• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
MGR is okay. I realized while playing it that I don't have any desire for japanese cornball SSStylish type anime goofery in my games or movies anymore. It makes me kind of sad, actually.

4 mics.

Cheddahz

Banned
One of the best things about Rising, is how much it kinda trolls regular MG. Those 20 minute cutscenes conversations? Optional. If you want that shit you can call ppl in the pause menu and hear Raiden talk to a german scientist about nanomachines for 15 minutes. Literally.

I think that's why I loved it, cause it wasn't a Metal Gear game, yet...it was

MGR is okay. I realized while playing it that I don't have any desire for japanese cornball SSStylish type anime goofery in my games or movies anymore. It makes me kind of sad, actually.

4 mics.
They're becoming a rare breed in character action games now a days. Please keep them coming.

Tokubetsu

That final boss was also amazing. It's even better that it's all canon.

Which makes it the most excellent of Kojima-stan troll. Love to see MGS4 fans cry bitter tears and write thesis papers about why Rising sucks and shouldn't be canon and trust me, as someone who used to frequent a lot of the MGS sites/forums (i still idle in a couple irc channels too) they are out there writing thesis papers about MG games.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
So I was at a friends house and he has one of those really expensive TV's. Anyhow I decided to watch mtv 2 for the first time in like 2 years. Here are my observations of modern rap videos.

1) Nikki Minaj ass looks horrible when you see it on high Def. It looks stiff as fuck like a glob of putty
2) Busta Rhymes looks Flabby and Sick
3) apparently some rapper has a video based on him being a slave but he has a mouth full of Gold Teeth. Alex Haley is rolling in his grave.
4) Wtf does Diddy have a video of himself in the mountains wearing a fur coat and its June?
5) a lot of these rap video's if muted sync up surprisingly well with EDM music.
6) Iggy Azalea has nice Hips but her ass....not so much
7) Rick Ross has a video where in the end the protagonist gets a new car like he won a game show because he committed a crime.
8) TI has a music video that felt like a parody of those old propaganda films

idk if its cause I'm older but is there any part of hip hop music video's that's suppose to represent reality anymore? those videos felt like a cliche of what rap videos use to be in the 90's. At least in the 2000's kanye was putting out new ideas.....

beanman25

Had 6th row seats to Superjam in STL last night.

Awesome experience! YG, Juicy J, and Yo Gotti tore the place down as headliners.

Absolutely need to make concerts a regular thing, because I've never been in an atmosphere like that!

Tokubetsu

So I was at a friends house and he has one of those really expensive TV's. Anyhow I decided to watch mtv 2 for the first time in like 2 years. Here are my observations of modern rap videos.

1) Nikki Minaj ass looks horrible when you see it on high Def. It looks stiff as fuck like a glob of putty
3) apparently some rapper has a video based on him being a slave but he has a mouth full of Gold Teeth. Alex Haley is rolling in his grave.
4) Wtf does Diddy have a video of himself in the mountains wearing a fur coat and its June?
5) a lot of these rap video's if muted sync up surprisingly well with EDM music.
7) Rick Ross has a video where in the end the protagonist gets a new car like he won a game show because he committed a crime.

idk if its cause I'm older but is there any part of hip hop music video's that's suppose to represent reality anymore? those videos felt like a cliche of what rap videos use to be in the 90's. At least in the 2000's kanye was putting out new ideas.....

Nah, Iggy has a great ass

BUSTA+RHYMES+-+VIBE+Impact+2014.jpg

flabby

DominoKid

idk if its cause I'm older but is there any part of hip hop music video's that's suppose to represent reality anymore?
those videos felt like a cliche of what rap videos use to be in the 90's. At least in the 2000's kanye was putting out new ideas.....

nope. i really think they just focus on making that shit look good on HDTVs. like that Tyga "Hookah" video for example.

but yeah it really does feel like they're on some checklist shit now more than ever.

JohnDoe

Banned

Why are people always pointing out only hip-hop, it's the same for any type of mainstream party music.

Dunno if I'd say Iggy has a great ass but she has one. But she's so pasty I can't fux with her; kinda looks like a clown nahmean. Clearly she wasn't working outside for two years in Miami.

Esch

Banned
i dont really get the cliche thing either since rap music videos have always been full of cliches. Especially post 1990.

Tokubetsu

i dont really get the cliche thing either since rap music videos have always been full of cliches. Especially post 1990.

Yeah the only thing I can kinda see is the whole "selling you a lifestyle" quality to a lot of MVs and sponsored ads might not be AS effective anymore because we live in the era of tumblr and pintrest. Harder to sell people that when they can visionboard that shit anytime they want and be me way more specific about it. Also, the rise of "Personal" branding.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Not really, like yeah the general themes were always cliches but why is that TI video with iggy just snoops beautiful? I will admit It was just one sit down but man every video I saw had me saying to myself "oh they decided to do that again"

IrishNinja

busta looks like he blew up on some HGH shit and then just let it go & ate burgers all day

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, aka The Only Metal Gear That Matters After 3

these words are blessed~

It makes me kind of sad, actually.

that makes me sad too. ima get you Asura's Wrath for christmas.

Which makes it the most excellent of Kojima-stan troll. Love to see MGS4 fans cry bitter tears and write thesis papers about why Rising sucks and shouldn't be canon and trust me, as someone who used to frequent a lot of the MGS sites/forums (i still idle in a couple irc channels too) they are out there writing thesis papers about MG games.

literally my favorite part about Rising, haha - the fact that fuckboys here @ GAF got the worst MGS of all time made GOTY twice - and during a year of otherwise good releases too - is a badge of shame for this spot. 4 was so goddamn terrible it tried to shit on the series' peak (3) retroactively, and it took a while to get hyped for 5 too.

Esch

Banned
Not really, like yeah the general themes were always cliches but why is that TI video with iggy just snoops beautiful? I will admit It was just one sit down but man every video I saw had me saying to myself "oh they decided to do that again"
Shit man. Stuff gets reused all the time. The thing is, you don't remember the shitty or average shit that was just as unoriginal back then. It's already in the recycle bin of your mind.

The coolest rap music videos in 2014 have like 15000 hits on YouTube. Not rotation on MTV2.

Courage

What are some genuinely good hip hop music vids anyway? Not trying to insinuate they aren't there, just haven't been seeing them.

Tokubetsu

prob the best vid this year actually though
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jUGAVUwhRU

Yeah. I don't fuck with Vic Mensa AT ALL, on any level but I can't deny he killed this track and then shot an even better video for it. Even little things like the text pop up stuff.

That's actuall a pet peeve of mine in modern shows. Like its 2014, everyone knows how texting works. Don't waste time showing me the phone, you can just display that shit on screen now. Save your 2nd unit director some time.

Side Note: His label is kinda failing him tbh. This is a great track/video but only has 800k views on yt? lmao. I'd be pissed on some calling my label/a&r everyday type shit. "Where is my push brehs? Least y'all could do is buy me an extra 500k views damn"

PBY

Banned
Yeah. I don't fuck with Vic Mensa AT ALL, on any level but I can't deny he killed this track and then shot an even better video for it. Even little things like the text pop up stuff.

That's actuall a pet peeve of mine in modern shows. Like its 2014, everyone knows how texting works. Don't waste time showing me the phone, you can just display that shit on screen now. Save your 2nd unit director some time.

Side Note: His label is kinda failing him tbh. This is a great track/video but only has 800k views on yt? lmao. I'd be pissed on some calling my label/a&r everyday type shit. "Where is my push brehs? Least y'all could do is buy me an extra 500k views damn"

I was about to say, I can't believe that track hasn't exploded. Thats on some dope disclosure/rnb shit WITH a good ass video.

Nitsuj23

Even if it isn't killing in the US this is the type of track that should be killing in EU/UK on some Rita Ora type shit.
Really? People like this cornball? I know you said you don't fuck with him, but I can't see this track killing anything but my interest in listening to Vic Mensa (which has been dead for a long time). This video wouldn't exist if Chance hadn't blown up.

The Nate video from Vince Staples was dope. Never seen that before.

Tokubetsu

Really? People like this cornball? I know you said you don't fuck with him, but I can't see this track killing anything but my interest in listening to Vic Mensa (which has been dead for a long time). This video wouldn't exist if Chance hadn't blown up.

The Nate video from Vince Staples was dope. Never seen that before.

That song is better than anything Chance has ever done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom