• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's pretty much all on Rosenberg now. And I love the dude for real, but he can't carry the station after he started The Realness and started getting off on his own persona and stuff. Angie was the humble core of Hot97. Not to mention there are no strong females left at Hot97. They could have groomed K.Foxx but gave up. Laura Styles is boring and a punching bag.

I forgot about Rosenberg, didn't he take a L arguing with Chuck D last week?

Hot 97 needs new talent. Its time to rebuild while because Flex, Mr Cee and Rosenberg are all one controversy away from Star and bucwild status.

The bad thing about Bronson is that I have a feeling he'll fuck around and have a heart attack soon. Hard drugs+being obese+high energy performances don't mix.

pray for that man

The bad thing about Bronson is that I have a feeling he'll fuck around and have a heart attack soon. Hard drugs+being obese+high energy performances don't mix.

pray for that man

He does hard drugs? Everything I've seen from him in videos just makes him seem like a huge stoner. The weight is a problem though, I think he said something like "I'm a gorgeous 387 lb man".

DominoKid

891405_526466930815852_1343373186_n.jpg

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy

pray for that man

They think it's sweet till those heart attacks or seizures hit. Word to Rick Ross. Action needs to follow his lead.

effzee

I don't know why people even bother with FM radio. With all the online options and the XM radio stations that actually play a lot of new and varied hip hop, it seems like the last place on earth I'd go to listen to rap.

Well I listen from time to time when I don't have new music ready. Don't have XM radio so sometimes on drives its nice to switch it up from station to station.

But yeah no real need when you have many more options. I guess not everyone has moved on purely on the cost of the new technology.

Dont know much about Angie Martinez beyond her laughably bad attempts to get into the rap game with a bunch of underwhelming guest appearances and shitty albums. And being briefly involved in the nas/jay beef. She never struck me as being very charismatic or interesting or intelligent. But I never listened to her on the radio so I could be totally wrong.

All I know about her is that she is famous or iconic in NYC. Why? I don't know. She was on radio before I started listening and still is. I listen to her interviews or her show and I don't hear anything radically different.

Same songs, same conversation, very minimal outside the box commentary, and just tons of air time filled with her just laughing as if someone else in the room is doing stand up who we can't listen to.

But she became a big name and now is a big "get" for power 105.

Is this real lmao

also is she joining the Breakfast Club or is she getting her own time slot?

I imagine she would get the afternoon slot. Power has no one for that prime after work/rush hour drive home ratings slot.

The portion I heard yesterday during her "retirement" show Luda and Tyrese called in saying they are pissed she is leaving. Everyone made it sound like she was leaving radio for good to pursue acting or rapping.

How is it a retirement if you are just going to the rival station?

Wasn't DJ Envy a part of Hot 97 in the past too? She wouldn't be the first person to take off their WCW shirt to reveal an nWo shirt right underneath. I still find it amazing she switched sides so soon.

Cudder

Apparently Danny Brown is doing a free show tonight in Toronto at Dundas square at 730. Its 5 minutes from my work and I work until 9. I think I might cry.

HiResDes

Apparently Danny Brown is doing a free show tonight in Toronto at Dundas square at 730. Its 5 minutes from my work and I work until 9. I think I might cry.

Rap shows start an hour later anyway, you could probably just leave a half hour early and be fine.

HiResDes

Cities Aviv performance in Toronto,ON tomorrow night at the Virgin Mobile Mod Club with Danny Brown + Le1f for NXNE...Starts at 8pm

...If Danny is performing tonight it's probably just a warmup

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Fuck, it's my birthday and I want to go to this but I might be stuck entertaining some family this evening.

I didn't know Danny Brown was able to get into Canada.

HiResDes

Danny at the awesome venue in Bloomington, Indiana = A Top Five Show, 10/10

Danny at the worst venue I've ever been to = 7/10, dude is that good!

Esch

Banned
The people at a Danny show probably smell worse than Danny.
This is also true
nah breh I don't believe you, you need more people. I just assumed Danny smelled like kush and cologne. Dude is surrounded by women all day, why would he want to smell like shit...smh
Most people who smell like shit aren't aware of it. Peep how many gaffer are like 'naw, you don't need to shower every day'

'Deodorant is bad for you'

Etc etc

This is also true

Most people who smell like shit aren't aware of it. Peep how many gaffer are like 'naw, you don't need to shower every day'

'Deodorant is bad for you'

Etc etc

true...

Man I hated going to the library during midterms/finals at school. There was always a dozen Indian or Arab dudes who didn't believe in deodorant. Come the fuck on. No offense to either ethnicity of course.

explain this shit Esch.

Dereck

I went to the Best Buy/Smash Brothers showcase event, man I really hate when stereotypes are true.

It was like a mini-Comic Con up in that bitch. It smelled terrible.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cross-posting from Battle-GAF:

Total Slaughter's first battle is up, this is the Slaughterhouse reality TV show slash tournament thing that they keep putting Em's name on even though he isn't really involved.

T-Rex vs. Cortez. Tez got washed but Rex went the fuck in.

This n***a gon' beat me? Not at all.
You can take this chain if you want, but you're gonna die when you got it on

if51OpXzi3sTX.gif

Esch

Banned
true...

Man I hated going to the library during midterms/finals at school. There was always a dozen Indian or Arab dudes who didn't believe in deodorant. Come the fuck on. No offense to either ethnicity of course.

explain this shit Esch.

I don't understand the question. You're asking me to explain why immigrants have different attitudes toward cleanliness/hygiene than the countries they immigrate to?

I shower + deodorant every day. I'm not trying to get caught lackin' since everyone thinks brown dudes smell bad.

Invent a sport, spread it thru colonization, and then get beat by everyone else at it brehs
england gonna england

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom