• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac Miller - The Star Room (OG Version) [Prod. by Earl Sweatshirt]

irr7YwFPHpdkA.gif

Y1Rxe78.gif

powerful music

Whether you think Mac is corny or not he deserves your respect. Dude could sell out whenever he wants and make a fortune, gain mainstream fame, etc. Yet instead he makes abstract music and chills with the homies.

effzee

Who ever is mixing at hot97 is throwing on some Gems! ...and I swear they sending subliminals.

Yeah thankfully I caught that mix. Late 90s to early 00s. Classic stuff. Made You Look remix! I forgot how much Luda kills that track.

I assume it's because Angie was leaving so they decided to play what they really like.

Any reason why she is leaving? Trying the rap career again?

Cudder

Y1Rxe78.gif

powerful music

Whether you think Mac is corny or not he deserves your respect. Dude could sell out whenever he wants and make a fortune, gain mainstream fame, etc. Yet instead he makes abstract music and chills with the homies.
Didn't you once say you've never listened to a Mac Miller track?

Cheddahz

Banned
cakes da killa (aka queer rapper from new york) dropped his new mixtape today and it's dope (though i did like his last mixtape and i lowkey like the queer rap movement)

Mac Miller has been getting better and better IMO.

Agree with PD that he could've taken the mainstream route and definitely be a lot bigger. I remember when his first album Blue Slide Park came out with all those teeny bopper tracks and my Facebook feed (I was in high school) had all these white gyals/boys on that Mac Miller is the first rapper to actually have something to say shit.

Then he hooked up with TDE and OF.

Agree with PD that he could've taken the mainstream route and definitely be a lot bigger. I remember when his first album Blue Slide Park came out with all those teeny bopper tracks and my Facebook feed (I was in high school) had all these white gyals/boys on that Mac Miller is the first rapper to actually have something to say shit.

Exactly. He's no doubt caking on the road, but I honestly think Mac Miller could go platinum if he wanted to. He has the image and cosigns, every label is already offering him mountains of money to sign, he'd have the machine to push his singles, etc. And he can actually rap.

Cudder

i have his Faces tape on my phone but refuse to listen to it because it's not tagged properly, how was it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Why does Mac Miller need to be mainstream/label again when he pretty much has all of the exposure he would've had if he was major, cornered multiple demographics and maximum profits from his current situation which would be cut into otherwise?

Mac's situation literally could not be better.

IrishNinja

Angie Martinez resigned from Hot97

nas won

Esch might be getting banned soon if he doesn't edit his gif in the WC thread.

edit: just saw he did. that was a close one, breh

maaan at least describe it though, now im curious

New Dilated Peoples...beat is interesting. More funky than anything I can think of that Premo has done lately, but still something seems off. I like the bassy intro/chorus more than the rest of it.

didn't know this dropped, looking up now - thanks PD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUc7LU8zo2o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f9IgOjZjn4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom