• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
But I bet itunes version has bonus tracks ugh

EDIT: I can't find anything mentioning a physical release Count. Why you lying to me fam?

TDE still putting out lossy masters? if so, wouldn't be too big of a difference from the iTunes release. the MP4 would have a slight advantage.

Courage

They just announced this on the breakfast club this morning.

ANR9kfU.png

Yo god damn. I mean, I figured it was a possibility and rumor but for it to be actually official not even 24 hours after she announced her retirement from Hot 97 though hahahaha

Courage

Yo god damn. I mean, I figured it was a possibility and rumor but for it to be actually official not even 24 hours after she announced her retirement from Hot 97 though hahahaha

I wonder if Ebro is gonna have one of his lameass, corny rants about it. He's the type of dude to do somethin like that.

Kreed

I wonder if Ebro is gonna have one of his lameass, corny rants about it. He's the type of dude to do somethin like that.

Considering how he and Rosenberg handled the Chuck D situation, I'm expecting at least two weeks worth of Realness segments about it.

As far as twitter goes, the only tweet he made about it was:
voaPMmE.png

Then, he went ahead and began to retweet at least twenty fan tweets about how Hot 97 is still doing good things and shit of that nature.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
What's crazy is I don't listen to the radio and I know Hot 97 has to know they are fucking ujp losing Angie to power 105.

Flex (and I guess kayslay) aren't going to be able to hold that station down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's crazy is I don't listen to the radio and I know Hot 97 has to know they are fucking ujp losing Angie to power 105.

Flex (and I guess kayslay) aren't going to be able to hold that station down.
It's pretty much all on Rosenberg now. And I love the dude for real, but he can't carry the station after he started The Realness and started getting off on his own persona and stuff. Angie was the humble core of Hot97. Not to mention there are no strong females left at Hot97. They could have groomed K.Foxx but gave up. Laura Styles is boring and a punching bag.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dont know much about Angie Martinez beyond her laughably bad attempts to get into the rap game with a bunch of underwhelming guest appearances and shitty albums. And being briefly involved in the nas/jay beef. She never struck me as being very charismatic or interesting or intelligent. But I never listened to her on the radio so I could be totally wrong.

I hate hating on him because he wants people to do that...but god he's a corny motherfucker. You can't pretend to be a "real" hip hop station while playing pop rap all day, or troll Clear Channel while working for Emmis.

Atlanta radio stations play so much new shit, and a lot of it is pure trash. Yet they play it because the city wants to hear from their own. I'm not saying Hot 97 should play Roc Marciano at noon, but they could at least throw more new-ish artists into the playlist during Cee's sets, or Flex's.

siddx

I don't know why people even bother with FM radio. With all the online options and the XM radio stations that actually play a lot of new and varied hip hop, it seems like the last place on earth I'd go to listen to rap.

Angie Martinez always seemed cool to me, and fostered a lot of connections. She is VERY well respected by a lot of rappers, even new ones.

I mainly remember her for laughing at Jay's hurt feelings when Ether dropped lmao. Life is harsh, hug me.

siddx

Action Bronson fans, interested in giving him a try. What tapes should I start with?

Any of them. He basically just raps the same four bars about how much he loves to eat over and over and over.

I kid...kind of...but he is a bit one dimensional. I'd say Well Done is my favorite work of his though.

Kreed

I don't know why people even bother with FM radio. With all the online options and the XM radio stations that actually play a lot of new and varied hip hop, it seems like the last place on earth I'd go to listen to rap.

People are turning to these programs to listen to the personalities. Similar to why some people watch morning news for news and current events vs going to a major news source.

Esch

Banned
Any of them. He basically just raps the same four bars about how much he loves to eat over and over and over.

I kid...kind of...but he is a bit one dimensional. I'd say Well Done is my favorite work of his though.
One dimensional. but dudes hate too much since he has more attention than your average sound click rapper. yea, i get it. he raps like ghostface. so what? everyone raps kinda like someone. Dude has a top tier sense of humor, occasionally some great imagery, picks pretty good beats, and has managed to craft an enjoyable semi-self aware personality. its not that serious.

siddx

One dimensional. but dudes hate too much since he has more attention than your average sound click rapper. yea, i get it. he raps like ghostface. so what? everyone raps kinda like someone. Dude has a top tier sense of humor, occasionally some great imagery, picks pretty good beats, and has managed to craft an enjoyable semi-self aware personality. its not that serious.

He's a feature rapper for me. I'll look forward to his guest verses but listening to an entire album gets repetitive for me. I don't give a shit that he sounds like ghostface, it's better than sounding like lil wayne or drake like 90% of these new rappers seem to. I appreciate all those aspects you listed, I just get bored of his subject matter after a while.

big ander

Alright thanks I'll check some of these tapes out this weekend

All 3 of those tapes are good but what got me really into him was Blue Chips 1. the conceit there of recording his raps in one take showcases his ridiculous humor best. That'd be me call for starting point, though you won't go wrong with Well done or Rare Chandeliers (or even Dr. Lecter)

Esch

Banned
He's a feature rapper for me. I'll look forward to his guest verses but listening to an entire album gets repetitive for me. I don't give a shit that he sounds like ghostface, it's better than sounding like lil wayne or drake like 90% of these new rappers seem to. I appreciate all those aspects you listed, I just get bored of his subject matter after a while.

he'll never be elite or produce a classic, but consistent good quality for a while hopefully leading to him becoming a personality in the food world would be great. As a guy who loves to cook, i'd kill to read an column by him in Saveur or Bon Appetit or something. Might be too raw for them though.

siddx

A well budgeted action bronson cooking show would be fucking amazing.

siddx

He could have a guest rapper every week that he has a cook off with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom