you think about Kanye and his impact?
Kanye is making a mistake. He is begging and waiting for somebody. To people like me who struggled, he’s an embarrassment. He’s got all this money, and he’s knocking on the door. I was dead broke. I told my friends back then, if they weren’t going to let me in the door, I’ll just do what they do better than they do it. And do it for us.

I think the reason he’s looking for support from big corporations is because he wants to do his thing on a massive scale, one that can’t be achieved without the support of players like Adidas or Nike.
He admitted that he’s an artist, but he doesn’t know how to sell his stuff to the public. That’s his problem. I don’t think he’s in touch. Does he know what excites the people on the street? Or is it just that he wants people to wear something because he’s wearing it? He should study why black designers before him didn’t make it. If he had done that, he would have known what to expect.

If you could talk to Kanye, what would you say?
“Let’s take this little bit of money here and put it over here in a fashion business. They won’t even know it’s us. Let’s nurture it a certain way so we can see how the game goes.” If he comes out with a line with his name on it and fails, then he’s branded a failure. When I was making clothes, people would come to me and I’d say, “No, no. They’re going to control me. They’re going to do it the way they want to do." I’d rather not come out until I can control the elements in the game as opposed to experimenting with my own name. You don’t get a second chance. Not on his level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom