• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
B9ggWa5.jpg

http://leakrew.com/young-thug-aap-ferg-freddie-gibbs-old-english/

OMG that fucking line-up!! 🙀🔥🔥🔥

AHHH, beaten by seconds. Fuck.

Cudder

Ferg's gonna straight overtake Rocky soon in peoples minds.. wtf has Rocky been doing lately? Ferg's getting these features in left and right, grinding and making a name for himself for the past year straight. needs to capitalize and drop a sophomore album soon.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
When does Ferg drop the ASAP crew? Will he need to or could he get big enough that he just over shadows the fad?

big ander

Man should this Nicki/Iggy thread be as shit-stupid to me as it is? Like, it's 100% dudes saying they'd hit Iggy. which sure if you gotta drool on forums do your thing but I feel like that being such a big part of her reputation is...part of the reason she gets a pass for being fucking atrocious at music? I mean I guess that's a wrong thing to say about a female artist, as if women in music haven't been attacked that way a million times before. Still I can't help but feel uncomfortable with the way people liking her music or at least letting it slide feels mostly based on her sexuality and her skin color tbh...I'm in no place to say though. Maybe it's not my fight. not as if 7 million white dudes haven't been given a pass for shitawful music just because they were kinda good-looking and managed their image well.

But Nicki's attractive too, so it's weird that that thread is all compliments on Iggy's body and not at all about the music. I know people in here don't like Nicki that much but I can't see how it's not an agreed-upon fact that she's 50x the musician and rapper Iggy is.

Psyched to check this Old English track after work.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
When does Ferg drop the ASAP crew? Will he need to or could he get big enough that he just over shadows the fad?
Don't think so. A$AP opened the lane up for him, people will not forget and Rocky is still the bigger name for more reasons than just having more songs that more people like.

I don't think Ferg will end up a fad. He has a pretty diverse approach to what he does, and that's the mark of someone with staying power. Then again, he could start yelling like Kendrick or doing the funny voice too often and drop off hard in quality, and I don't put that past him either.

But Nicki's attractive too, so it's weird that that thread is all compliments on Iggy's body and not at all about the music. I know people in here don't like Nicki that much but I can't see how it's not an agreed-upon fact that she's 50x the musician and rapper Iggy is.
Outside of Pop-GAF, I think it pretty much is.

Does anyone care about ASAP Rocky anymore? Dude seems like he was a fad. He had Drake, 2Chainz, AND Kendrick on a single and still couldn't go gold.

Meanwhile Ferg is out chea spitting. I don't like that Ole English song but Ferg is making weed carrier history with charting singles, memorable guest verses, etc.

Cheddahz

Banned
my best friend and i are driving up to charlotte tomorrow to see swans live, so like, any of you got some good music recommendations? it's gonna take five hours or so to make it to my parents house

Esch

Banned
Man should this Nicki/Iggy thread be as shit-stupid to me as it is? Like, it's 100% dudes saying they'd hit Iggy. which sure if you gotta drool on forums do your thing but I feel like that being such a big part of her reputation is...part of the reason she gets a pass for being fucking atrocious at music? I mean I guess that's a wrong thing to say about a female artist, as if women in music haven't been attacked that way a million times before. Still I can't help but feel uncomfortable with the way people liking her music or at least letting it slide feels mostly based on her sexuality and her skin color tbh...I'm in no place to say though. Maybe it's not my fight. not as if 7 million white dudes haven't been given a pass for shitawful music just because they were kinda good-looking and managed their image well.

Psyched to check this Old English track after work.
We're on a video game forum breh.

Does anyone care about ASAP Rocky anymore? Dude seems like he was a fad. He had Drake, 2Chainz, AND Kendrick on a single and still couldn't go gold.

Meanwhile Ferg is out chea spitting. I don't like that Ole English song but Ferg is making weed carrier history with charting singles, memorable guest verses, etc.

100% real talk.

overcast

Doubt that happens anytime soon. He's definitely far more interesting to listen to than Rocky, but Rocky is a lot more popular. They're missing their chance to drop the Mob album for a summer joint. Hopefully it's better than their joke of a last tape.
Maybe they've seen fewer raunchy pics of Iggy? I for one have seen them all. Nicki is for sure a better musician, but both are pretty bad to me. Wouldn't put it past OT gaf to be race driven or just ignorance in general. Nicki calling Iggy out for no reason is stupid; doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

when are y'all gonna stop with these delusional expectations for record sales

every. single. time.

when are y'all gonna stop with these delusional expectations for record sales

every. single. time.

What's delusional about expecting a rapper with an alleged "big" movement and major mixtape to go gold? Rocky was supposed to be the next guy. Drake, Cole, and Kendrick all hit gold with similar back stories, similar female fanbases, similar acclaim, etc.

Esch

Banned
my best friend and i are driving up to charlotte tomorrow to see swans live, so like, any of you got some good music recommendations? it's gonna take five hours or so to make it to my parents house
Does your friend have a good attention span/taste for more chill chit?

Yes: You should listen to X by Claus Schulze, or Phaedra by Tangerine Dream

No: You should listen to Paranoid by Black Sabbath or We Sing of Only Blood or Love by Dax Riggs.

big ander

Rocky's breakout tape is still better than trap lord, but I don't see either of them being very relevant in coming years. Ferg has a better chance of longevity at his current level of fame
We're on a video game forum breh.
I really do forget this a lot of the time
Outside of Pop-GAF, I think it pretty much is.
It always leads back to popgaf in music OTs, I can't escape
Doubt that happens anytime soon. He's definitely far more interesting to listen to than Rocky, but Rocky is a lot more popular. They're missing their chance to drop the Mob album for a summer joint. Hopefully it's better than their joke of a last tape.

Maybe they've seen fewer raunchy pics of Iggy? I for one have seen them all. Nicki is for sure a better musician, but both are pretty bad to me. Wouldn't put it past OT gaf to be race driven or just ignorance in general. Nicki calling Iggy out for no reason is stupid; doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.
yea I was starting to say in the other thread (left computer) that I agree that she would've been better off shittalking maybe some male who's not given her enough credit in the past or something. Tho if iggy was firing shots behind the scenes it's understandable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
What's delusional about expecting a rapper with an alleged "big" movement and major mixtape to go gold? Rocky was supposed to be the next guy. Drake, Cole, and Kendrick all hit gold with similar back stories, similar female fanbases, similar acclaim, etc.
Clearly you're assumptions are wrong if they led you to this conclusion, especially you thinking his movement was big and like his tape was anything on the level of So Far Gone or Coles or whatever. The circumstances couldn't have been sweeter for those artists you listed. Not only that but his album leaked a month ahead of time. People wore it out by the time it came out.

I think if you expect any rap artist that isn't Jay to go gold in 2014, you're smoking something serious.

Tokubetsu

Rocky's breakout tape can't be better than Trap Lord when tracks 1-5 (Palace to Brand New Guy) are the only good songs on it. Purple Swag is "okay", "Leaf" is a Main Attrakionz song, "Demons" is okay, "Keep it G" is garbage, "Lit" is garbage, "Kissin in Pink" garbage. The entire 2/3rds of that tape are Rocky completely out of his element.

The only weak tracks on Trap Lord are Shabba Ranks (remix completely destroys it from orbit) and fuck out of my face. Rocky tries to reach a lot but rarely hits the mark, particularly when he expands his beat selection to more traditional regional stuff (classic southern style stuff, typical anything produced by Burn One etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom